2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be very surprised if they moved Ramsey, but weirder things have happened before, no doubt. And if they are dead set on getting up there in the draft to secure Haskins (if they end up liking him), then Ramsey as a trade piece makes a lot of sense so that they don't have to give up that kind of draft capital. Obviously, as a niners fan, I'd have a ton of interest in that trade. Unlikely, for sure, but I think it's something that is possible. 

I think we'd be more inclined to move a couple picks than an all pro corner still on his rookie contract...

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Very true, rarely has the NFL seen a unproven QB enter the league and be a successful high 1st round pick.  Mitchell Trubisky is the most recent example and so far he has kind of turned out well.  But he had a great JR year and lead that team to great success despite not being surrounding with elite talent, and played some his FR and SOPH years.  Sure they had Ryan Switzer at WR along with Austin Proehl and Bug Howard along with Logan at RB when he was a JR, not an awful group but not that amazing either.  Trubisky lead that group completely and was a huge reason for their success.

Haskins as a RS SOPH had a little work as a freshman and now the great season currently as a SOPH.  It is still very early no doubt.  And I again say his WR core with 6 if not 7 potential NFL receiver prospects helps a great deal.  Sure none have "broke out" yet to become this dominating player but who could on that roster.  At any time one of those 7 could go off for 70-100 yards and a few touchdowns.  Just look what Olave did their last few games, no one expected that.  Sure helps a QB when you got weapons all around and no one knows where he is going with it.  Haskins has for sure had a great year but if he is really successful and great in the NFL, it would be the first Ohio State QB arguably ever to do so and become an elite player.  

Will be interesting to watch Haskins against Washington and that DB group.   What he did against Michigan was crazy impressive just ripping them apart, that game was a joke and not even really a competition.  Honestly though any QB in this up coming draft, to take them in the top 10, no freaking thank you, especially with some of the talent available that is far more proven than any QB who could be drafted highly.  Will Haskins be the 1st QB taken in the draft if he comes out, probably but Will Grier has a chance as well but freaking is not playing in the bowl game.  At least Haskins is playing in it, I mean come on this is football and one could get injured at any point in time, if one worried that much about injury go play another spot.  Go ask Daniel Jones if playing in the bowl game yesterday might have helped his case and improved his stock, and even that kid is considered raw and he has played freaking three straight seasons as a starter ever since he was a RS freshman.  

That was something else I hadn't mentioned, but is an issue.  Going back to 2005, I believe the only QBs who went in the first round that had ~500 or less attempts in college included Mark Sanchez and Mitchell Trubisky.  Obviously, not a big enough sample size to take any serious concepts from it, but doesn't exactly breed a lot of success either.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Depending on if Jax really wants to move on from Ramsey, which I'm not sold on, they do have that as a tradeable asset to move up. Moving from 9 to 2 is the equivalent of a good first rounder. If I'm the niners and can't get Bosa I think there's a workable trade there without the jags giving up a boatload of picks. I'm not sure what the other pieces of the deal would be and which way they would go, but certainly workable...*if* they are really willing to move on

I'm still skeptical that the Jaguars would actually move him, but I think if they're going to move him it's for a Khalil Mack-esque deal.  Not as part of a trade up.  Plus, who ahead of the Jaguars are going to want to pay Ramsey elite CB money?  Arizona probably isn't.  Oakland is in the middle of a rebuild.  Detroit could possibly.  Tampa Bay and Buffalo probably aren't.  You're probably looking at New York and San Francisco as the only two teams who are probably willing to jump at adding Ramsey.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's not drilling him for the sake of being critical.  That would be making up small, rather minor issues and putting them on blast, which isn't the case.  I question your ability to be critical of him if you're struggling to find things that are issues.  Your comment about him having "elite accuracy, anticipation field vision, and arm talent" really doesn't sound like someone whose looking at this objectively.  Honestly, any of the QBs in recent years (Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Mitch Trubisky, etc.) all have had notable issues around them as prospects.  Haskins is no different.  If you can't be critical of a player, you're probably not trying to.

