Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

Fortunately, I've never been hit in the face like this - by hard or soft ball - but I've caught line drives while at 1st and 3rd base (of both type balls) and the softball shot felt like it damn near broke my hand. They're big and heavy and if somebody gets a hold of one........

Made catching the ball a ***** for weeks afterwards. Center up one of those shots on my face? I dont want to go there. That would be downright nasty. CM's lucky and we're lucky it doesnt appear to be serious.

Article on RG Justin McCray and his offseason of improvement

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/06/03/packers-familiar-answer-starting-right-guard-question/664041002/

“I feel a lot stronger just because last year at this time, or before I got to Green Bay, I was juggling a job, working out and stuff like that. This year, this offseason, I can just focus on me, focus on my eating habits and working on things I need to work on. So I felt like it was more time invested in me, so I’ll get a better product this offseason.”

Back at guard, McCray starts each snap lined up much closer to his assigned target. It’s easier to quickly engage blocks on the interior, allowing McCray to feel right at home.

“The quicker I get on people,” McCray said, “the better it is. I feel like I have strong hands and things like that. I was doing it at tackle as well too, just because I was used to playing guard. So I was trying to make it work for me. It’s definitely a little bit easier at guard.”

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

This Clinton-Dix thing is interesting. MM said he was absent due to a personal issue. Must be one hell of a personal issue to extend over three different sets of OTAs....

He has a personal issue with his contract

23 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

He has a personal issue with his contract

Its a personnel issue

The Packers are trading him for Earl Thomas. :)

They both need new deals and GB figured if we're gonna pay Top Safety money, we should get Top Safety play

Few things: 

1. Glad to see 12 is doing well at OTAs. Was really nervous about that going in. 

2. Not sure how you really "standout" in OTAs with no contact, etc. but anyways, good to hear that Allison and MVS looked sharp. 

3. Keep hearing good things about Alexander which is an early plus for our top overall pick. 

4. Again, with no contact drills etc, wonder what Gilbert did to get in the "struggled" category

This Clinton-Dix thing makes me wish we had traded Clinton-Dix and moved Randall to safety.  I know a lot of people will disagree, but Randall has much better ball skills than Clinton-Dix, he would have been cheaper, and before he was traded, he expressed optimism in playing for the Packers. 

I also think (but I'm not sure) we would have had more cap space if we had done it that way instead.  Probably could have gotten a bigger return on investment, too. 

I think Clinton-Dix can still do really well for us, but his attitude lately (perceived or real) is just really making me not a big fan of his. 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This Clinton-Dix thing makes me wish we had traded Clinton-Dix and moved Randall to safety.  I know a lot of people will disagree, but Randall has much better ball skills than Clinton-Dix, he would have been cheaper, and before he was traded, he expressed optimism in playing for the Packers. I also think (but I'm not sure) we would have had more cap space if we had done it that way instead.  Probably could have gotten a bigger return on investment, too. I think Clinton-Dix can still do really well for us, but his attitude lately (perceived or real) is just really making me not a big fan of his. 

Dont disagree with the bold portion but lets not anoint Randall the second coming to the Safety position quite yet. He's yet to play it in the NFL. 

I'm expecting Dix to improve on his 2017 showing this year.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Could have a terminally ill family member.

I don't know if it is why he isn't there, but it is true that his Godmother dropped dead from a heart attack shortly before his graduation in early May.  She has reportedly been a big influence on him, had travelled to Alabama to be in attendance at the graduation.

When asked about it shortly before the OTA's, he was reportedly still to upset to talk about it.

He may be just taking some time to grieve and spend time with family.  It may have nothing to do with his contract.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-alisa-dorsett-obit-20180514-story.html

Archived