2019 Mock Drafts

used the matt miller draft board. 

7: R1P7 QB DANIEL JONES DUKE obviously we gotta pick a QB early. 

38: R2P6 WR DK METCALF OLE MISS number 1 WR

69: R3P5 G MICHAEL DEITER WISCONSIN has starting multiple positions.  plug and play at RG at worse case scenario. 

93: R3P29 RB MILES SANDERS PENN STATE we need a quality backup QB. rawls is solid but hasnt been how he played rookie year. hyde and yeldon are gone. 

109: R4P7 G DALTON RISNER KANSAS STATE i think he could be a potential starting RT for us and at worse he gives us quality depth.  hes given up 1 sack on the outside in a power  5 confrence enough said. 

180: R6P5 OT TYTUS HOWARD ALABAMA STATE hes got good athelticism(former TE) so im plugging him as a potential Swing tackle which we need. another guy to push richardson but at the same time be a nice project for us to work on.

238: R7P22 TE DREW SAMPLE WASHINGTON TE depth. 

On 10/01/2019 at 11:03 PM, LinderFournette said:

used the matt miller draft board. 

7: R1P7 QB DANIEL JONES DUKE obviously we gotta pick a QB early. 

38: R2P6 WR DK METCALF OLE MISS number 1 WR

69: R3P5 G MICHAEL DEITER WISCONSIN has starting multiple positions.  plug and play at RG at worse case scenario. 

93: R3P29 RB MILES SANDERS PENN STATE we need a quality backup QB. rawls is solid but hasnt been how he played rookie year. hyde and yeldon are gone. 

109: R4P7 G DALTON RISNER KANSAS STATE i think he could be a potential starting RT for us and at worse he gives us quality depth.  hes given up 1 sack on the outside in a power  5 confrence enough said. 

180: R6P5 OT TYTUS HOWARD ALABAMA STATE hes got good athelticism(former TE) so im plugging him as a potential Swing tackle which we need. another guy to push richardson but at the same time be a nice project for us to work on.

238: R7P22 TE DREW SAMPLE WASHINGTON TE depth. 

Really don't like the idea of Jones at 7.  I'd reserve that sort of pick for a QB that i'm really sold on.  But our staff may feel different.  And we do have to find a QB somewhere, and it may end up another year where things get stupid to where you have to grab them that high if you want one in the draft.

Coming out of the draft with Metcalf to go along with him would go a nice ways in easing that concern though.

Sanders seems like a reasonable Yeldon replacement.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Really don't like the idea of Jones at 7.  I'd reserve that sort of pick for a QB that i'm really sold on.  But our staff may feel different.  And we do have to find a QB somewhere, and it may end up another year where things get stupid to where you have to grab them that high if you want one in the draft.

Coming out of the draft with Metcalf to go along with him would go a nice ways in easing that concern though.

u have to like dieter and risner. im not sure on the alabama state guy but he cant be worse then josh wells 

17 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Join the club 🤣

7: R1P7 QB KYLER MURRAY OKLAHOMA starting qb
38: R2P6TE TJ HOCKENSON IOWA starting te
69: R3P5 OT DAVID EDWARDSWISCONSIN starting rt
93: R3P29 WR LIL'JORDAN HUMPHREY TEXAS potential starting wr
109: R4P7 RB MILES SANDERS PENN STATE rb depth
180: R6P5 WR GREG DORTCH WAKE FOREST spedster wr
238: R7P22 RB KERRITH WHYTE FAU rb depth. Has played as a kr and is a better pass catcher then his teammate and also averaged more ypc

23 hours ago, LinderFournette said:
238: R7P22 RB KERRITH WHYTE FAU rb depth. Has played as a kr and is a better pass catcher then his teammate and also averaged more ypc

This would be awesome for you guys, but Hockenson is almost a lock to be gone by then. David Edwards might slide into the 1st and is most certainly not making it out of the 2nd IMO. He's my top rated OT. And Greg Dortch is insanely talented. I'd crap my pants if teams waited until the 6th round to take him. He's an ELITE slot WR prospect.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

This would be awesome for you guys, but Hockenson is almost a lock to be gone by then. David Edwards might slide into the 1st and is most certainly not making it out of the 2nd IMO. He's my top rated OT. And Greg Dortch is insanely talented. I'd crap my pants if teams waited until the 6th round to take him. He's an ELITE slot WR prospect.

thats not my board lol. matt miller board and a simulator. 