Again, I did mention about him under pressure and he does need to clean up his footwork .But you're right I am biased because I've seen ever snap of his dating back to spring ball last season but to be honest, he did the same thing last year in mop up duty behind JT Barrett, he made the same wow throws he's just doing it on a larger scale. 

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not going to get the offers you're going to want, especially when it should (and would) be cheaper to move up to somewhere in that 3-5 range instead.  In 2016, when the Eagles moved up to select Carson Wentz they gave up their FRP (8th), third (77th), fourth (100th), '17 FRP and '18 SRP.  That's the kind of package that a team would have to give the Cardinals in order to bypass selecting Nick Bosa.  It seems highly unlikely either New York or Jacksonville would make that offer.  Moving up to #3 probably wouldn't cost any more than a first and third this year and a second next year, or something along those lines.  Neither Arizona or San Francisco are threats to take Haskins.

Raiders?

If Arizona doesn’t feel there’s separation between Bosa and next two DL’s why wouldn’t they deal with Oakland?  Even if they keep one of their later FRP’s I’d value their pick in 2020 over both late 1sts combined...  #4, better of the Cowboys/Bears 1st, 2020 FRP and a sweetener (extra day-2 pick).  That’s three FRP’s to move back three spots and likely another top-5 pick next year.  

And don’t “like” this post Niner fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Raiders?

If Arizona doesn’t feel there’s separation between Bosa and next two DL’s why wouldn’t they deal with Oakland?  Even if they keep one of their later FRP’s I’d value their pick in 2020 over both late 1sts combined...  #4, better of the Cowboys/Bears 1st, 2020 FRP and a sweetener (extra day-2 pick).  That’s three FRP’s to move back three spots and likely another top-5 pick next year.  

And don’t “like” this post Niner fans.

Not even Gruden is giving up that much capital 

Honestly the only way ARI gets a mint for 1.1 is if someone wants Nick Bosa that badly.   No doubt Haskins would generate interest but it wouldn't require 1.1 to get him.    Teams are more likely to want to pay up 1.1 to get Bosa.  If I'm ARI I pray Bosa lights up the Combine, then they are in a position to get a handsome return for 1.1.

As for Haskins, if he somehow gets convinced to stay at OSU for 1 more year...man, what a reachfest Rd1 will end up being for QB.    Remember, Haskins has never publicly declared he's coming out for the draft yet - and he publicly lobbied for Mike Weber to return to OSU for 1 more year.  That's not something you do if you are declaring for the draft.    Asking for a Draft Advisory Board ranking is smart, and now that Herbert has decided to stay, it's hard to argue that he wouldn't be the top Qb taken (I agree that Haskins probably was going ahead of him, but that's moot now).    But maybe he thinks he only goes 1.3 or even later...and thinks he can complete his OSU mission to get to the BCS, and be a 1.1 pick in 2020.  

Edited by Broncofan

I still love Eric Dungey. I know he has a ton of flaws as a player, but the dude is a freaking BEAST!

Excellent leader

Excellent NFL frame

Good arm

Great athleticism

Insane toughness

Shows accuracy at all levels

Makes splash plays regularly

Sexy

He holds onto the ball too long

Misses windows to make throws consistently

Over and under throws deep balls (very inconsistent accuracy)

Clunky footwork

Doesn't really slide & absorbs a ton of punishment

Image result for eric dungey gif

He's a late round pick at best, but I want this dude on my team. Has some of those Tim Tebow traits but is more refined as a passer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Groink said:

I love Dungey.  He'll get looks and should get a gig aa backup.  Hcould even come in for the gadget plays like Taysom Hill.

Was thinking the same thing. I think within 10 years, most team will have that type of player on the roster, even though it's kind of a luxury.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 1:10 PM, .Buzz said:

I think we'd be more inclined to move a couple picks than an all pro corner still on his rookie contract...

Jags have one thing going for them and that's the top 5 teams more then likely won't draft a QB. So a team looking at the Giants and the Bucs may still be inclined to trade down to the Jags spot and still be able to select the top player on their board.