Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

Just now, FinneasGage said:

man tendonitis doesn't heal i feel like. did PT for 3 months and nothing happened so i was just like **** it i guess i'll just pimp walk until this ***** ruptures. if it's early you got hope, i ignored mine for the longest time. if you got insurance hit the PT quick. rest and babying it makes it worse. if it's tendonitis that you got i mean. 

That is exactly my issue and I'm going to look into that tomorrow. :/

@FinneasGage  @AlexGreen#20

Try a short course of NSAID (non-steroid anti-inflammatory medication.....Aleve, naproxyn, etc).  Take it as the bottle indicates for 10-14 days.  If you are seeing some improvement in the pain and symptoms, continue for another week or so.   At some point, going off for a week or so is good to allow your body to clear and cleanse and lessen the stress on the kidney/liver. 

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

At some point, going off for a week or so is good to allow your body to clear and cleanse and lessen the stress on the kidney/liver. 

As you can see from the graph below, your liver & kidneys will remove ibuprofen from your blood stream rather quickly, but it lingers in tissues much longer. So it takes a much longer time frame for a complete cleansing as noted by Squire above.      (Note: This does not apply to metabolic superhumans like Norm)

A518_Apr15_NSAID_Hunter_Fig5.png

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

My 53 as I lay it out today.

QB: Rodgers/Hundley/Kizer (3)

RB: Williams/Montgomery/Bouagnon (6)

WR: Adams/Cobb/Allison/Moore/MVS/ESB (12)

FB: Ripkowski (13)

TE: Graham/Lewis/Kendricks (16)

OT: Bakhtiari/Bulaga/Spriggs/Murphy (20)

OG: Taylor/McCray/Patrick (23)

OC: Linsley/Day (25)

+++

DL: Daniels/Clark/Wilkerson/Adams/Lowry/Mbu (31)

OLB: Perry/Clay/Gilbert/Biegel/Fackrell/Odom (37)

ILB: Martinez/Burks/Thomas (40)

CB: King/Tramon/House/Alexander/Jackson/Waters (46)

S: HHCD/Brice/Evans/Jones (50)

ST: Crosby/Scott/Triner (53)

I like that a lot, I have a few questions:

• Mbu vs Looney: Do you stash Looney on the PS? Been hearing good things but I don't know if it's just camp hype. Hadn't heard much about Mbu to be honest.
  • Odom vs Donnerson: Same question, looks like Donnerson has a lot of athletic ability, I guess he'd be a priority for the PS.
  • Last CB: I don't count on Rollins either but it seems like this last CB spot is up for grabs. How close do you see Waters vs Pipkins?
  • Evans vs Whitehead: Looked like Whitehead was gaining some camp hype recently. Dumb question - I know with Capers there wasn't much distinction between FS and SS, would it have been viable to keep Whitehead instead of Evans? Is there a big enough difference in playstyle that you need to have two of each or do you just keep the best players and then make it work?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I like that a lot, I have a few questions:

• Mbu vs Looney: Do you stash Looney on the PS? Been hearing good things but I don't know if it's just camp hype. Hadn't heard much about Mbu to be honest.
  • Odom vs Donnerson: Same question, looks like Donnerson has a lot of athletic ability, I guess he'd be a priority for the PS.
  • Last CB: I don't count on Rollins either but it seems like this last CB spot is up for grabs. How close do you see Waters vs Pipkins?
  • Evans vs Whitehead: Looked like Whitehead was gaining some camp hype recently. Dumb question - I know with Capers there wasn't much distinction between FS and SS, would it have been viable to keep Whitehead instead of Evans? Is there a big enough difference in playstyle that you need to have two of each or do you just keep the best players and then make it work?

Thanks!

Just looking for another pure anchor. Clark is one, and the rest of the group as of now is a bit lighter than I would prefer. Just not sure I trust Adams right now to be able to hold it down. Mbu is a pure role player but he does have that going for him. I have no issue if you wanted to swap out Looney or really any of them on the DL except for Sheehy and that has less to do with my thinking any of them are a better pure talent than Sheehy and more my thinking that all three of Looney, Sheehy, and Lancaster all are going to need a year before they're ready to contribute meaningfully. I think Looney grades a touch higher in the pressure package and Lancaster is just a bigger body. 

