Jayson, Ben & Don

11sanchez11

Who is better now?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better player right now?

2. 2. Who would you choose to build your franchise around?

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Of course there is, but I was simply talking scoring... I already conceded Simmons is the better passer.

That wasn't the discussion we started at, and it certainly wasn't the discussion I was going towards especially with the way I just ended my last response.  Tatum is the better shooter/scorer, there's no denying that.  But in terms of OVERALL impact, Ben Simmons impacts the offensive side of the court more than Tatum.  And I think the "not even close" comment is incredibly narrow-minded when we've been discussing overall offensive impact and not just shooting/scoring impact.

Just now, CWood21 said:

That wasn't the discussion we started at, and it certainly wasn't the discussion I was going towards especially with the way I just ended my last response.  Tatum is the better shooter/scorer, there's no denying that.  But in terms of OVERALL impact, Ben Simmons impacts the offensive side of the court more than Tatum.  And I think the "not even close" comment is incredibly narrow-minded when we've been discussing overall offensive impact and not just shooting/scoring impact.

Let me ask you this, you take Simmons off the Sixers and Tatum off the C's.  Which teams' offense suffers more?

46 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Lulz.  The impact that Simmons has on the court far exceeds the impact that Tatum has.  Even if Simmons can shoot from any semblance of range.

lolzcopter DrJ sed tatum shud be teh first overall pick. And Tatum>simmunds

Just now, CWood21 said:

Let me ask you this, you take Simmons off the Sixers and Tatum off the C's.  Which teams' offense suffers more?

EASILY the Celtics and I'm not even joking around this time. Had Tatum not started driving to change the pace of last nights game, the 6ers win easily because the rest of the offense was oit of sync chucking up tres. Simmons is OVER-R-A-T-E-D.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Stupid question. Celtics have a much better/deeper roster than Philly. You know the answer to this means nothing.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's a better shooter.  We've already established that like a million times over.  If you wanna argue whose the better scorer/shooter, we can have that argument.  But the argument was who was the better offensive player.  Last I saw, Simmons was averaging 7 APG and shooting 48% from the field which includes his clunker of G2.  Tatum is averaging 2.7 APG and shooting 55% from the field.  IF you exclude G2, Simmons is shooting 56% from the field.  LIS, if you want to make the argument that Tatum is the better scorer/shooter, I'm not going to argue.  But Simmons handles significantly more of the offensive load.

how many of those assists have just been standing at the top of the key watching JJ/Marco come off screens? He hasn't done much playmaking in this series. And a lot of it is because Boston doesn't have anyone that they are afraid to put on him. So defensive breakdowns that lead to dunks for him aren't happening. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Stupid question. Celtics have a much better/deeper roster than Philly. You know the answer to this means nothing.

It's a stupid question because you know the answer completely conflicts with your argument.  Simmons is the Sixers offense, Tatum isn't.  Just answer the question.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

EASILY the Celtics and I'm not even joking around this time. Had Tatum not started driving to change the pace of last nights game, the 6ers win easily because the rest of the offense was oit of sync chucking up tres. Simmons is OVER-R-A-T-E-D.

The Sixers would be winning this series if Simmons played as many minutes as Fultz has and you started TJ McConnell with Fultz off the bench. Simmons isn't the only one who can pass. He is solid distrubting compared to other NBA point guards but his only special traits are his rebounding and athleticism/size. The fact that he can defend pretty good is another trait to admire about Simmons but everything else is average to below average.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

how many of those assists have just been standing at the top of the key watching JJ/Marco come off screens? He hasn't done much playmaking in this series. And a lot of it is because Boston doesn't have anyone that they are afraid to put on him. So defensive breakdowns that lead to dunks for him aren't happening. 

Now the assists don't count because of the offensive system that Philadelphia runs.  This is literally becoming comical.  Now Simmons is being "docked" because they surrounded him with shooters, which is the right thing to do.  Next you're going to tell me that him being left-handed disqualifies him.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

The Sixers would be winning this series if Simmons played as many minutes as Fultz has and you started TJ McConnell with Fultz off the bench. Simmons isn't the only one who can pass. He is solid distrubting compared to other NBA point guards but his only special traits are his rebounding and athleticism/size. The fact that he can defend pretty good is another trait to admire about Simmons but everything else is average to below average.

Except there's probably a half a dozen players who can effectively defend Simmons.  That isn't the case with Tatum.  Simmons is the offense for the Sixers.  If you don't think there's a drop off from Simmons running the offense and Simmons not running the offense, than you're incredibly wrong.  It's like saying the Rockets are as good offensively when Eric Gordon runs the offense as James Harden does.  Or if Shaun Livingston is running the Warriors offense instead of Steph Curry.  It's a laughable argument.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

let me ask you this, if you take Durant off the Warriors and Simmons off the Cs, which teams offense suffers more?

Oh and Ben Simmons has the worst net rating on the team in BOS series and TJ has the best. And Tatum is BOS's leading scorer. So when it matters, probably Tatum.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's a stupid question because you know the answer completely conflicts with your argument.  Simmons is the Sixers offense, Tatum isn't.  Just answer the question.

You're ridiculous. Its stupid because the Celtics have Kyrie Irving, Al Horford, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier. The Sixers have Joel Embiid and...JJ Reddick? Of course it would hurt the Sixers more.

The Suns offense would be hurt more by losing Booker than the Celtics would by losing Kyrie. That doesn't mean Devin Booker is better than Kyrie. Its a stupid question.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

let me ask you this, if you take Durant off the Warriors and Simmons off the Cs, which teams offense suffers more?

Oh and Ben Simmons has the worst net rating on the team in BOS series and TJ has the best. And Tatum is BOS's leading scorer. So when it matters, probably Tatum.

Thank you. Its such a dumb question lol.

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Its pretty clear CWood hasn't watched any of the games. You're 100% right, Simmons has gotten a ton of assists on Embiid post ups and 3 point shooters coming off screens.

Archived