2019 Mock Drafts

7 Quinnen Williams , IDL Alabama i went with the BPA here.  Williams is a freak and with taylor gone off the board i went with getting us a future star DT

38 Noah Fant, TE Iowa starting te

69 Andy Isabella , WR UMass Potential Starting WR. what he lacks in size(hes 5 foot 9 190) he more then makes up for in speed and quickness. been highly productive and would make a killing as a slot wr i think

98 Connor McGovern, IOL Penn State Starting RG

109 Tytus Howard, OT Alabama State Potential Starting rt and at worse is our swing tackle(god i hate josh wells)

178John Cominsky, EDGE Charleston i picked him as a potential replacement for campbell in  a year or 2.  hes a 6 foot 5 280 pound dude that runs a 4.69 and has decent agility(7.03 3-cone). to me hes an unpolished moldable piece of clay and he needs some work on pass rush but he has thephysical tools to be a good player and i would say a slightly less athletic rashan gary but not as long as well. 

236 Joshua Mile , OT Morgan State this is a developmental prospect that i think Marrone would love. he has some good physical tools(6 foot 5 315 with 35  5/8 inch arms and big hands 10 3/4 and a 36inch vert). his issues on tape are considered coachable and with marrone around i think marrone would love a chance to develop him. 

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

7 Quinnen Williams , IDL Alabama i went with the BPA here.  Williams is a freak and with taylor gone off the board i went with getting us a future star DT

38 Noah Fant, TE Iowa starting te

69 Andy Isabella , WR UMass Potential Starting WR. what he lacks in size(hes 5 foot 9 190) he more then makes up for in speed and quickness. been highly productive and would make a killing as a slot wr i think

98 Connor McGovern, IOL Penn State Starting RG

109 Tytus Howard, OT Alabama State Potential Starting rt and at worse is our swing tackle(god i hate josh wells)

178John Cominsky, EDGE Charleston i picked him as a potential replacement for campbell in  a year or 2.  hes a 6 foot 5 280 pound dude that runs a 4.69 and has decent agility(7.03 3-cone). to me hes an unpolished moldable piece of clay and he needs some work on pass rush but he has thephysical tools to be a good player and i would say a slightly less athletic rashan gary but not as long as well. 

236 Joshua Mile , OT Morgan State this is a developmental prospect that i think Marrone would love. he has some good physical tools(6 foot 5 315 with 35  5/8 inch arms and big hands 10 3/4 and a 36inch vert). his issues on tape are considered coachable and with marrone around i think marrone would love a chance to develop him. 

The Quinnen Williams situation is an interesting one.  I doubt it'll come to that, but if it does...do you just take him even though we need so much help on offense?  It's not like Taven Bryan is a firmly entrenched superstar starter at DT.

The Andy Isabella pick i don't like there.  We already have guys who can work the slot well...and he's pretty much a "slot receiver only" on top of that.  And one who may be quick and fast, but is absolutely tiny, with iffy hands.  One of the more overrated players in the draft imo.  If you pick him up later, fine...but not at the top of the 3rd round.  With the depth of WRs in this draft...think there's pretty much guaranteed to be better fits available.

If anything, i think signing Foles to be our QB for the foreseeable future just emphasizes our need for more receiving targets with length/catch radius and the ability to win those contested catches.  Guys that are gonna be able to sorta "insulate" him and make things easier for him.  Beyond just running speedy crossers all day and hoping they can break it upfield for a few extra yards like we had with Bortles.

Fant is a decent start on that, but i'd lean towards at least a more average-sized receiver there, over a slot-only runt like Isabella.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

The Quinnen Williams situation is an interesting one.  I doubt it'll come to that, but if it does...do you just take him even though we need so much help on offense?  It's not like Taven Bryan is a firmly entrenched superstar starter at DT.

