Coaches and Players Quotes Thread

2 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Hue Jackson quote, you guys are gonna love this crap. Also to Huebris, do you freaking think, what a peice of work this guy is. 

Hue Jackson confession: "We probably played some guys a little out of position"

Fix it.

3 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Holy crap I didn't notice that. I just assumed it was Hightower. Wow that's what I get for not paying attention. And yes that was a Ray Farmer quote. 

Who even talks to Ray Farmer? He is an anti authority on drafting IMO. 

Greg Cosell: "I thought Mayfield's tape was better than Darnold's."

Say what you will about Highsmith's statements versus what a guy who isn't specifically employed by an NFL team said...IF you're not familiar with Greg, he is the QB guru. This guy's knowledge of the position far exceeds that of Highsmith IMO. Alonzo may feel that Darnold was better on tape, he also doesn't have QB experience.

Plus, it's kinda hard to take the word of a guy who based his feelings of Josh Rosen on his volleyball-playing girlfriend...

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Greg Cosell: "I thought Mayfield's tape was better than Darnold's."

Say what you will about Highsmith's statements versus what a guy who isn't specifically employed by an NFL team said...IF you're not familiar with Greg, he is the QB guru. This guy's knowledge of the position far exceeds that of Highsmith IMO. Alonzo may feel that Darnold was better on tape, he also doesn't have QB experience.

Plus, it's kinda hard to take the word of a guy who based his feelings of Josh Rosen on his volleyball-playing girlfriend...

I prefer the Wisdom of the homeless myself. 

Image result for Jimmy Haslam Gif

7 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Fix it.

This is what happens when your roster sucks and you do not have guys that fit certain positions.  Last year for example, I would say we played Peppers out of position, but even out of position at FS he is likely better there than anyone else we had on the roster would have been.  Also, from what I understand, while our LBs are a strength of the team when healthy, I hear they are out of position as all 3 starters are best suited to play MLB, neither are suited for OLB, but we only have one MLB position to fill in a 4/3, what would you do when we have no one that would be better at OLB than they were even out of position?  The HC can only "fix it" if he has the players on the roster to do so.

Huebris on Rookie tackles 

"There's going to be some good guys, just watching this," head coach Hue Jackson said following the first session of the three-day camp. "This is the first day and there's a lot to see, but there's a lot to do."

Jackson was talking about Austin Corbetticon-article-link.gif, the team's 33rd overall pick in the NFL Draft, and undrafted free agent Desmond Harrisonicon-article-link.gif, whom NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein described as a "boom-or-bust prospect who has elite length and athletic ability" but fell in the draft because of inconsistent play and a "checkered past."

On 5/6/2018 at 11:01 AM, NudeTayne said:

Don't listen to him, @buckeyesNut0623; I'm really a good guy. Just give me a shot. Being as incredibly attractive as I've been all my life, I haven't needed to develop a personality until internet.

Your Avatar is the Best One I've seen on here LMAO

Archived