2018 Season BOLD PREDICTIONS thread

MWil23

Make them here, make them bold. Also, no electronic footballs will be awarded for toolbag takes like "Bold prediction, we win at least 1 game".

Here are mine:

*Barring injury, Tyrod Taylor will start all 16 games en route to a 7+ win season

*Josh Gordon will eclipse 1,000 yards

*Myles Garrett will record 10+ sacks

*The first rookie QB to start will be Josh Allen in Buffalo

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Make them here, make them bold. Also, no electronic footballs will be awarded for toolbag takes like "Bold prediction, we win at least 1 game".

Here are mine:

*Barring injury, Tyrod Taylor will start all 16 games en route to a 7+ win season

*Josh Gordon will eclipse 1,000 yards

*Myles Garrett will record 10+ sacks

*The first rookie QB to start will be Josh Allen in Buffalo

I don't even think those are too bold. I think all of those things have a great possibility of occurring. Let's hope.

Mine:

*Caleb Brantley eliminates the need for another DT. Brantley & Ogunjobi become staples of this DL, which is seen as a top 10 unit in the NFL by the year's end.

*Denzel Ward is thrust into the top 5 CB discussion as a rookie.

*Bradley Chubb struggles as a rookie. Shane Ray and/or Shaq Barrett outperform him.

*Sam Darnold struggles after being thrust into a terrible situation too early. (he'll rebound eventually tho)

*The Giants are the worst team in the NFL despite Saquon Barkley's immediate success.

*The Jaguars have the best record in the NFL.

*The Bengals and the Ravens finish the season below the Browns in the standings.

*The Steelers team plane crashes into the side of a mountain.

• Ezekiel Elliott rushes for 2,000 yards
  • Patrick Mahomes takes KC to the playoffs and wins a playoff game
  • Jarvis Landry doesn't break 1,000 yards receiving
  • Jimmy Garoppolo throws for 30 TD's
  • Rashaad Penny wins NFC ROTY
  • Lamar Jackson ends up starting fro Baltimore before year is out
  • Andrew Luck only plays 8 games
  • Jabrill Peppers has big year at SS

Peace!!!

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Another bold prediction:

Marvin Lewis is signed to a 2 year extension in Cincinnati as the Bengals go 7-9 on the season.

Am I close @TheVillain112?

Sadly, yes.  Although Mike Brown might wait another year to do the 2 year extension for Marvin just to get our hopes up a bit again...

Garrett and Ogbah combine for 20+ sacks (12+ for Garrett, 8+ for Ogbah... And this isn't even that bold, in the ten quarters they played together last year they had 6 sacks. A pace for 35+ in a season, obviously unsustainable, but still...)

Royce Freeman wins OROY (not much competition for the starting job in a zone scheme with a solid QB, solid line, and great WR's... He's at 100-1 at Bovada right now for you degenerates)

The Browns are in the top 5 in the league in rushing yards (three capable backs and a running QB, this SHOULD get there easily).

Jarvis Landry, no longer being fed 10+ targets per game, is a solid #2/3 receiver, but loses the shine of being a PPR fantasy darling and is seen as grossly overpaid by the end of the year.

Duke Johnson is on the field the most between him, Chubb, and Hyde (Hyde and Chubb eat into each other's roles).

David Njoku has a top 7 fantasy season and as seen as the next big thing at TE by the end of the season.

Patriots don't make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs

Browns at least quadrple their win total of the last 2 years

Njoku leads TEs in TD catches

Rosen leads rookie QBs in wins

Jets have #1 overall pick

Ravens pick in top 5

Archived