The Andy Isabella pick i don't like there.  We already have guys who can work the slot well...and he's pretty much a "slot receiver only" on top of that.  And one who may be quick and fast, but is absolutely tiny, with iffy hands.  One of the more overrated players in the draft imo.  If you pick him up later, fine...but not at the top of the 3rd round.  With the depth of WRs in this draft...think there's pretty much guaranteed to be better fits available.

If anything, i think signing Foles to be our QB for the foreseeable future just emphasizes our need for more receiving targets with length/catch radius and the ability to win those contested catches.  Guys that are gonna be able to sorta "insulate" him and make things easier for him.  Beyond just running speedy crossers all day and hoping they can break it upfield for a few extra yards like we had with Bortles.

Fant is a decent start on that, but i'd lean towards at least a more average-sized receiver there, over a slot-only runt like Isabella.

ive seen comps to TY hilton so i think he might be able to be that kinda number 1 wr.   foles i think would appreciate having a guy who can create a ton of Yac and isabella is just a great wr. sure his size limits him in certain routes and such but isabella is a playmaker with the ball in his hands.  our offense would do well to have some guys who can create and get mismatches from the slot.  picking a slot wr inearly  round 3 isnt bad as all when ive seen him called the Julio Jones of Slot wrs not mention a good bit of the media think of him as a late 2nd-3rd round guy.  i think we can make use of his abilities very well.   size doesnt matter nearly as much as u think. its very likely we are gonna keep a west coast style pass offense. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png Montez Sweat , EDGE Mississippi State<--future edge rusher. also serves as insurance should we not be able to extend/keep Ngakoue

• 38 db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png Justin Layne , CB Michigan State<--this is a BPA pick to me.  Layne has a physical profile of Ramsey, rhodes, and antonio cromartie. he should thrive in this scheme opposite of ramsey. 

• 69db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png Kahale Warring , TE San Diego State big athletic pass catching te who is well versed in run based offenses. 

• 98db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png Tytus Howard , OT Alabama State Competition for RT

• 109db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png David Montgomery, RB Iowa State Backup RB

• 178db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngPreston Williams , WR Colorado State a good talent who falls cuz of red flags from his time with tennessee. 

• 236db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png Joshua Miles, OTMorgan State athletic project OL who should be a PS canidate or a weekly inactive for the time being. 

• 7db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png Montez Sweat , EDGE Mississippi State athletic productive Pass rusher whos compared to Danielle Hunter.  will improve our nickle Defense with sweat outside with campbell playing inside.  also gives us insurance should we not be able to get ngakoue to extend with us. 

• 38db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png Jeffery Simmons , IDL Mississippi State i really wanted to go with a someone else but i cant pass up adding a top 15 and arguebly a top 10 talent in the draft.  should replace Dareus in year 2. 

• 69db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngKahale Warring, TE San Diego State competion for swaim to start.  his production isnt great due to his lack of experience(hes only played football since a senior in highschool) and played in a run-heavy offense.  has great athletic tools and size to be a well rounded te option. 

• 98db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngTrayveon Williams , RB Texas A&M  a back whom is a bit short but has produced well in the sec and is a good pass blocker so he has value as atleast a change of pace guy. 

• 109db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngConnor McGovern, IOL Penn State with no clear cut backup on the interior line he jumps to the top IOL depth guy while competing with cann for RG

• 178db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngOli Udoh , OT Elon Project RT.  probably needs some development but we need to figure out RT and he could beat out Ogbuehi for the swing tackle role. 

• 236db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngAnthony Johnson, WR Buffalo simply a solid possession wr whom has a lil size but we need talent at wr with lee likely not 100% this year until late. 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Once again i love David Monty

Also while I’m fine with going BPA at 7 even if its on defense, we cant do it back to back and expect our offense to improve much at all. 

You cant expect our defense to get back to a top level without some investment. 

We have no true edge guys to rush besides ngakoue and mccray. Campbell can rush decently outside but i want him inside distrupting qbs. 

Jags need to refill the defense.  Campbell(probably a restructure needed).  Bouye is likely gone.  Dareus gone. Abry jones probably gone.  Telvin smith gone. 

