Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

Yes, but isn't it during these OTA's and mini-camps when the offenses and defenses the coaches want to implement are being taught to the players, especially on the defensive side of the ball with a new DC?  I'm sure Philbin is installing new offensive wrinkles too.  Most of the offensive players on the team today were not around when Joe was here before.

Yes, but that is something that fans are not going to be privy to and the team is not going to share who is struggling and who isn't. We don't even know individual assignments during game situations definitely don't know what goals the coaching staff has for any individual mini camp practice. Can't really take anything away from an interception or TD in minicamp. 

21 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Speaking of Packer RBs:

Here's RB Aaron Jones sharing a story via Packers Wire

"In a recent interview, Aaron Jones recalled what Aaron Rodgers told him as he entered the huddle for the first time in a regular season game last season.

“My first game in against Chicago, Jamaal (Williams) and Ty (Montgomery) went down, and I run into the huddle, and he’s like, ‘I want you to know, I’m probably one of your biggest fans in this organization, so if you want to make a statement, now is your time,'”

Rodgers is an unlikable dude though. And if you didnt know, he's also a horrendous leader.

33 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Rodgers is an unlikable dude though. And if you didnt know, he's also a horrendous leader.

Aaron doesn't like Jones much though. Everyone else just hates him so he's his biggest fan by default.

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

At this point, I'll believe it when I see it. Other than 6 screen plays a season, MM and or Rodgers have been content with playing things straight up and have the RB block. MM and Philbin need to catch up to the rest of the NFL with regard to this

I agree with the "when I see it I'll believe it" thing. Monty is talked about as a multiple threat guy, but--when he HAS been healthy--we pretty much just see a decent running back doing running back things. I'm going to keep an open mind and watch for him to be used in the multi-tool ways that we always suggest are possible. I don't see why Monty couldn't be used a bit like Alvin Kamara.

2 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I agree with the "when I see it I'll believe it" thing. Monty is talked about as a multiple threat guy, but--when he HAS been healthy--we pretty much just see a decent running back doing running back things. I'm going to keep an open mind and watch for him to be used in the multi-tool ways that we always suggest are possible. I don't see why Monty couldn't be used a bit like Alvin Kamara.

We also saw an ok WR.

2 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Kamara is 100x the athlete Montgomery is. 

20 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Kamara is 100x the athlete Montgomery is. 

100x the athlete is a complete fabrication. They are different style runners - Monty is more of a bruiser while Kamara is more elusive. Kamara is the better player but using Montgomery in a similar role is definitely possible.

40 YD         Vert        Broad
Kamara 4.56 39.5 131
Monty 4.55 40.5 121

10 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

100x the athlete is a complete fabrication. They are different style runners - Monty is more of a bruiser while Kamara is more elusive. Kamara is the better player but using Montgomery in a similar role is definitely possible.

Kamara 4.56 39.5 131
Monty 4.55 40.5 121

Gonna need 3 cone there for any athletic comparison.

Kamara: 7.10

Monty: 7.04

15 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Kamara 4.56 39.5 131
Monty 4.55 40.5 121

To me, Monty is more James White versus Kamara...and being James White would be fine with me. 

15 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Kamara 4.56 39.5 131
Monty 4.55 40.5 121

Honestly shocked it's that close. All you have to do is throw on some game film and Kamara pops where Monty just blends in with the crowd. 

25 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Honestly shocked it's that close. All you have to do is throw on some game film and Kamara pops where Monty just blends in with the crowd. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/alvin-kamara

Also take a peek at Alvin's 2nd most similar HB/RB...RB group could be really really good if they can stay healthy. This offense should be lights out.

Archived