Coaches and Players Quotes Thread

I saw this Baker Mayfield quote and figured I'd start a thread for all the both good and not so good quotes out there.  

This is the quote I read on tweet by Steve Doerschuk @sdoerschukREP

Baker Mayfield on Antonio Callaway "He's a very fast man. He makes good plays on the ball. You get a guy like that and get chemistry down....... it's dangerous." 

Me likey this a lot ???

Thanks I thought so lol. Baker went on to say that he had that chemistry with some guys in OK and that he thinks Antonio can really help this team going forward. 

I have to say I'm rooting for both Baker and Antonio and hope they gel early and often. 

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not at all, I was just saying I like the idea.

And I appreciate it as I was thinking it wasn't going to stick there for a second. I don't know why @Fatgerman thinks your feelings are hurt? I'm a little confused with that one lol. 

Another quote, this one by Antonio Callaway when asked about staying on the straight and narrow he said "it'll be easy" now that he has a purpose. I'm not sure if he was talking about being in the NFL or the fact he has a 3 month old daughter with that purpose tbh. Either way I hope he pans out cause he def has a lot of talent imo. 

18 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

And I appreciate it as I was thinking it wasn't going to stick there for a second.

You should.  You seem to be a good poster who’s contributing a lot.  Many of us have been posting here and busting each other’s balls for over a decade.  Good group of guys with a few (one really) schmucks sprinkled in.

18 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I don't know why @Fatgerman thinks your feelings are hurt? I'm a little confused with that one lol. 

Low blood sugar from a lack of schnitzel and strudel would be my guess.

Alright got a couple more Baker quotes. I started adding quotes and just wound up putting in most of the article as most of it was relevant for context. 

Mayfield fumbled a couple of snaps Friday. Although he didn’t fumble Saturday, he bobbled one snap.

“We’ve got to make sure we’re not having to worry about that,” he said. “Obviously, it puts you in position to turn the ball over, so [it’s important we’re] making sure we handle the basics first, and then you’re able to move on and progress from there.”

Why is something so basic a problem for Mayfield?

Well, he took 1,040 snaps out of shotgun last season compared to seven from under center, according to ESPN. He said he rarely took snaps from under center throughout his college career and never did it when he played for Lake Travis High School in Texas.

“That’s why working the footwork under center is the important part right now because I didn’t do it,” said Mayfield, who threw an interception Saturday in a seven-on-seven drill.

“We’re going to hammer that until I’m good, it feels natural, and that’s the way it should be. I can play out of the gun. Everybody here knows that. So we’re going to hammer [playing from under center], and we’re going to work on what I need to work on.”

Becoming comfortable with the footwork needed to distance himself from the line of scrimmage is the most difficult aspect, Mayfield said, adding his quick feet can actually be a detriment as he adjusts.

“I have to be calm. Almost less-is-more mentality,” he said. “Got to be efficient with it, got to stay calm, and that’s what I’ve been trying to work on is not creating my own pressure, not moving around too much.

“It comes with knowing your protections, knowing that you’re good, you don’t have to move this way, you don’t have to worry about [defenders], even if you see a guy blitzing, we’re going to have a [running] back coming back scanning. Just stuff like that, knowing the offense, being comfortable in it and then just trusting your receivers to get there, so you can throw them the ball.”

The good news for Mayfield is he has dramatically improved his footwork before. Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley recently told the Beacon Journal/Ohio.com that Mayfield’s footwork “was probably below average” when he was a sophomore, then he developed it the past two years.

Mayfield said he has the “same mentality” now that he had when he made those strides.

“I put a lot of time and effort into that,” he said. “The transition from my sophomore year to junior year was huge. But then it was even bigger senior year. That’s when I made the most improvement with my footwork, and that’s just because I had a knowledge of the offense. I was able to really focus on the details and execute those"

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You should.  You seem to be a good poster who’s contributing a lot.  Many of us have been posting here and busting each other’s balls for over a decade.  Good group of guys with a few (one really) schmucks sprinkled in.

Don't listen to him, @buckeyesNut0623; I'm really a good guy. Just give me a shot. Being as incredibly attractive as I've been all my life, I haven't needed to develop a personality until internet.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I've been coming to this site close to a decade but didn't post for a long time. I used to have a different user name too. It used to be brownsfan0623 but I can't remember why I started a new account tbh. It was awhile ago. Everyone at this site gives me pretty good insight and def let's me see both sides of most arguements, that's what I love most about FF. 

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Don't listen to him, @buckeyesNut0623; I'm really a good guy. Just give me a shot. Being as incredibly attractive as I've been all my life, I haven't needed to develop a personality until internet.

Don't worry I form my own opinions of the people I dislike which are surprisingly not that many at FF, Browns forum at least lol. 

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Don't worry I form my own opinions of the people I dislike which are surprisingly not that many at FF, Browns forum at least lol. 

This. Other team's fans and one Browns fan are the worst.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That's my bad. Sorry, buddy. I misinterpreted your post as sarcastic. LoL. That's all me. Been too long since my last bratwurst infusion; they keep me centered. I get a lil cranky if I haven't tasted hot mustard in a couple of days.

Got another Anronio Callaway quote I think your gonna like, I know I did. 

Callaway also said that he appreciates Browns General Manager John Dorsey taking the chance on him and vowed to make sure that the G.M. won’t regret it.

“This is just telling that he believes in me, that I can do the right things,” Callaway said, via Cleveland.com. “Just not going let him down. For somebody to put their job on the line, I can’t let him down.”

Also 

Callaway joined his new team at their rookie minicamp this weekend and said he’s “learned from mistakes day by day” as he grows from being what he called “young and immature.”

Archived