2018 Season BOLD PREDICTIONS thread

MWil23

14 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Jags are legit super bowl contenders.  Lol no one is comparing the Browns to them.

And no one thought that about Jacksonville going into last season and no one was predicting a Top 5 defense. The way Browns fans are talking they are comparing us to the 16 into 17 Jaguars. I am saying its not going to happen the same way Jacksonville made the quick extreme improvement.

14 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

5-11 is a reasonable prediction for next year, not bold. The bold predictions are the ones saying 9-7. This thread probably doesn't actually represent what people think we will do as much as taking it a little further than what is reasonable to make it bold.

Bold would be 8 wins or more. Or probably 1 win or less. 2-7 is probably the realistic spot even though we should get a lot more than 2 wins. We should have had a couple at least last year. Until we prove we can do it, a winning record is pretty bold. I will say we get 0 wins again just to be bold.

Maybe he record is not bold. I believe it is more in line with reality as well. I more so meant bold in that I am going completely against the grain of the fan bases excitement right now. 

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

And no one thought that about Jacksonville going into last season and no one was predicting a Top 5 defense. The way Browns fans are talking they are comparing us to the 16 into 17 Jaguars. I am saying its not going to happen the same way Jacksonville made the quick extreme improvement.

I think our turn around will be extreme.  I predict 8 and 8.  It’s not ground breaking, until you consider its 16 times more wins than we have averaged over the last 2 years.  It’s likely never been done before.

37 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Maybe he record is not bold. I believe it is more in line with reality as well. I more so meant bold in that I am going completely against the grain of the fan bases excitement right now. 

Yeah I get it. That excitement is pretty bold so you are vanilla like me. I see a tough schedule and probably 4 wins. I honestly think Mayfield taking camp and preseason by storm is our best chance to challenge 8-8 but even that is a lot to ask for a hot shot rookie on a team that hasn't been able to figure out how to win at all yet. Still, Taylor probably gets us 4 or 5 wins even though our talent should probably have us closer to 7. It takes awhile to get confident, especially in the hole we have been in.

On 5/4/2018 at 1:44 PM, NudeTayne said:

1. Tyrod Taylor has the best statistical season of his career with both Gordon and Landry eclipsing 1000 yards. The media ignores common sense and instead builds a narrative that there Browns are going to be "the same old Browns" if they don't commit but money to Tyrod in an extension because we don't know what we have in Mayfield and that Tyrod is a bird in the hand.

Lol already got one right before the season started ?:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/06/browns-struggle-to-find-the-right-balance-between-veteran-and-rookie-quarterback/amp/

"

What if Taylor does indeed lead the organization to winning? It’s a question posed Saturday on Twitter by former NFL receiver Andrew Hawkins, who spent three years with the Browns and now has a budding media career: What happens if Tyrod Taylor takes a team that has won one game in two years to the playoffs?

Taylor becomes a free agent in 2019. Can the Browns afford to let him walk away if he ends a 16-year postseason drought? Would they sign him to a long-term deal, paying him starter money?"

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/06/browns-struggle-to-find-the-right-balance-between-veteran-and-rookie-quarterback/amp/

"

What if Taylor does indeed lead the organization to winning? It’s a question posed Saturday on Twitter by former NFL receiver Andrew Hawkins, who spent three years with the Browns and now has a budding media career: What happens if Tyrod Taylor takes a team that has won one game in two years to the playoffs?

Taylor becomes a free agent in 2019. Can the Browns afford to let him walk away if he ends a 16-year postseason drought? Would they sign him to a long-term deal, paying him starter money?"

I'll consider that a good problem to have. But I'll be shocked if we somehow made the playoffs this year. I think even seven wins would be surprising.

16 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

"

I think he still walks like Alex Smith was let go this year.

19 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

That would be crazy imo if he was able to get us to playoffs. Just from the sheer turn around of it would be amazing for any QB no matter how much the roster was changed. Tyrod would at the very least deserve a franchise tag from us at that point (yeah the white whale, Browns using a franchise tag lol). At least another year while we have the cap space but I admittedly don't know who's gonna need to be resigned next year so I don't know the specifics. 

7 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

So then you're saying we'll have Tyrod under contract next year and trade him for a third rounder plus a very good young player? Sign me up!

45 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

So then you're saying we'll have Tyrod under contract next year and trade him for a third rounder plus a very good young player? Sign me up!

No, I am saying that he will not be retained after having a very good year, in favor of a round 1 rookie from the previous year.  I don't think he is resigned, he walks, and we end up with a pretty nice compensatory pick for him the year after.

This will upset you guys, but I predict we let Duke walk and he signs with Jacksonville in the offseason. He’s going to want too much as a 3rd down back.

I also predict we trade for either Fowler or Shane Ray.

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This will upset you guys, but I predict we let Duke walk and he signs with Jacksonville in the offseason. He’s going to want too much as a 3rd down back.

I also predict we trade for either Fowler or Shane Ray.

Solid predictions. A 3rd for either would be good.

Archived