2018 Season BOLD PREDICTIONS thread

MWil23

1. Tyrod Taylor has the best statistical season of his career with both Gordon and Landry eclipsing 1000 yards. The media ignores common sense and instead builds a narrative that there Browns are going to be "the same old Browns" if they don't commit but money to Tyrod in an extension because we don't know what we have in Mayfield and that Tyrod is a bird in the hand.

2. Denzel Ward is DROTY.

3. Darnold looks like garbage. Half of the threads in the forum become apologist threads about a player but even on our team.

4. Rosen takes over for an injured Bradford. He looks good right away. Draft analysts, even though Baker plays no meaningful time, state that Rosen was the best QB in the draft and that the Browns need to see what they have in Baker, even though Taylor is playing well.

5. Bradley Chubb looks like a 2nd/3rd round prospect. Still no one credits the Browns for making the right choice. 

6. Hue eventually makes an incredibly poor showing off the lake jump to the point that we all wish he hadn't done it. We forget about the terrible coaching and associate Hue Jackson mostly with his scum-bag dodging of his commitment.

7. Garrett strip sacks Darnold and it is a thing of beauty. Tayne changes his avy to a freeze frame of the event.

8. Tayne gets surlier from all the endless forum negativity that he ends up blocking a quarter of the forum by mid-season.

9. Tayne achieves enlightenment.

10. @shoffma1999 is voted Browns forum rookie poster of the year.

11. @MistaBohmbastic moves to the west coast to form a Cleveland Browns super band with Tayne. MistaBohmbastic tries his best to get bang tents under the stage.

12. @Bonanza23 continues to hang onto @DizzyDean's every word.

13. @DizzyDean is right about the quarterbacks yet again, but no one acknowledges him save one, but Dizzy continues to push him away because that's all he knows to do.

14. Hubbard ends up looking like a franchise right tackle in his first year here.

15. By the end of the year, the majority of fans trust Dorsey.

1. Tyrod Taylor, Jarvis Landry, David Njoku, and Myles Garrett all make the Pro Bowl.

2. We just barely miss the playoffs at 9-7.

3. We finally win a home opener.

4. Myles Garrett sacks and injures Ben Roethlisberger, yay, but sadly Mason Rudolph proves to be a viable long-term replacement.

5. Rashaad Penny (Seattle) wins Rookie of the Year.

6. The LA Rams win the SuperBowl (This is a total shot in the dark, but crazy crap like this happens).

7. Baltimore finishes last in the division.

8. Sam Darnold has a rough rookie year after being forced to start too early due to McCown injury and Bridgewater not being physically ready.

9. Harold Landry wins Defensive Rookie of the Year.

10. Jacksonville falters and misses the playoffs.

24 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

1. Tyrod Taylor has the best statistical season of his career with both Gordon and Landry eclipsing 1000 yards. The media ignores common sense and instead builds a narrative that there Browns are going to be "the same old Browns" if they don't commit but money to Tyrod in an extension because we don't know what we have in Mayfield and that Tyrod is a bird in the hand.

2. Denzel Ward is DROTY.

3. Darnold looks like garbage. Half of the threads in the forum become apologist threads about a player but even on our team.

4. Rosen takes over for an injured Bradford. He looks good right away. Draft analysts, even though Baker plays no meaningful time, state that Rosen was the best QB in the draft and that the Browns need to see what they have in Baker, even though Taylor is playing well.

5. Bradley Chubb looks like a 2nd/3rd round prospect. Still no one credits the Browns for making the right choice. 

6. Hue eventually makes an incredibly poor showing off the lake jump to the point that we all wish he hadn't done it. We forget about the terrible coaching and associate Hue Jackson mostly with his scum-bag dodging of his commitment.

7. Garrett strip sacks Darnold and it is a thing of beauty. Tayne changes his avy to a freeze frame of the event.

8. Tayne gets surlier from all the endless forum negativity that he ends up blocking a quarter of the forum by mid-season.

