2019 Mock Drafts

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

The traits he shows make him that.  The same school just makes it even easier to see.  He may not be quite that bad, but he's got a lot of the same traits and negatives as well.  At best, maybe he's Trubisky.

im pretty sure even gabbert qualifies as an improvement at this point right?

i like locks athleticism and arm strength.  i dislike his accuracy right now and some of the decision making,. i wish we had a QB whisperer as an OC. 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14: Gary, Rashan, DE, Michigan (A-)i didnt see an OL i valued at this pick. i didnt see a qb worth the spot. i dont think we go wr in round 1.  Gary projects as a 3 and 5 tech and would help replace Campbell and jackson. 
Round 2 Pick 14: Adams, Trey, OT, Washington (A) Potential LT but at worse case hes our RT.
Round 3 Pick 13: Jenkins, Elgton, C, Mississippi State (A+) Potential starting RG
Round 4 Pick 14: Deiter, Michael, OT, Wisconsin (A+) Potential Starting RG and OL depth
Round 5 Pick 14: Petite, Tyler, TE, Southern California (A+) TE Depth. i have a feeling we are gonna let James leave in FA leaving a need for a new 2/3 te
Round 6 Pick 14: Gaines, Greg, DT, Washington (A+) short stucky NT to replace dareus. 
Round 7 Pick 28: Davis III, Felton, WR, Michigan State (A+) bigger bodied WR whos intriguing cuz he knows how to use his size effectively and also has some ellusiveness and quickness. 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14: Williams, Jonah, OT, Alabama (A) Starting RT
Round 2 Pick 14: Metcalf, DK, WR, Mississippi (B+) Potential Starting WR. provides size and seperation ability on linear routes. he needs to work on learning the route tree but the size and athleticism makes him a potential number 1. 
Round 3 Pick 13: Burns, Brian, DE, Florida State (A-) backup for Ngakoue. potentially a starting caliber Right end who will win with speed. 
Round 4 Pick 14: Deiter, Michael, OT, Wisconsin (A+) starting G
Round 5 Pick 14: Ivey, Martez, OT, Florida (A+) OL depth. 
Round 6 Pick 14: Montgomery, David, RB, Iowa State (A+) Backup RB
Round 7 Pick 28: Mone, Bryan, DT, Michigan (A+) NT depth. maybe we role with jones and anoku as the active NT

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14: Little, Greg, OT, Mississippi (A) Starting Tackle
Round 2 Pick 14: McGovern, Connor, OG, Penn State (A) Starting G
Round 3 Pick 13: Burns, Brian, DE, Florida State (A-) Future Edge rusher. 
Round 4 Pick 14: Grier, Will, QB, West Virginia (A+) QB of Future?
Round 5 Pick 14: Willis III, Gerald, DT, Miami (FL) (A+) DT depth could be a need with a departure of campbell or jackson
Round 6 Pick 14: Brown, Marquise, WR, Oklahoma (A+) WR Depth. very agile but tremendously undersized(he weighs maybe 160)
Round 7 Pick 28: Davis III, Felton, WR, Michigan State (A+) Bigger bodied wr with good athleticism

12 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14: Little, Greg, OT, Mississippi (A) Starting Tackle
Round 2 Pick 14: McGovern, Connor, OG, Penn State (A) Starting G
Round 3 Pick 13: Burns, Brian, DE, Florida State (A-) Future Edge rusher. 
Round 4 Pick 14: Grier, Will, QB, West Virginia (A+) QB of Future?
Round 5 Pick 14: Willis III, Gerald, DT, Miami (FL) (A+) DT depth could be a need with a departure of campbell or jackson
Round 6 Pick 14: Brown, Marquise, WR, Oklahoma (A+) WR Depth. very agile but tremendously undersized(he weighs maybe 160)
Round 7 Pick 28: Davis III, Felton, WR, Michigan State (A+) Bigger bodied wr with good athleticism

I love this simply because its trenches for the 1st 3 rounds

14: R1P14
QB TYREE JACKSON
BUFFALO QB of the future. needs some polish with accuracy but is a big, mobile qb with a big arm. he has a healthy 2 td to 1 int ratio. 
46: R2P14
TE IRV SMITH
ALABAMA athletic pass catching TE who needs some work on blocking. 
77: R3P13
OT DAVID EDWARDS
WISCONSIN Starting Tackle. 
116: R4P14
C ELGTON JENKINS
MISSISSIPPI STATE Potential Starting G/C
188: R6P14
EDGE CARL GRANDERSON
WYOMING Backup Edge rusher
241: R7P25
WR FELTON DAVIS III
MICHIGAN STATE WR depth. a replacement for Moncrief. 

I was bored.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12 (PHI): Brown, AJ, WR, Mississippi (B)
Round 2 Pick 10: Finley, Ryan, QB, North Carolina State (A)
Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Fant, Noah, TE, Iowa (A-)
Round 3 Pick 9: Hyatt, Mitch, OT, Clemson (A-)
Round 4 Pick 10: Sills V, David, WR, West Virginia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 10: Wrzuszczak, Keith, P, Eastern Kentucky (D+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Lindstrom, Chris, OG, Boston College (B)
Round 7 Pick 20: Holder, Alijah, CB, Stanford (A+)

5th round pick was a throwaway because we don't actually have that pick.

On 21/10/2018 at 6:32 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I love this simply because its trenches for the 1st 3 rounds

Can we afford to go "all trenches" for the 1st 3 rounds?  We have a pretty dire need for skill position playmakers offensively too.  From QB to WR and TE to potentially even RB.

