Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This Clinton-Dix thing makes me wish we had traded Clinton-Dix and moved Randall to safety.  I know a lot of people will disagree, but Randall has much better ball skills than Clinton-Dix, he would have been cheaper, and before he was traded, he expressed optimism in playing for the Packers. 

I also think (but I'm not sure) we would have had more cap space if we had done it that way instead.  Probably could have gotten a bigger return on investment, too. 

I think Clinton-Dix can still do really well for us, but his attitude lately (perceived or real) is just really making me not a big fan of his. 

I would give you the ball skills but Dix other than last year at least could tackle which wasn't really Randall's top attribute.

Via PackersNews:

“There’s really no need to get into attendance,” McCarthy said. “We’re having a really good offseason. Ha Ha, just like a number of veterans, when we start the offseason program, we go through everybody’s individual schedule. Things do come up. So he’s had a personal situation that he’s attended to, so I have no concerns.”

Coach Mike McCarthy said Monday he’s considering excusing veterans from minicamp — as he has done in the past — so perhaps Clinton-Dix won’t be required to attend.

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This Clinton-Dix thing makes me wish we had traded Clinton-Dix and moved Randall to safety.  I know a lot of people will disagree, but Randall has much better ball skills than Clinton-Dix, he would have been cheaper, and before he was traded, he expressed optimism in playing for the Packers. 

I also think (but I'm not sure) we would have had more cap space if we had done it that way instead.  Probably could have gotten a bigger return on investment, too. 

I think Clinton-Dix can still do really well for us, but his attitude lately (perceived or real) is just really making me not a big fan of his. 

Randall and Josh Jones, yikes. That's not much smarts back there. Hard pass.

Also stop calling it the "Clinton-Dix thing" until you actually know why he's missing. A lot of you are going to feel like crap if it's a serious family issue that he's tending to.

I'm predicting a big bounce back year for HaHa assuming the corners are healthy. 

I wouldn't chalk last year up to him just being worse then the year prior. Bad corner play really hurt his production and had him thinking too much.

Will he ever be Top-3 Elite at the position? Probably not, but he has shown he can be a really good player. 

Punter JK Scott looks like he's 16 years old...but I like his verve as he turns to Crosby and says:

"You talking to me old man ? "

One of the things Scott brings to the table is a big leg for kickoffs...so GB can consider extending Crosby's career on the FG side - even if he loses some distance on kickoffs.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

I am keeping in mind that Pigskin Paul from Great Blue North Draft Report said that MVS was the most ready to play pro ball and Moore was the least ready to play.

I don't know how he came to that conclusion considering the competition they both faced, but he seemed pretty confident in that assessment.

I honestly don't care which one does, but I want one of the drafted receivers to push for serious snaps.

Archived