Sign in to follow this  
BackinBlack

Raiders sign Derrick Johnson

A really young defense, I like it.... I’m excited about the young talent in the lb unit (morrow, James, Azeem) but nice to add a proven vet in the mix. Middle backer is the qb of the defense , and makes sense to add someone who has a lot of nfl experience and football knowledge 

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Championship

I’ve always had a love hate relationship with him personally love his game hate kc hopefully he’s chip hungry and has one more quality  year in the tank 

I dont mind the signing 

But it's sad we have to choose between two 30+ year old year old, past their primed Lbs, both coming off Achilles  injuries in the last two years to be our starter.

Have to address the position but we seem to enjoy ignoring it and throwing late round picks at it.

5 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I dont mind the signing 

But it's sad we have to choose between two 30+ year old year old, past their primed Lbs, both coming off Achilles  injuries in the last two years to be our starter.

Have to address the position but we seem to enjoy ignoring it and throwing late round picks at it.

Sorry but addressing LT Edge DT CB RT was more important this drsft. Can’t draft every position 

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I dont mind the signing 

DL and CBs are going to take priority over off the ball LBs so, unless we fix every other issues, we won't be drafting a LB high anytime soon.

if only Nick Roach never got hurt....

So this signing might actually have more to do with James failing his physical and being waived than Bowman not returning...

A lot of fans are upset about this signing yes I wanted Bowman to but Johnson is no stranger of wearing the green dot. He's a vet that knows how to Command a defense.We have a lot of young players on defense we need that commander in the middle directing traffic 

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Sorry but addressing LT Edge DT CB RT was more important this drsft. Can’t draft every position 

This draft?  We’ve ignore the LB position for years.  A few FA signings here and there, but we haven’t tried to address it long term since McClain.  It’s time to get a leader in the middle of our D again.

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think the Raiders wanted a coverage/nickel LB and Johnson can be that guy. Whitehead will bring the hammer and Johnson will clean up on 3rd down. His burst and coverage ability/awareness are very much still there and hopefully our defensive line will clean things up for him.

I gotta keep reminding people that Whitehead is good in coverage as an OLB, not as good as Johnson but he was better than avg.

4 hours ago, daineraider said:

This draft?  We’ve ignore the LB position for years.  A few FA signings here and there, but we haven’t tried to address it long term since McClain.  It’s time to get a leader in the middle of our D again.

Maybe next year. Too many other needs when we know we can get a good starter on the market.