Rookie Camp

ReggieCamp

is anyone else annoyed at Nick Chubbs face mask. It’s always bothered me. To me it looks like an aborted revo that decide to it still wanted to be the oldschool Jamal Lewis Clinton Portis face mask 

Hue is just planting the seed and making sure that everyone hears who has "full" control over the offense that way when things start out bad and we are looking at another less than stellar season he has built in ammunition to deflect blame from himself.

3 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Heard Desmond Harrison looks the part and is more than athletic enough to compete at LT. Came in around 300 pounds. 

the issue with him will be if he can keep the weight up. It's easy to come in at a heavier weight. When you are practicing just about every day and having workouts, can he keep the weight up. 

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Maybe total autonomy for now. Let’s see how long that happens. Hue will want the reigns back when the games start. 

if that happens, I believe Dorsey is more likely to side with Haley than Hue. It had to be the reason Haley would come here. You know Haley isnt going to sit back and allow another person to control the offense. Dude could of been OC anywhere that had an opening with the resume he had. Also you go through training camps, OTAs, mini camps, and etc learning from one coach for potentially another OC (hue) coming in. It wouldnt work for squat. Haley and Hue are completing different when it comes to offenses. Haley couldnt call Hue's offense and Hue couldnt cal Haley's offense. So if something comes up and something has to happen, Hue would be the one getting fired and not Haley. If hue wants to turn into Huebris, he will be digging his own grave.

1 hour ago, nugpimpen said:

The reason I believe the haley thing is that Dorsey is here. Hue can't just strong arm himself back in charge. Dorsey is not Sashi. Hue has to know how short a leash he's on. 

He has 1 win in 2 years, He damn well better know. 

12 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Hey @ReggieCamp! You planning on doing anything special for post #10,000?? Big deal, buddy. Like Al Bundy rolling his old Dodge over to all zeros when he reached a million miles.

Didn’t realize I was getting that close. I guess I’m more the tortoise than the hare. 10,000 posts in 12 years is way more than I thought I’d ever have on an Internet forum, but it pales in comparison to some of the blowhards in here lol.

Rookie camp, IMO, is nice to see our guys in orange and brown and see them learning things. That said, every camp report ever since 1999 is positive, every 1st rounder looks AMAZING, and everything is always clicking.

I'll wait until August to see what we do. I distinctively remember a preseason game with Quinn where the following happened:

1st and goal from the 3:

False Start

1st and goal from the 8:

WR lines up in the wrong spot, timeout.

1st and goal from the 8:

Delay of game

1st and goal from the 13

DELAY OF GAME

1st and goal from the 18.

I'm not joking.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Rookie camp, IMO, is nice to see our guys in orange and brown and see them learning things. That said, every camp report ever since 1999 is positive, every 1st rounder looks AMAZING, and everything is always clicking.

I'll wait until August to see what we do. I distinctively remember a preseason game with Quinn where the following happened:

Yeah I’m in no hurry to see a rookie play this year.  

If Baker beats out Tyrod, great.  If not, let him learn.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm excited to see Tyrod, period, and that was the case even if we drafted Darnold. I want to see competent QB play and am hoping that he stays healthy all year. If he does, he/this team could surprise some folks...I don't think 6-8 wins would be out of the question.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s an interesting one. I sort of expect and think I know what we are going to get from Tyrod. Somewhere around:

62%, 3000 passing, 500 rushing, 23 total TD, 5 INTs.

Way better than anything the Browns I’ve had for a long time. Then you can plausibly inflate those stats a bit because the Browns have a much better offense on paper than what the Bills had.

So then what happens if Tyrod hits that stat line or better and we go 8-8?

It’s a huge risk to ditch the best QB we’ve had in ages who put up good stats and got to winning, for Baker.

With Darnold, he is 20 years old so you could easily sit him for multiple years behind Tyrod and be okay with it.

Baker is 23 already, an old rookie QB by modern NFL standards. Sitting him for two years isn’t something I like the sound of. Fair or not, I expect him to be more advanced than Darnold and more ready to play.

But if he goes in Week 1 in 2019 after the best season we’ve had in ages because of Tyrod, that’s a lot of pressure.

Archived