Jagaurs new uniform analysis and discussion

Dboi2001

So a few weeks ago the jags revealed their new simplified look. I decided to wait a while to let the new look grow on me and see it in person. Now I was in the minority that I really liked our old uniforms. Sure they were a bit busy but I thought they were good in concept just very tough execution and was hoping to build off that. Especially since Khan and TC talked about tradition but these just don’t look anything traditional for the jags. Anyway onto the discussion of the uniforms 

Helmet: hands down the best part of the set and maybe the best helmet in the league they went back to a simple gloss black with the logo. No gimmicky two tone helmets just a simple black helmet. I know many people wanted a satin/matte black helmet but honestly the glossy helmet looks way better. And I love the teal JAX on the crown. My only criticisms is that the Jaguar logo is miscolored for some reason having the darker gold on top though not sure if that was intention or lighting and the teal number stickers on the back are kind of hard to see. Another point which isn’t really the helmet’s fault but it look very out of place with the minimal design of the rest of the set especially with a very detailed logo 

Jersey: now again I know I’m in the minority but I felt the old jerseys had a great solid foundation but was kind of busy. If they removed the reflective designs on the sleeves, added a design to the sleeves (preferably an updated crawling jaguar), make teal the primary and maybe move the JAGS patch elsewhere (again didn’t mind it but I know many hated it) and you’d have a great look. But they decided to make it as simplistic as possible. This honestly feels like such a knee jerk reaction to the previous set and went form one extreme to another. First they heavily marketed the teal yet now the white and black jerseys have even LESS teal than their previous set. Next the entire thing is just bare bones. The sleeves had no designs besides these weird colored cuffs (though they look surprisingly better on loose sleeves) and the tiny jaguar head on the heart which looks awkward. I know people hate patches on jerseys but I like them mostly but here it doesn’t work because the logo isn’t circular. They changed the numbers slightly to be more standard which disappoints me because the old font was really great and the new one just looks very dull. I also can’t lie the 2’s and 5’s look weird to me and font fit the other numbers which when most of your important players are wearing those numbers it’s a problem. I also feel having no colored trim was a mistake since the white numbers on teal looks super washed. I’ve seen people complain black numbers looked too muddy on teal but honestly the white numbers with trim look washed out. It’s also weird how the numbers have bezels on them but their the color of the jersey. It’s nice on the white jersey but on black and teal they are slightly lighter colored. The black jerseys are actually my favorite since I feel the teal cuffs and white numbers work the best here. As I said the white numbers feel washed out in the teal and the white has literally no color in them. It really disappoints me they removed the gold as it worked great as a trim and our worst uniform set was the Reebok ones that hadn’t no gold. Again I don’t get how these are traditional for the jagaurs when they use to have gold trim. Overall there just isn’t much to talk about the jerseys they fine for what they are but they’re not without their quirks

Pants: there’s nothing to see here. It’s just a solid color which I feel is a huge mistake. Even a logo on the hip or sides would make it look much better 

so overall as a jags fan I give them a ‘Meh’. It feels very colliegate and was kind of a missed opportunity. I feel the biggest issue is the jags won’t embrace their identity like what other teams do. They should embrace the teal and gold, exotic animal theme and being a subtropical team. Using black in Florida is so backwards and makes no sense. I do think they’ll add on to them in the coming years maybe add some gold trim and rework the cuffs. But overall they could’ve been better especially after what Miami revealed. I really want them to simply make an updated version of their classic look

jags-01-08-teal-iconsmi-620x620.jpg

22 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Why?

Because it’s hot. It’s VERY hot especially early on in the year. Pretty much all the southern teams that don’t play in a dome wear their white uniforms for the first half of the season (Dallas only does it because of how iconic they are but they use to play in an outdoor field)

when black was alternates they were used for prime time games at night when it was cooler. Wearing black in the sunlight turns you into a skillet

13 minutes ago, Dboi2001 said:

Wearing black in the sunlight turns you into a skillet

Nope. This isn’t true.

Black absorbs heat from the sun, yes. But it also absorbs the heat from your body. White, on the other, hand reflects your body heat back onto your body. Due to this, just standing around, black actually keeps a person slightly cooler than white does.

Also, black also does a significant better job of dispersing heat on the fabric. As long as there is at least 2mph of air resistence (walking speed is over 3mph and the fans blow at well over 10mph), black actually keeps a body significantly cooler than white does. 

10 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Nope. This isn’t true.

Black absorbs heat from the sun, yes. But it also absorbs the heat from your body. White, on the other, hand reflects your body heat back onto your body. Due to this, just standing around, black actually keeps a person slightly cooler than white does.

Also, black also does a significant better job of dispersing heat on the fabric. As long as there is at least 2mph of air resistence (walking speed is over 3mph and the fans blow at well over 10mph), black actually keeps a body significantly cooler than white does. 

Well I’ve lived in Florida for a long time and black is one of favorite colors and I can assure you this isn’t true

even then teal is jsut is much more iconic for the jagaurs and it just feels like they switched to black becuase black jerseys sell more and let’s them hype up games where we wear teal

EDIT: Also because black absorbs light it heats up to making it hotter

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:
7 minutes ago, Dboi2001 said:

Well I’ve lived in Florida for a long time and black is one of favorite colors and I can assure you this isn’t true

You’re welcome to believe that. But I’ll go ahead and believe the physicists who have actual data on the matter.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/5903956/the-physics-that-explain-why-you-should-wear-black-this-summer

tEOdU4t.jpg

Archived