I just think Odom is a bit more ready as of now. I'm waiting for the inevitable Clay/Perry injury and Odom's immediate contributor advantage beats out Donnerson's athleticism if Donnerson isn't going to be a ST stand out. This is a spot I leave up to Zook. If he wants to take Greer Martini in this spot, I let him do so. 

I think a good case could be made that Waters and Pipkins grade out the same as of now. I just think Waters has a bit more upside as he's still learning the spot. Of course you could have made the same argument with Rollins and it never materialized. Really I probably let Zook make the call on that spot. He might prefer Rollins. 

I've never seen Whitehead as anything more than a pure ST guy. You feel better about him if he has to play, next to HaHa who can hold his hand to some extent, but he's just not all the way there all the time. I don't feel good about it, but I can live with Evans playing defensive snaps and his ST value is just as high as Whitehead's.

14 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

man tendonitis doesn't heal i feel like. did PT for 3 months and nothing happened so i was just like **** it i guess i'll just pimp walk until this ***** ruptures. if it's early you got hope, i ignored mine for the longest time. if you got insurance hit the PT quick. rest and babying it makes it worse. if it's tendonitis that you got i mean. 

I had it for a couple years in my wrists from lifting. Only thing that eventually made it better was icing it every day and not lifting for like 2 months.

I have yet to make a 53 this offseason so I guess I'll throw mine out there, I'll do another before cutdown day:

QB: Rodgers/Hundley/Kizer (3)

RB: Williams/Montgomery/(Jones SPD)(5)

WR: Adams/Cobb/Allison/Moore/MVS/ESB/Kumerow (12)

FB: Ripkowski (13)

TE: Graham/Lewis/Kendricks (16)

OT: Bakhtiari/Bulaga/Spriggs/Murphy (20)

OG: Taylor/McCray/Patrick/Bell (24)

OC: Linsley (25)

DEFENSE:

DL: Daniels/Clark/Wilkerson/Adams/Lowry(30)

OLB: Perry/Clay/Gilbert/FA Cut/Fackrell/Odom (36)

ILB: Martinez/Burks/Biegel/Thomas (40)

CB: King/Tramon/House/Alexander/Jackson/Pipkins (46)

S: HHCD/Brice/Evans/Jones (50)

ST: Crosby/Scott/Triner (53)

Kumerow, Fackrell, Odom, Thomas are the cut candidates for Jones return.

PS hopefuls: Donnerson, Day, Looney, a RB, Tonyan, Amichia, Martini, Waters, Boyle, Yancey

I will say this about Whitehead.  He was all over the field in the first preseason game.  I don't think we are looking at a future star, but we could do worse.  I still think we have a pretty good safety group even minus Burnett.  Of course that changes a bit if Jones doesn't improve.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Weird order. Moore is the least impactful problem of all those listed.

Least impact, but a wide receiver who can't catch a football is pretty damn disappointing. Maybe next year we could try our luck with a one legged running back

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Packers already have some experience in working with a talented WR who got the yips.... and the results have been spectacular. But post-Jordy, too many fans are soiling themselves over the 4th target in this offense and Herman is playing to that crowd.

Correct. The guy walked in the door having caught over 1000yds and I dont know how many TDs at MIZZOU. Okay - its not OSU - but its not Saginaw Valley either. The guy knows how to play. He's got the scoots and speed to beat DBs off the LOS and downfield - just what the doctor ordered - so get him some easy ones - build up his confidence and coach him up. He's got the tools. The eye's dont lie.

Year three is so often the big jump for WRs. It was for Jordy, it was for Davante.

Moore is 6'3", ran a 4.48 on his pro day (having messed up his 40 at the combine), did 21 bench reps (so he's strong), jumped a 38" vertical, had the joint best 3cone (6.56). He has production too. What he needs is time to adjust from a spread offense to the Packers system. He could be easily the best WR, between him, St.Brown, Valdes-Scantling, Yancey and Allison - it doesn't mean he WILL be, but he has enough tools that he could be.

Archived