7: R1P7
QB KYLER MURRAY
OKLAHOMA Starting QB
38: R2P6
TE T.J. HOCKENSON
IOWA Starting TE
69: R3P5
G CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE Starting RG
93: R3P29
WR LIL'JORDAN HUMPHRY
TEXAS Starting WR
109: R4P7
OT TYTUS HOWARD
ALABAMA STATE RT Competition.  former highschool QB turned into a TE at college then moved to OL. clear athletic abilities. 
180: R6P5
EDGE CORBIN KAUFUSI
BYU Potential Campbell replacement. 
238: R7P22
RB KERRITH WHYTE
FLORIDA ATLANTIC RB Depth and KR

OT CODY FORD
OKLAHOMA starting RG/RT
QB DANIEL JONES
DUKE Starting QB
WR ANDY ISABELLA
UMASS Potential Starting WR
CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
PENN STATE future Bouye replacement
109: R4P7
WR PARRIS CAMPBELL
OHIO STATE potential starting wr
180: R6P5
OT ISAIAH PRINCE
OHIO STATE potential starting rt
238: R7P22
RB KERRITH WHYTE
FLORIDA ATLANTIC rb depth

On 14/01/2019 at 8:48 PM, LinderFournette said:

u have to like dieter and risner. im not sure on the alabama state guy but he cant be worse then josh wells 

I don't think i like Risner as much as some people do, but at that point...yeah, that's a great value pick at a need position.

On 16/01/2019 at 11:46 AM, LinderFournette said:

Swap Murray for a different QB and this could be outstanding.  Full of weapons and pieces for the offense that needs them badly.  Really like Lil'Jordan for what they offense needs too.

I'd almost shy away from going two WRs, just based on already having Lee/Dede/Cole/Chark...but it's hard to have any sort of problem with a bit of Marqise Lee insurance with a late round pick like Dortch.

Haven't looked into Whyte at all, but i think the point about getting a returner and change of pace type RB is right on point.  Really can't count on Grant to come back anything like he was after that injury.  That's where a depth WR/RB type could find a big opportunity to make the roster probably.

On 17/01/2019 at 11:19 AM, BleedTheClock said:

That would be disgusting for you guys. He's not even one of the top 3 OG's in this class IMO.

Yeah.  Cody Ford at 7 would kinda suck.  I think if they're drafting him there, it's projecting him more as a RT.  But even then...eeesh.  There's stuff to like there, but not at 7.

I could certainly see it being within the realm of possibility that they go OLine at 7 (especially if they're going the FA Vet sort of route at QB), and wouldn't even be mad at all.  Whether it's a rookie or vet QB under center, gonna need to shore up that OLine either way...and short of getting heathy, the biggest position to do that would be at Tackle, either RT or a LT worth kicking Cam Robinson to RT for.

Frankly though...i don't think Ford is even really the type of OLineman Coughlin, Dave, Marrone would likely target that high.  A big guy with that "SEC resume" like Jonah Williams or Greg Little seem like they'd fit the bill more for a top pick lineman for this Jaguars brass than a Big10 Spread guy.  At least, in my guesstimation.

On 17/01/2019 at 11:21 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah.  @LinderFournette's mocks often tend to feel pretty darn "optimistic" in who falls to where.  xD  But like he said, not his board...just gaming the game i guess.  Gets some interesting names involved that otherwise might kinda be glossed over for the Jaguars.  Like Hockenson who seems pretty likely to be gone somewhere between the Jags 1st and 2nd picks...barring trade situations.

Would never happen but this is my dream draft:

QB DWAYNE HASKINS
OHIO ST.

TE T.J. HOCKENSON
IOWA

OT JAWAAN TAYLOR
FLORIDA

WR DAVID SILLS V