9. Tayne achieves enlightenment.

10. @shoffma1999 is voted Browns forum rookie poster of the year.

11. @MistaBohmbastic moves to the west coast to form a Cleveland Browns super band with Tayne. MistaBohmbastic tries his best to get bang tents under the stage.

12. @Bonanza23 continues to hang onto @DizzyDean's every word.

13. @DizzyDean is right about the quarterbacks yet again, but no one acknowledges him save one, but Dizzy continues to push him away because that's all he knows to do.

14. Hubbard ends up looking like a franchise right tackle in his first year here.

15. By the end of the year, the majority of fans trust Dorsey.

Whoever taught you how to “@“ needs to be shot. 

I miss #apatheticTayne

4 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Mayfield grows another half inch by training camp. 

Also Mayfield's hands mysteriously grow another 1/2 inch, Just like they did between the combine and the visit with the Browns lol. 

I predict that the Browns have a top 5 defense in 2018. 

I predict the Browns win 7 games. 

I predict Josh Gordon plays all 16 games and has 1200 receiving. 

Here is bold

1) Corey Coleman stays mostly healthy (plays at least 14 games), he almost cracks 1,000(say 950) as a #3 option, browns pick up his fifth year option in the off-season. 

2) Nick Chubb leads the Brown's in rushing

3) peppers is a pro bowl alternate after moving to his more natural SS position.

4) the secondary will triple their interceptions from  last season. 

How about vagueness, I predict a good year, in which the Browns are competitive and fun to watch, and win some games?

Now for specifics, a great year for Tyrod.  We will still not resign him, which will bring fire and fury from the Mayfield haters.

Our 3 headed monster at RB will be effective, very effective, we will run the ball.

Special teams makes a jump with Cribbs on board and Jannis returning and playing gunner.

Gordon does not match the year that he had in 2013, but it won't be because he is a much worse player, but because he will have to share with Landry, Calloway, Duke, Njoku, and Coleman.   Taylor will be able to spread the ball around and Gordon won't be the only guy out there with a pulse to throw to.

Our run D will miss Danny Shelton, but our D as a whole will be greatly improved with a healthy Garrett and Ogbah and a rebuilt secondary.

Peppers will be a stud and fan favorite.

Our sweeping changes pay off with 8 wins, as we improve across the board, Haley's playcalling will be superb, our OLine will hold up just fine without big Joe, and we have lots of weapons now, and a QB that can actually manage the offense and get the ball to them.  Our D will be much better with a decent secondary, and a great outside pass rush, but take a step back against the run.  However, that won't be very noticeable if at all on the stat sheet due to our D not being on the field nearly as much.

My bold prediction is that we are a major let down in the eyes of the Cleveland faithful. We are still a year away from doing all these exciting things that are being posted in here. We have some nice pieces but nothing like Jacksonville's defense heading into last year. I think we will be a hot team and the trending breakout pick going into 2019 but I am seeing 5-11 for next year.

55 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

My bold prediction is that we are a major let down in the eyes of the Cleveland faithful. We are still a year away from doing all these exciting things that are being posted in here. We have some nice pieces but nothing like Jacksonville's defense heading into last year. I think we will be a hot team and the trending breakout pick going into 2019 but I am seeing 5-11 for next year.

5-11 is a reasonable prediction for next year, not bold. The bold predictions are the ones saying 9-7. This thread probably doesn't actually represent what people think we will do as much as taking it a little further than what is reasonable to make it bold.

Bold would be 8 wins or more. Or probably 1 win or less. 2-7 is probably the realistic spot even though we should get a lot more than 2 wins. We should have had a couple at least last year. Until we prove we can do it, a winning record is pretty bold. I will say we get 0 wins again just to be bold.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Jags are legit super bowl contenders.  Lol no one is comparing the Browns to them.

Archived