18 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

You cant expect our defense to get back to a top level without some investment. 

We have no true edge guys to rush besides ngakoue and mccray. Campbell can rush decently outside but i want him inside distrupting qbs. 

Jags need to refill the defense.  Campbell(probably a restructure needed).  Bouye is likely gone.  Dareus gone. Abry jones probably gone.  Telvin smith gone. 

Can you expect us to win 7 games this year if we go defense with the 1st 2 picks though? If Foles really is on a 2 year deal will we even try to help him? If not then why sign him and instead draft Haskins 

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Can you expect us to win 7 games this year if we go defense with the 1st 2 picks though? If Foles really is on a 2 year deal will we even try to help him? If not then why sign him and instead draft Haskins 

i can see it.  defense gets back to its playmaking ways and our offense stays relatively healthy yep. only 3 really questionable spots on offense.  Backup RB(i dont trust rawls to stay healthy/make the team and fournette is fragile).  starting RT(we have a 4th round rookie essentially and a 1st round bust competing) and TE(i feel swaim/o'shaughnessy are better suited as 2/3 te then a 1/2 punch. 

TE is deep in the draft.

RB seems like it has value from rounds 2-4.

RT has some good look guys late in the draft with potential(udoh, miles just of the top of my head). 

this wr weakness thing looks a bit overstated to me. theres no clear cut number 1 wr but its a good collective group. 

i think coles will step up and get his hands working again(was sure handed in college).  chark should be a bit more familiar with route running. dede is gonna stay the course. conley supposedly has a connection with foles so we will see.  lee is the biggest variable cuz hes the most proven but im not sure if hes gonna be 100% at the start of the year. 

• 7db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png T.J. Hockenson, TE Iowa Starting TE

• 38db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngJeffery Simmons , IDL Mississippi State potential replacement for Dareus(im unsure if he will be a good NT guy but definitely will upgrade the pass rush). worse case hes an upgrade over bryan. 

• 69db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngJuan Thornhill, S Virginia likely starting FS. would take away the ability of interchagable safeties but thornhill should be a good fit in the cover 3. 

• 98db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngConnor McGovern, IOL Penn State Competiion for cann and potential replacement for linder

• 109db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngDavid Montgomery , RB Iowa State Backup RB.

• 178db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png John Cominsky, EDGECharleston a potential big end while not as athletic as gary is also fairly athletic for his size and maybe can replace campbell in a year or 2.

• 236db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngMartez Ivey, OT Florida potential starting G or T. 

19 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I've been giving @LinderFournette too hard of a time so I thought I'd take a look at a mock too.

I'd post the results but honestly its so farfetched because First-Pick allows ridiculous trades like I traded 1.7 for 1.10, 2.10 and 3.10...who would pay that for a non-QB?

the draft network sim doesnt let trades but i think their big board is fairly good.

• 7db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngDwayne Haskins, QB Ohio State jags did alot of scouting him and while they signed foles they could hedge their bets and draft a potential franchise qb whom they thought might not fall to them. 

• 38db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png Dalton Risner, OT Kansas State competion for RT and RG.  risner should help solidify this OL.  risner could potentially be worked on as a center.  he started his career there and ended up moving to tackle. 

• 69db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngDawson Knox, TE Mississippi highly athletic TE that can block adequately. not much production due to his offense he was in but the dude has the athleticism to be a good pass catcher. 

• 98db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png David Montgomery, RB Iowa State Fournettes backup RB

• 109db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngAnthony Nelson, EDGE Iowa Campbells future replacement?

• 178db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngJoshua Miles, OL Morgan State im calling him an OL and not an OG or an OT. hes a highly athletic raw talent we can mold into a potential backup or starter.

• 236db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.pngDavid Sills V, WR West Virginia just BPA. kinda need a wr with lee likely not working out till later in camp/preseason. 

Archived