Sign in to follow this  
Pool

Watson and Kamara

29 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I like Watson, but I would absolutely take Tru first. Watson's performances were impressive, but what do you think his statline would have been if he and Tru were swapped last year? They had far superior coaching, far superior talent around him, and the playcalling actually worked to his strengths instead of against him.

i think this year we will get a much better grasp of both of their skillsets. I kinda expect Watson to have a Prescott-like dropoff his second year.

I doubt Watson has much of a drop-off, but we'll see how healthy he is. (I'm rooting for him, though.) Trubisky was always a guy that was described as needing a year to sit, and a lot of folks kind of forget that. He did really well, all things considered. 

5 hours ago, G08 said:

I mean Jesus, Loggains in the headset against Baltimore had to tell Mitch "Hey this is 3rd and long in OT, if you need to make a play here make it" and then sure enough the kid does this:

That's an amazing play. The kind of thing that gets a fan to his or her feet. Hope there's a lot of that sort of thing ahead--and I bet there is...

I looooooooved Watson as a prospect but there is a lot of RGIII potential to his game in that he takes a beating when he’s on the move. If he was our QB the INTs would bother me for sure but would also worry me less because he makes so many plays. He’s got special talent. To me, if he can become more of a Russell Wilson type runner where he gets his yards and does it while avoiding big hits then he can take that to even another level. 

All of that said, I think Mitch has HUGE potential with the position we’ve put him in right now. It doesn’t have to be he or Watson - both can be great, and comparing 2017 Watson to 2017 Trubisky isn’t an apples to apples comparison anyway. One was far more experienced coming in being put in an offense tailored to his skill set surrounded by a bunch of playmakers, and the other was Mitch. This QB comparison IMO is one to be revisited in 5 years, 10 years and after both are done playing. 

Watson vs. Trubisky is a useless argument because everybody’s mind is already made up.

17 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Watson vs. Trubisky is a useless argument because everybody’s mind is already made up.

You're right for now, but everybodys mind was made up on Goff/Wentz too.  I thought last year the big 4 QBs all had the talent to be special, and I liked Watson best.  As I said in another thread though, the best ability is abailability and Watson has to prove he can make it thru a full season.  Tru already has.

No.  Trubisky was the only QB in the 2017 I felt was the right fit in Chicago.  As for Kamara we drafted Cohen and I have a feeling we haven't seen even half of what he's capable of.