2018 Season BOLD PREDICTIONS thread

MWil23

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They got lucky.

That alone should rule us out for any kind of fluky season, we don’t get lucky.

Hey man it’s the law of averages. All this bad crap has to start swing our way eventually, so why not this season!!!

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Hey man it’s the law of averages. All this bad crap has to start swing our way eventually, so why not this season!!!

It should work that way, be we defy all laws of averages.

People clown the Bengals because of their ineptitude in the 90’s and early 00’s, we’ve been awful literally twice as long as they were ?

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It should work that way, be we defy all laws of averages.

People clown the Bengals because of their ineptitude in the 90’s and early 00’s, we’ve been awful literally twice as long as they were ?

So hopefully out success should be twice as productive. It means we will actually win a playoff game maybe lol

We start out 0-5, Hue Jackson gets fired.  We finish the rest of the season 5-6 for a 5-11 season under interim coach Todd Haley.  Myles Garrett is top 5 in sacks with 13.5.  Denzel Ward gets consideration for defensive rookie of the year with 6 interceptions.

Ok here is an out there bold prediction (it could happen), Tyrod had 4000 plus passing yards and we do not have a 1000 yard WR.

Gordon 850

Landry 750

Njoku 650

Duke 400

Devalve 300

Calloway 600

Coleman 500

Chubb 200

Hyde 200

Total 4450 yards

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Ok here is an out there bold prediction (it could happen), Tyrod had 4000 plus passing yards and we do not have a 1000 yard WR.

Gordon 850

Landry 750

Njoku 650

Duke 400

Devalve 300

Calloway 600

Coleman 500

Chubb 200

Hyde 200

Total 4450 yards

I really like the idea, but either landry or Gordon ( if head isn't up his @#$&) one of those guys will break 1k. You can't double or roll coverage. Teams will have to pick their poison. And if Gordon is 90% of what he was with those scrubs at qb a few years ago then all bets are off. Has bill bellicheck been roasted for 200 since Gordon? 

1 hour ago, Keylargobrownie said:

I really like the idea, but either landry or Gordon ( if head isn't up his @#$&) one of those guys will break 1k. You can't double or roll coverage. Teams will have to pick their poison. And if Gordon is 90% of what he was with those scrubs at qb a few years ago then all bets are off. Has bill bellicheck been roasted for 200 since Gordon? 

Honestly, I think so too, I was just thinking how fun that offense would be to watch.  So many weapons that they can't really scheme to take away everyone, so Taylor can just pick them apart no matter what they do.  Find the open option quick and hit it.

8 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Honestly, I think so too, I was just thinking how fun that offense would be to watch.  So many weapons that they can't really scheme to take away everyone, so Taylor can just pick them apart no matter what they do.  Find the open option quick and hit it.

Agreed, on paper we have more weapons that at any time since '99. The keys will be 1)njoku it's his second year, he's an athletic freak with gronk like skills, does he put it all together this year or his 3rd year. 2) Coleman, I know a lot of posters are down on him, but his injuries weren't his legs so all that explosiveness is still there. I always go back to that game against Baltimore his rookie year where he and mccown had us up 20-0 on the Ravens. He looked like a game breaker, now he'll have Landry, Gordon, and njoku to take off the pressure (and coverage) he's going to get a lot of single coverage and he'll make some big plays. 

This offense should be the polar opposite of last season, it should be fun to watch. 

3 hours ago, Keylargobrownie said:

Agreed, on paper we have more weapons that at any time since '99. The keys will be 1)njoku it's his second year, he's an athletic freak with gronk like skills, does he put it all together this year or his 3rd year. 2) Coleman, I know a lot of posters are down on him, but his injuries weren't his legs so all that explosiveness is still there. I always go back to that game against Baltimore his rookie year where he and mccown had us up 20-0 on the Ravens. He looked like a game breaker, now he'll have Landry, Gordon, and njoku to take off the pressure (and coverage) he's going to get a lot of single coverage and he'll make some big plays. 

This offense should be the polar opposite of last season, it should be fun to watch. 

Agree about Coleman, he is gonna be a completely different player being the #3 or #4 apposed to being the #1. Secondaries are going to leave him open cause they also have to worry about Flash, Juice, and Njoku where most of his career he has been the #1 target for CB's to focus on. He might be really good with this new role imo. 

Man I can not wait to see this team play. It actually looks like we have an NFL team on paper now.....

Bold prediction is that Corey Coleman has a very good year. With that being said, a very good year for him, as the #3 guy would be around 600-800 yards and 6-7 touchdowns. Corey, as far as his football life goes hit rock bottom this last yaer but things are looking up at the right time for him and the offense. Gordon and Landry are pretty set as the 1-2 and Callaway will seriously push to be the #3 but I think he proves worthy as a home run hitter along with Callaway. Might not ever live to the pick we drafted him but he is going to play well this year.

38 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Man I can not wait to see this team play. It actually looks like we have an NFL team on paper now.....

Bold prediction is that Corey Coleman has a very good year. With that being said, a very good year for him, as the #3 guy would be around 600-800 yards and 6-7 touchdowns. Corey, as far as his football life goes hit rock bottom this last yaer but things are looking up at the right time for him and the offense. Gordon and Landry are pretty set as the 1-2 and Callaway will seriously push to be the #3 but I think he proves worthy as a home run hitter along with Callaway. Might not ever live to the pick we drafted him but he is going to play well this year.

Coleman either goes one of two ways. He breaks out and is an integral part of the offense. 

Or, he’s meh and stops getting significant PT altogether, and gets passed up by Calloway and/or 2 TE substitute formations. 

It’s make or break year. If he’s not producing, and they decide against picking up his 5th year option in advance, they are going to give looks to guys that they see in their future plans, potentially. 

I’m hoping he breaks out, and that’s the road this one goes. I think both options are equally likely.

14 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Coleman either goes one of two ways. He breaks out and is an integral part of the offense. 

Or, he’s meh and stops getting significant PT altogether, and gets passed up by Calloway and/or 2 TE substitute formations. 

It’s make or break year. If he’s not producing, and they decide against picking up his 5th year option in advance, they are going to give looks to guys that they see in their future plans, potentially. 

I’m hoping he breaks out, and that’s the road this one goes. I think both options are equally likely.

Or he is traded.  That still would not surprise me at all.

Record 9-7 

Chubb goes for 1,000

Gordon over 1,200 

Landry 112 receptions 

Njuko 10 TDS 

Peppers,Callaway, and Berry Combine for 6 KR/PR

Baker starts week 4 after a 1-3 start 

Haley and Hue get into atleast 3 shouting matches on the sideline 

Haley and Gregg get into 12 

Garrett,Kirksey,Gordon,Njuko, and Landry make the Probowl 

Ward gets in the Top 5 for DROY 

Chubb gets Top 3 for OROY 

Hue even with a 9-7 record mutual Agree to part ways. Haley and G-Will stay. Toub become are new HC. 

Wolf gets a GM job somewhere 

Bold cotton Bold 

Archived