Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do you watch football games and just completely miss formational alignments?

Bennett, Cook, Rodgers, Finley, Quarles, etc. have all played a **** ton of snaps outside, some seasons more than half their snaps.

You're talking about this like it's going to be some new thing. 2x2 and 3x1 are extremely common alignments. This isn't even a Packers thing, this is an NFL thing. It's not 2005 anymore. 

Got me man, didn’t watch the old film of Finley and Quarless. Glad you did!

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This is my point. The argument for why we don't need another outside WR and can get by with Allison and a Day 3 rookie has been (1) our offense is going to change schematically and (2) we are now going to target our TEs and RBs way more than usual. I don't see either as reality.  

Could easily see more targets for the TE. Wouldn't be hard for me to see that with Graham coming in and the return of Philbin that this is going to look a lot like the Finley offenses of the early 2010s.

With that said, that sure as **** doesn't mean we should be all smiles at a big downgrade at boundary WR. 

30 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do you watch football games and just completely miss formational alignments?

Bennett, Cook, Rodgers, Finley, Quarles, etc. have all played a **** ton of snaps outside, some seasons more than half their snaps.

You're talking about this like it's going to be some new thing. 2x2 and 3x1 are extremely common alignments. This isn't even a Packers thing, this is an NFL thing. It's not 2005 anymore. 

You're my spirit animal

Wait.. Human. Because that whole phrase is stupid

Wonder if the Patriot fans are crapping their pants about their Chris Hogan, Julian Edelman, Phillip Dorsett and Malcolm Mitchell WR group or if they've just learned to trust their GOAT QB?

I can only wonder what our forum will be like when we actually have things to legit worry about on offense.

2 hours ago, SSG said:

The idea that he lost all of his athletic ability overnight is crazy.  His issues last year weren't any worse than Graham's and you've got people thinking we're getting a 1200 yard, 10+ TD TE.  

I do? I didnt think I was that persuasive, but must be especially since I've hardly talked about Graham at all.

Clearly I need to step up appreciation of my own opinion :)

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Wonder if the Patriot fans are crapping their pants about their Chris Hogan, Julian Edelman, Phillip Dorsett and Malcolm Mitchell WR group or if they've just learned to trust their GOAT QB?

I can only wonder what our forum will be like when we actually have things to legit worry about on offense.

Give me McDaniels at OC, and put GB in the AFC East and I agree. 

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jimmy Graham isn't Rob Gronkowski. 

9 minutes ago, Blink said:

And none of those WRs are Davante Adams, I think it washes out

I like Adams a lot, but that's not a fair comparison.

Gronk is a mismatch against literally every team in the NFL. 

You feel good about a #1 CB matched up against Adams. There's no matchup against Gronk that doesn't warp your defense. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Jimmy Graham isn't Rob Gronkowski. 

Rob Gronkowski isn't Rob Gronkowski anymore. Guys falling apart at the seams.

They still put up plenty of points without him, elite QBs make WRs. If the OL blocks like they did while we ran the table, Allison could be our #1 and we could still average 28 a game. Everyone points to the loss of Jordy the year he tore his ACL and fails to mention we were 6-0, Aaron was an MVP candidate, Randall Cobb and James Jones were tops in the league in TDs. It was the OL injuries that derailed that offense, not Jordy.

Are you taking 2015 James Jones, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams and Richard Rodgers or 2018 Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, Geronimo Allison and Jimmy Graham? 

I really couldn't be less worried about our offense. They'll be their usual selves.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Rob Gronkowski isn't Rob Gronkowski anymore. Guys falling apart at the seams.

They still put up plenty of points without him, elite QBs make WRs. If the OL blocks like they did while we ran the table, Allison could be our #1 and we could still average 28 a game. Everyone points to the loss of Jordy the year he tore his ACL and fails to mention we were 6-0, Aaron was an MVP candidate, Randall Cobb and James Jones were tops in the league in TDs. It was the OL injuries that derailed that offense, not Jordy.

Are you taking 2015 James Jones, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams and Richard Rodgers or 2018 Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, Geronimo Allison and Jimmy Graham? 

I really couldn't be less worried about our offense. They'll be their usual selves.

While he may be falling apart, the 1100 yard 8TD season over 14 games from the TE spot while being the #1 weapon happened last season.

If you believe that we could put up 28 per game with Allison, you must have despised the Cobb and Jordy contracts. It was a lot more than offensive line issues. Teams stopped showing the receivers the respect they had to when Jordy was in the game. They got up in everyone's face and dared us to win deep and we just couldn't without a legitimate vertical threat. 

I do think the offense will be "fine". This looks like a 26 PPG offense. With a legitimate threat at that other boundary spot, this could be a 27.5 ppg offense. We're going to need the points this year. 

25 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I like Adams a lot, but that's not a fair comparison.

Gronk is a mismatch against literally every team in the NFL. 

You feel good about a #1 CB matched up against Adams. There's no matchup against Gronk that doesn't warp your defense. 

Adams has been as deadly of a red zone threat as anyone lately, I highly doubt there’s 31 corners that teams feel could confidently solo against him...

Archived