2019 Mock Drafts

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Could be.  Would have to sort that out in camp, but which of Linder/Lindstrom at C/RG is a good problem to have either way.

I mean, i'm probably a bit higher than some people on McGary, but 6th round is legitimately baffling.  :S

With Jacobs, i do think he'd be a more than adequate replacement for Yeldon.  I still just don't really know what exactly seems to set him so far apart from Harris for a lot of people.  Other than DJ's thing that vaulted Jacobs straight into the spotlight.  Like Harris is also has good vision, pass catching ability, and seems stout in pass protection.  A bit higher mileage maybe?  But idk.  Maybe Harris wasn't even available in that mock for all i know.

Harris isn’t going to do much of anything next level he is a solid college running back the kid lacks that explosive burst that you need next level. Jacobs pretty much sat behind Harris similar to how Tribisky sat behind Marquise Williams at UNC. People wondered why if Tribisky was the NFL talent why was Williams starting over him? People didn’t know in a college setting Williams was the clear leader of that squad the team rallied around him. But it’s sort of a similar situation in Ala. Harris worked hard all 4 yrs and was the leader of the RB room but all the scouts know next level that if Jacobs links with a coach that’s going to coach him up and use his talent he could be an impact player if he stays healthy next level. I may start drooling if the Jags draft Jacobs highly doubt it would happen because what we need and where he'll be drafted wouldn't sync up but would love to see him in teal the kid is just a gritty, tough, football player.  

Matt miller big board....

7: R1P7 QB KYLER MURRAY OKLAHOMA starting qb

38: R2P6 WR DK METCALF OLE MISS starting wr

69: R3P5 OT TYTUS HOWARD ALABAMA STATE potential starting rt

94: R3P30 G CHRIS LINDSTROM BOSTON COLLEGE starting rg

109: R4P7 TE ISAAC NAUTA GEORGIA potential starting te

180: R6P5 RB DEVINE OZIGBO NEBRASKA 3rd down back

238: R7P22 RB JAMES WILLIAMS WASHINGTON STATE 3rd down back. 

On 13/02/2019 at 5:22 AM, DuvalsKing said:

Harris isn’t going to do much of anything next level he is a solid college running back the kid lacks that explosive burst that you need next level. Jacobs pretty much sat behind Harris similar to how Tribisky sat behind Marquise Williams at UNC. People wondered why if Tribisky was the NFL talent why was Williams starting over him? People didn’t know in a college setting Williams was the clear leader of that squad the team rallied around him. But it’s sort of a similar situation in Ala. Harris worked hard all 4 yrs and was the leader of the RB room but all the scouts know next level that if Jacobs links with a coach that’s going to coach him up and use his talent he could be an impact player if he stays healthy next level. I may start drooling if the Jags draft Jacobs highly doubt it would happen because what we need and where he'll be drafted wouldn't sync up but would love to see him in teal the kid is just a gritty, tough, football player.  

I don't know about that.  I don't think it was purely a "seniority" thing getting Harris carries.  He might not be a "special" back at the next level, but he's got a lot going for him.  Can do a pretty good job of pretty much everything.

I just have a hard time reconciling this notion that Jacobs is the vastly superior "dynamic, explosive runner"...with the numbers that seem to indicate he's actually got a much much lower percentage of actual "explosive run plays" than Harris on the same team.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Metcalf's injury worries me but if he fell there its because of it

Yeah.  That's the whole catch-22 of it with Metcalf.  If he falls, it'll almost certainly be because of concerns about his injuries.  Or a bum combine because he's way overbulked or something maybe.  But if the medicals look good, i don't see any way he falls to our 2nd.

7: R1P7 QB DWAYNE HASKINS OHIO STATE starting qb
38: R2P6TE T.J. HOCKENSON IOWA between choosing him fant or Neal u cant go wrong. Te won out cuz we got nothing there. 
69: R3P5 G MICHAEL JORDAN OHIO STATE starting g/c
94: R3P30 WR TERRY MCLAURIN OHIO STATE wr depth/st
109: R4P7 OT TYTUS HOWARDALABAMA STATE potential starting rt
180: R6P5 RB RODNEY ANDERSON OKLAHOMA backup Rb
238: R7P22 WR PRESTON WILLIAMS COLORADO STATE day 2 talent that has red flags but weve seen this team gamble on red flag wrs like dede

On 2/20/2019 at 10:39 AM, LinderFournette said:
7: R1P7 QB DWAYNE HASKINS OHIO STATE starting qb
38: R2P6TE T.J. HOCKENSON IOWA between choosing him fant or Neal u cant go wrong. Te won out cuz we got nothing there. 
69: R3P5 G MICHAEL JORDAN OHIO STATE starting g/c
94: R3P30 WR TERRY MCLAURIN OHIO STATE wr depth/st
109: R4P7 OT TYTUS HOWARDALABAMA STATE potential starting rt
180: R6P5 RB RODNEY ANDERSON OKLAHOMA backup Rb
238: R7P22 WR PRESTON WILLIAMS COLORADO STATE day 2 talent that has red flags but weve seen this team gamble on red flag wrs like dede

What did the Giants do before we got Haskins? They take Murray?

10 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Just like when people thought Winston and mariota were cant miss qbs

That doesn’t mean anything especially when the thirst of QB is real when guys like Ponder, Manuel, Tebow, Gabbert, and Bortles are reached for year after year. Somebody is going to get antsy on draft day and give up something astronomical for Kyler Murray. A QB won’t go past the 4th pick without being selected imo.

6 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

That doesn’t mean anything especially when the thirst of QB is real when guys like Ponder, Manuel, Tebow, Gabbert, and Bortles are reached for year after year. Somebody is going to get antsy on draft day and give up something astronomical for Kyler Murray. A QB won’t go past the 4th pick without being selected imo.

crazier things have happened before like ramsey falling to us and jack falling to us.

for reference point that last time a qb wasnt picked top 4 was like 2013 aka Ej manuel.   murrays the true wildcard in terms of placement cuz  on 1 hand hes a good passer and a very good athlete but on the other hand coughlin/Parcells says thats a big negative for him for u. 

On 23/02/2019 at 4:12 PM, LinderFournette said:

crazier things have happened before like ramsey falling to us and jack falling to us.

for reference point that last time a qb wasnt picked top 4 was like 2013 aka Ej manuel.   murrays the true wildcard in terms of placement cuz  on 1 hand hes a good passer and a very good athlete but on the other hand coughlin/Parcells says thats a big negative for him for u. 

Is Ramsey "falling" to us even that crazy?  Especially in retrospect?

All 4 of the guys taken ahead of him have had arguably bigger positive effects on their team's fortunes tbh.

Archived