Do we already have a forum mod here?

KC_Guy

Your forum mods have been AWOL for a while.  We will look to add a new moderator in here soon after the forum transition.  If you need anything, contact a Global moderator (@iPwn, @MrDrew, @The LBC).

I'm really hoping that the new forum update and a new moderator will revive the Chiefs forum.  We still have a lot of Chiefs fans lurking around and posting in other forums.   We need to get them back in here.  Everyone should feel free to start new topics and get the discussions going. 

10 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Are you going to keep (and exercise) your mod function or will you surrender it to someone else?
We need to move on and get something going here! 

The good news with all these new great features, the best way to create activity is to be active yourself.  You don't need a mod to do so.  Starting creating topics, replying to each other posters, and in general talk Chiefs football.  If forum issues come up, contact one of the globals and they'll take care of the issue.  Otherwise, just talk and the activity will come.

Use the "like" (football) feature to like each other posts, use the mentions feature to call back your fellow Chiefs' posters, and when you quote someone they'll get a notification if they haven't changed their settings.

Ok, I'll change my settings,I don't want those auto-notifications, sorry.

That said - guess we need to reset the Chiefs forum a bit and one of the first things to do is to figure out whether those who used to have official standing are still willing to do so.
After that well have to go out and revive some of the old ones ... or get an infusion of fresh blood.

On 8/10/2017 at 0:21 PM, KC_Guy said:

Bigschmadt and RVM used to be on the other side.

BTW: If any of the two is lurking:please unlock the Hall of Fame in the old forum so I can save the content.

Thanks!

Go ahead and message me,  Ifyou want to, I'll help re-create a lot of the current information here into this forum if you want to do that instead of having everything as a link to the old forum. That comprehensive database was a neat idea, it would be good to have a 1 stop shop for fans to get all sorts of information here as well. Including updating some of those posts into the new forum here.

In the meantime if any Chiefs fans need something, feel free to let me know as well. I'll pop in from time to time, I'm just next door. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Go ahead and message me,  Ifyou want to, I'll help re-create a lot of the current information here into this forum if you want to do that instead of having everything as a link to the old forum. That comprehensive database was a neat idea, it would be good to have a 1 stop shop for fans to get all sorts of information here as well. Including updating some of those posts into the new forum here.

In the meantime if any Chiefs fans need something, feel free to let me know as well. I'll pop in from time to time, I'm just next door. 

Nick, thanks. I saved the most important portions (incl. the Hall of Fame) and will rebuild the database. Takes a bit of time due to reformatting and so on. What you could do is pin the "motherpost" I already created.

If I need more from the old site I'll ping you.

10 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Nick, thanks. I saved the most important portions (incl. the Hall of Fame) and will rebuild the database. Takes a bit of time due to reformatting and so on. What you could do is pin the "motherpost" I already created.

If I need more from the old site I'll ping you.

Webby's given the mods a directive to have less stickies/pins at the top of the forum, they largely tend to get ignored over time.  One suggestion I'd have is to lump an Introductions thread with the "database" you are putting together as a one-stop shop for new posters to check out.

Much like CWood said, it's not a bad idea to have a master intro thread or master information thread. But more than 1 and it begins to cross into a grey area of clutter.  Besides, it's Webby's rule. I was going to help create a master intro & info thread....but quickly realized I don't have the access here in Cheifland. 

If everyone wants a separate thread for it, it won't be pinned to the top. 

5 hours ago, NickButera said:

Besides, it's Webby's rule

It's not really a rule.  I just told mods to watch out to not have a bunch of old sticky (pins on the new forum) topics cluttering up the forum.  For most forums one is perfect, for others two or three is OK if they are active and have a purpose.  When a new mod takes over they can find the best options for the Chiefs community.   For now, I'll pin the database for you @KC_Guy.   Nice work on providing the members a great Chiefs resource.  

1 hour ago, Webmaster said:

It's not really a rule.  I just told mods to watch out to not have a bunch of old sticky (pins on the new forum) topics cluttering up the forum.  For most forums one is perfect, for others two or three is OK if they are active and have a purpose.  When a new mod takes over they can find the best options for the Chiefs community.   For now, I'll pin the database for you @KC_Guy.   Nice work on providing the members a great Chiefs resource.  

Thanks, much appreciated.

Archived