Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, fattlipp said:

if he doesn't play a regular season down in the next 3 years, and he may be 3rd string for 2/3 of them, what kind of offers will he get?   15m is a lot of money to retire on.

Matt Flynn got 8 million per for 1 start. If Kizer shows anything he'll get decent backup money. If he gets injury starts for Rodgers and is good, it will be the same as Jimmy G. Anyone who is young and shows any signs of being a starting QB will be coveted.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Kizer has all the tools. You're selling him way short. Unpressured development was his greatest need and he has that now.

It is hard to find recent example of QBs that are complete tool box prospects coming into the league and finally mentally clicking. His second year starting at ND, he was benched and was a sub 60% completion thrower. 54% as a rookie.

https://theathletic.com/458257/2018/08/03/the-throw-by-aaron-rodgers-is-still-creating-a-buzz-in-camp-and-so-is-the-emergence-of-jake-kumerow/?redirected=1

Some ST from a couple days back: 

The Packers worked several tandems of gunners during a punt coverage drill. The first-string gunners were Allison and cornerback Demetri Goodson; then cornerback Donatello Brown and safety Josh Jones; then wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling and cornerback Josh Jackson

Also listened to Zook. Said he wanted to get Jaire more return work; and would also like to see some returns for each of the three rookie WR.  (Although he mentioned MVS and Moore twice, EQ only once.)  Also mentioned Rollins, Cobb, and I believe Ty.    

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Matt Flynn got 8 million per for 1 start. If Kizer shows anything he'll get decent backup money. If he gets injury starts for Rodgers and is good, it will be the same as Jimmy G. Anyone who is young and shows any signs of being a starting QB will be coveted.

Maybe Freeman signed a deal for around 3/yr,  I see a similar early career for Kizer,  Freeman was soft though.

22 hours ago, Norm said:

Patrick Swain* @cooters22

An inside joke I hate that you never got to see. That and the grave maker

Edit: I forgot the guy who started the Patrick Swain hype train is here now. I need to steal the rest of those dudes.

PM me the rest of the inside joke if you want. I vaguely the Patrick Swain prediction, probably because I was so so so very wrong about him. 

5 hours ago, fattlipp said:

is HZ now OP31?

ohhhhh is that who he is? would make sense, his favorite movie is The Thing. outpost 31 is the american base

i was wondering why they sounded so similar. and he's still making hypotheticals about trading aaron rodgers lmfao 

4 hours ago, fattlipp said:

How is Goodson still around,   he was old to start with and cant stay healthy,  he's a poorman's Bush, lose him.

That's what training camp is for. Let's see if he can stay healthy and contribute. But it's hard to see him making the team unless there is a rash of injuries at the CB position. 

3 minutes ago, persiandud said:

goodson is trash idk why he's still here 

@Norm  Goodson is a camp body

Goodson is on a NFL veteran minimum deal with $0 dead cap and guarantees if he is released.  It is cheaper to cut Goodson than it is to cut any of Ripkowski/Ryan/Hundley

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@Norm  Goodson is a camp body

Goodson is on a NFL veteran minimum deal with $0 dead cap and guarantees if he is released.  It is cheaper to cut Goodson than it is to cut any of Ripkowski/Ryan/Hundley

Die in a fire.

21 minutes ago, persiandud said:

21 minutes ago, persiandud said:

goodson is trash idk why he's still here 

Did Goodson bang a bunch of people's moms or something? He's not good. But I swear there are people all over that would watch him burn alive and laugh.

Archived