Watson and Kamara

Pool

29 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I like Watson, but I would absolutely take Tru first. Watson's performances were impressive, but what do you think his statline would have been if he and Tru were swapped last year? They had far superior coaching, far superior talent around him, and the playcalling actually worked to his strengths instead of against him.

i think this year we will get a much better grasp of both of their skillsets. I kinda expect Watson to have a Prescott-like dropoff his second year.

I doubt Watson has much of a drop-off, but we'll see how healthy he is. (I'm rooting for him, though.) Trubisky was always a guy that was described as needing a year to sit, and a lot of folks kind of forget that. He did really well, all things considered. 

5 hours ago, G08 said:

I mean Jesus, Loggains in the headset against Baltimore had to tell Mitch "Hey this is 3rd and long in OT, if you need to make a play here make it" and then sure enough the kid does this:

That's an amazing play. The kind of thing that gets a fan to his or her feet. Hope there's a lot of that sort of thing ahead--and I bet there is...

I looooooooved Watson as a prospect but there is a lot of RGIII potential to his game in that he takes a beating when he’s on the move. If he was our QB the INTs would bother me for sure but would also worry me less because he makes so many plays. He’s got special talent. To me, if he can become more of a Russell Wilson type runner where he gets his yards and does it while avoiding big hits then he can take that to even another level. 

All of that said, I think Mitch has HUGE potential with the position we’ve put him in right now. It doesn’t have to be he or Watson - both can be great, and comparing 2017 Watson to 2017 Trubisky isn’t an apples to apples comparison anyway. One was far more experienced coming in being put in an offense tailored to his skill set surrounded by a bunch of playmakers, and the other was Mitch. This QB comparison IMO is one to be revisited in 5 years, 10 years and after both are done playing. 

17 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Watson vs. Trubisky is a useless argument because everybody’s mind is already made up.

You're right for now, but everybodys mind was made up on Goff/Wentz too.  I thought last year the big 4 QBs all had the talent to be special, and I liked Watson best.  As I said in another thread though, the best ability is abailability and Watson has to prove he can make it thru a full season.  Tru already has.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, soulman said:

No.  Trubisky was the only QB in the 2017 I felt was the right fit in Chicago.  As for Kamara we drafted Cohen and I have a feeling we haven't seen even half of what he's capable of.

Yeah, something tells me if Cohen had the Saints' outside weapons + their established offensive system, he would have been right up there with Kamara.

23 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, something tells me if Cohen had the Saints' outside weapons + their established offensive system, he would have been right up there with Kamara.

Fox's inability to use all of what Cohen could do and have more plays designed to take advantage of that was just one part of his downfall.  Even if he wasn't the primary receiver or ball carrier teams still had to adapt to his being out there if only as a decoy or second or third option.  You don't want to give him too much space just in case he did get the ball or he could make any defense look foolish.

I can recall Fox being questioned several times about why Cohen wasn't used more in the red zone and goal line packages and his poor reasoning behind that.  Even our opponents were saying they were relieved by it since it took a huge element of unpredictability out of the picture.  Fox had weapons he refused to use.  Nagy won't make that same mistake.  Cohen is like his Red Ryder air rifle on Christmas morning.  LOL

6 hours ago, soulman said:

Fox's inability to use all of what Cohen could do and have more plays designed to take advantage of that was just one part of his downfall.  Even if he wasn't the primary receiver or ball carrier teams still had to adapt to his being out there if only as a decoy or second or third option.  You don't want to give him too much space just in case he did get the ball or he could make any defense look foolish.

I can recall Fox being questioned several times about why Cohen wasn't used more in the red zone and goal line packages and his poor reasoning behind that.  Even our opponents were saying they were relieved by it since it took a huge element of unpredictability out of the picture.  Fox had weapons he refused to use.  Nagy won't make that same mistake.  Cohen is like his Red Ryder air rifle on Christmas morning.  LOL

Fox didn’t use him in the hurry up offense while giving reps to Cunningham at RB and Bellamy at WR. Words to describe the egregiousness of this quite simply do not exist. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Fox didn’t use him in the hurry up offense while giving reps to Cunningham at RB and Bellamy at WR. Words to describe the egregiousness of this quite simply do not exist. 

Please don't forget: Loggains was pulling/told to pull Cohen at times, because he was being double teamed.

The above sentence refers to a thing that really happened

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Please don't forget: Loggains was pulling/told to pull Cohen at times, because he was being double teamed.

The above sentence refers to a thing that really happened

After Loggains said he was the best offensive weapon we had too. Then he played like 15 snaps or something stupid.

14 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Cohen catches a bomb from Trubisky on a post route in week 7.

Never saw anything like that play again.

You didn't hear it from me but he caught a 65 yard TD in OTAs.

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

With Nagy using Hill so much in KC, this kind of **** is exactly why I predicted Cohen to be #2 on the team in catches.

Cohen and Gabriel ripping the top off defenses and getting safeties put over the top of them, Allen Robinson is going to have a ******* field day.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Cohen and Gabriel ripping the top off defenses and getting safeties put over the top of them, Allen Robinson is going to have a ******* field day.

Man I hope so. As long as the offense is producing and Tru is staying upright, I don't care if Robinson is force-fed the ball like Brown or Hopkins is. Get yards, get TDs, and don't turn the ball over.

Archived