2018 Season BOLD PREDICTIONS thread

MWil23

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bigger bold prediction: Either multiple 1000 yard receivers or multiple 1000 yard running backs?

In today's NFL, I'd say multiple 1,000 yard RBs would be much more difficult/unlikely. Now, two 1,000 total purpose yards at the RB position would be a little more realistic IMO.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In today's NFL, I'd say multiple 1,000 yard RBs would be much more difficult/unlikely. Now, two 1,000 total purpose yards at the RB position would be a little more realistic IMO.

True, the last time that came close to happening was with Arian Foster and Ben Tate and Tate came up just short of 1K, but had a tremendous run game and before that in 09 with Deangelo Williams and Johnathan Stewart. But nevertheless would be a bold prediction

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

True, the last time that came close to happening was with Arian Foster and Ben Tate and Tate came up just short of 1K, but had a tremendous run game. But nevertheless would be a bold prediction

There have been 4 in history:

Csonka and Morris

Bleier and Harris

Mack and Byner

Vick and Dunn (doesn't count as Vick was a QB)

Since it hasn't really happened in 30 years, I'd say that it would be pretty bold, but it would also be very cool.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Csonka and Morris

Bleier and Harris

Mack and Byner

Since it hasn't really happened in 30 years, I'd say that it would be pretty bold, but it would also be very cool.

Stewart and Deangelo Williams 09

12 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm still trying to figure out how in the world Marcus Mariota was better under pressure vs. not being pressured. That's somewhat alarming.

Prolly being rushed forced him to make a quick decision and get rid of the ball. No pressure allowed him to hold onto the ball and possibly miss a window or two by being late. It’s like the idea that some times the hardest catch to make is the wide open one because you start to think instead of reacting

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Prolly being rushed forced him to make a quick decision and get rid of the ball. No pressure allowed him to hold onto the ball and possibly miss a window or two by being late. It’s like the idea that some times the hardest catch to make is the wide open one because you start to think instead of reacting

Plus the system in TEN last year was a bad fit for Mariota's strengths. When things break down (pressure) players tend to revert to what they are good at rather than staying within the system.

28 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Plus the system in TEN last year was a bad fit for Mariota's strengths. When things break down (pressure) players tend to revert to what they are good at rather than staying within the system.

That’s why reacting is better than thinking on the football field

13 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Csonka and Morris

Bleier and Harris

Mack and Byner

I thought that the year the Bengals made it to the Superbowl on the back of that sugar huddle, Icky Woods and James Brooks both had 1000.  I looked it up, James Brooks was close, 931 yards, but didn't quite make it.

4 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Week 1

28-17

Browns

Book it.

Sets the tone for the whole year

Now that is bold, they are our kryptonite. We did keep it pretty close in the opener last year, and that was with kizer, a terrible secondary, and awful wrs. 

And you are right, that would be a huge tone setter!!!

I am dead sure that Todd Haley is going to have a couple of treats left up his sleeve that he will never have shown in the preseason. He would LOVE LOVE LOVE to stick it to the Stools after the way things ended awkwardly last year - and he has the weapons at his disposal to do so.

Archived