Rookie camp discussion

49erurtaza

23 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

I wonder if it's just for training camp and he'll end up switching? Haven't seen that style of facemask a lot. 

I kinda like it. A new twist on the old school linemen facemasks.

39 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

I wonder if it's just for training camp and he'll end up switching? Haven't seen that style of facemask a lot. 

I was going to say, he wore it in college, so I’m assuming he’s sticking with what he’s comfortable with. 

Plus I agree with Y2, I like it too. Has that old school feel to it

James to battle Taylor for slot receiver reps? Dunbar to battle Bourne? Pettis to take Robinson's reps, or maybe even play in  the slot. If we're fielding our best 3 WRs it seems likely it would be Garcon, Goodwin and Pettis.

44 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

James to battle Taylor for slot receiver reps? Dunbar to battle Bourne? Pettis to take Robinson's reps, or maybe even play in  the slot. If we're fielding our best 3 WRs it seems likely it would be Garcon, Goodwin and Pettis.

Really, we can do any combination of those 3 and Taylor in 3-WR sets. With any luck, James or Bourne can hop in and contribute on plays, too. The more the merrier.

Anyone out there got any insight into Moore? Not a whole lot out there that I"ve found about him. I did find a nice ariticle that said he had the kind of speed and ball skills that might allow him to be a Earl Thomas type center fielder. That got me excited!  Except I see we're trying him out at CB.Anyone know if he played any CB in  college, or got an idea if this is just an early experiment or are serious about playing him there?

Any thoughts on Julian Taylor vs Jones? When we picked Jones last year I thought that might have turned into a great late round pick. But it seems like the enthusiasm for him went downhill throughout the season. Now I'm liking  what I've seen and what I'm reading about Taylor.

Archived