18 hours ago, LinderFournette said:
14: R1P14
QB TYREE JACKSON
BUFFALO QB of the future. needs some polish with accuracy but is a big, mobile qb with a big arm. he has a healthy 2 td to 1 int ratio. 
46: R2P14
TE IRV SMITH
ALABAMA athletic pass catching TE who needs some work on blocking. 
77: R3P13
OT DAVID EDWARDS
WISCONSIN Starting Tackle. 
116: R4P14
C ELGTON JENKINS
MISSISSIPPI STATE Potential Starting G/C
188: R6P14
EDGE CARL GRANDERSON
WYOMING Backup Edge rusher
241: R7P25
WR FELTON DAVIS III
MICHIGAN STATE WR depth. a replacement for Moncrief. 

I really want to like Tyree Jackson, there's big tools and stuff to like there.  But he gives me serious Paxton Lynch vibes.  His process can be so slow, on top of the kinda erratic accuracy and placement.  As a Day 2 pick, i can see some merit.  But you're probably right, in that if he shreds the pre-draft process like he should be built to do...probably would have to spend a 1st to get him ahead of others.

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

I was bored.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12 (PHI): Brown, AJ, WR, Mississippi (B)
Round 2 Pick 10: Finley, Ryan, QB, North Carolina State (A)
Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Fant, Noah, TE, Iowa (A-)
Round 3 Pick 9: Hyatt, Mitch, OT, Clemson (A-)
Round 4 Pick 10: Sills V, David, WR, West Virginia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 10: Wrzuszczak, Keith, P, Eastern Kentucky (D+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Lindstrom, Chris, OG, Boston College (B)
Round 7 Pick 20: Holder, Alijah, CB, Stanford (A+)

5th round pick was a throwaway because we don't actually have that pick.

Where'd the extra 2nd rounder come from?  Not that i wouldn't welcome one, but uh...are you trading down in the 1st or something?  We're going to be picking higher than 12th?  :(

24 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Can we afford to go "all trenches" for the 1st 3 rounds?  We have a pretty dire need for skill position playmakers offensively too.  From QB to WR and TE to potentially even RB.

I really want to like Tyree Jackson, there's big tools and stuff to like there.  But he gives me serious Paxton Lynch vibes.  His process can be so slow, on top of the kinda erratic accuracy and placement.  As a Day 2 pick, i can see some merit.  But you're probably right, in that if he shreds the pre-draft process like he should be built to do...probably would have to spend a 1st to get him ahead of others.

i think we could.  think about this for a minute.  we would be getting Lee and ASJ healthy so wr wouldnt be as huge priority nor te(i wouldnt be mad picking fant or a te relatively early tho).  factor in a healthy Fournette and hyde.  

our OL is one of the worse In Football and some of that comes from our 3rd string left tackle but lets be honest he for a minute.  Parnells play dropped off this season. cann is a FA so essentially a wildcard along with shatley.  i dont trust will richardson at RT because well hes never played there in the regular season and looked meh in the preseason.  

the DE pick was essentially a BPA pick vibe to it similiar to how harrison fell to us.  Burns while underweight is a legit 2nd outside pass rusher and honestly we can have all the pressures in the world but those arent leading to Sacks or turnovers. burns can help get them sacks. 

about jackson i pretty much agree with what you said but honestly unless we completely suck the following season(wasting another year for a chance to maybe get Herbert or Haskins) hes got good upside.  i do think TC and caldwell might like him because he has some escapability and with our oline thats definitely a need. 

Edited by LinderFournette

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Where'd the extra 2nd rounder come from?  Not that i wouldn't welcome one, but uh...are you trading down in the 1st or something?  We're going to be picking higher than 12th?  :(

We’re currently in the 10th slot. I traded back.

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i think we could.  think about this for a minute.  we would be getting Lee and ASJ healthy so wr wouldnt be as huge priority nor te(i wouldnt be mad picking fant or a te relatively early tho).  factor in a healthy Fournette and hyde.  

Getting Lee and ASJ back is nothing. Lee is a slot receiver that gets the production of a middle #2. ASJ is - on his career best season - a middling starting TE. Dede and Cole are a #3 and #4. And Chark is no better than a #5 right now.

Assuming everyone comes back from injury with no issues or hiccups, we still have no #1 WR and we have still have no depth to handle injuries, which is precisely why this season is in the toilet now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

our OL is one of the worse In Football and some of that comes from our 3rd string left tackle but lets be honest he for a minute.  Parnells play dropped off this season. cann is a FA so essentially a wildcard along with shatley.  i dont trust will richardson at RT because well hes never played there in the regular season and looked meh in the preseason.  

the DE pick was essentially a BPA pick vibe to it similiar to how harrison fell to us.  Burns while underweight is a legit 2nd outside pass rusher and honestly we can have all the pressures in the world but those arent leading to Sacks or turnovers. burns can help get them sacks. 

about jackson i pretty much agree with what you said but honestly unless we completely suck the following season(wasting another year for a chance to maybe get Herbert or Haskins) hes got good upside.  i do think TC and caldwell might like him because he has some escapability and with our oline thats definitely a need. 

It's true, we do look like we're going to need some real help in the trenches via the draft.  Particularly when it comes to the bookends on the OLine.  But i don't think we can just afford to say the skill positions aren't a top priority too.  WR isn't going to be fine just getting Lee back.  TE...even before the injury, ASJ wasn't looking like anything special.  RB, you can probably get the sort of guy we'll be looking for with a later pick.  But between that stuff and QB, we need skill position help too.

Ultimately, we're just sorta headed for a situation where we've got more holes to fill than 1-3 round picks to fill them with reasonably expected Day 1 starters.  And we're not going to have the sort of cap space to throw money around on FA fixes either.  While probably losing important depth along what has been our strength on the DLine that will absolutely need to be replaced too.

Not great.