Apparently We Found an OG in Free Agency...

Well. There is the LG solution. Sometimes I just hate this team. Sometimes I just hate Bruce Allen. 

Alex Boone is a much better G, 31 and is a free agent. 

Luke Joeckel is 26 and is a free agent. 

Yet we have to go with this clown again? 

Say it aint so. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I’ve been calling this for months.

Honestly with what was left available this was the best solution left.

I'd take Alex Boone or Jahri Evans before bringing this loaf back.

Idk those guys are just as washed up now, and at least Lauvao has played next to TWill.  

This is one of those times I'd rather go with the devil I don't know ...

This signing this late in the game means that the plan was probably to get a Guard in the draft but the draft didn’t fall the right way for that to happen.

1. Was completely predictable based on the interior line talent cliff after the second
  2. Means passing up on that potential trade with New Orleans was even worse

This news doesn't bother me at all, I'm on the Sean Welsh bandwagon. Truly believe we stole one when we got him as UDFA. My question is why keep Kouandjio when he still can't beat out Lauvao? Dont make no sense. These other free agent guards must really suck in the eyes of other NFL teams to still be out there.

1 hour ago, Woz said:
  1. Was completely predictable based on the interior line talent cliff after the second
  2. Means passing up on that potential trade with New Orleans was even worse

I would actually rather pick Payne over the trade down. I know that from a viewpoint, adding an additional 1st in next years draft seems to be more beneficial. But New Orleans was really good last year, will probably be really good this year and that pick will end up being a later pick. With that being said, they drop off of talent from where we picked and where New Orleans was slated to pick is significant. 

Who do you take at 27? Arguably our top two needs don't substantiate value there and our pick would have been considered a "reach." Do the Redskins draft Guice there? Do we go with Taven Bryan and reach for Settle in the second? I don't see much the Redskins could have done better in their draft strategy. 

Archived