2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't think it makes any sense for a team with a legitimate QB.

Tell that to the Saints.

I also like the idea of being able to manufacture yards without the QB on the field. Let's say it's 2nd and short. You can trot the gadget QB onto the field while using the opportunity as a time out for your QB who can talk about things on the sideline with the coaching staff, if need be. 

32 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Jags have one thing going for them and that's the top 5 teams more then likely won't draft a QB. So a team looking at the Giants and the Bucs may still be inclined to trade down to the Jags spot and still be able to select the top player on their board.

Very possible. Also a chance the Jaguars are ahead of one if not both of those teams after tomorrow. Personally, I'd rather be ahead of everyone else with a QB need but it could play into our favor if the team trading down want a larger haul coming back. Just hope TC likes Haskins as much as I do.

Edited by .Buzz

4 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Tell that to the Saints.

I also like the idea of being able to manufacture yards without the QB on the field. Let's say it's 2nd and short. You can trot the gadget QB onto the field while using the opportunity as a time out for your QB who can talk about things on the sideline with the coaching staff, if need be. 

I have.

The odds are clearly stacked against the guy and up against NFL-level competition he's likely JAG, but if I'm a team like, say, the Chargers who are likely hunting a possible QBotF who wouldn't be asked to start right away and don't want to spend a premium pick this year, I don't think I'd be opposed to using a Day 3 pick on Trace McSorley if he's there.  Guy probably offers you as much or more than Geno Smith as a backup at the very least.

Dwayne Haskins has played well in this bowl game but Rapp being out for Washington has been huge.  Still cannot help but think, just contemplate the type of statistics McSorley and Browning would put up on Ohio State.  Neither one has the arm talent Haskins has, they are just not the same type of talent and Browning and McSorley might barely get drafted if drafted at all.   But it would be difficult to not be successful with that Ohio State football team and that WR core alone not to mention the run game.  Heck JT Barrett was very successful in college and he can barely play the QB position as a passer and if he was not a great leader and had good character would not be in the NFL.  

I would love to see Haskins on that Washington football team right now with those WRs, just how good would he be then?  One could actually get some information about him from that no doubt.   Sure is nice to see him dominate like he is but wonder who he would look without all those weapons around him. 

32 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Dwayne Haskins has played well in this bowl game but Rapp being out for Washington has been huge.  Still cannot help but think, just contemplate the type of statistics McSorley and Browning would put up on Ohio State.  Neither one has the arm talent Haskins has, they are just not the same type of talent and Browning and McSorley might barely get drafted if drafted at all.   But it would be difficult to not be successful with that Ohio State football team and that WR core alone not to mention the run game.  Heck JT Barrett was very successful in college and he can barely play the QB position as a passer and if he was not a great leader and had good character would not be in the NFL.  

I would love to see Haskins on that Washington football team right now with those WRs, just how good would he be then?  One could actually get some information about him from that no doubt.   Sure is nice to see him dominate like he is but wonder who he would look without all those weapons around him. 

I agree with your point, but I think Haskins is showing tremendous traits. Reading the field, going through his progressions... throwing with accuracy and anticipation... big arm and can release it from different angles... strong in the pocket with good height and underrated athlete. He checks every single box.

He's like a a non-headcase Jameis Winston with an accurate deep ball. IMHO he'll end up going top3, possibly #1 overall.

Edited by BucShot

Any of you guys have tape of Jacob Dolegala? According to walterfootball, he's a 6'6 235 QB at Central Connecticut who's projected to go in the 4th to 6th round. Given that Central Connecticut is a mediocre FCS team, he hasn't gotten much attention from the media at all and there's not much I can find on YouTube.

46 minutes ago, BucShot said:

I agree with your point, but I think Haskins is showing tremendous traits. Reading the field, going through his progressions... throwing with accuracy and anticipation... big arm and can release it from different angles... strong in the pocket with good height and underrated athlete. He checks every single box.

He's like a a non-headcase Jameis Winston with an accurate deep ball. IMHO he'll end up going top3, possibly #1 overall.

He is lucky the QB class this up coming year is not that strong, because honestly not sure I would take him over any of the QBs drafted in the 1st round last year.  

Also with that WR core which is very deep and experienced, oh they also have three SR captains on that WR core in Campbell, McLaurin and Dixon.  Nice to have WRs with that type of experience and leadership.  Who know how the offense is ran, can run the routes correctly and be in right place at the right time.   Again I think he would look different as a prospect surrounded by different players, he is not as flawless as some might want to believe him to be.  His sample size is little obviously, I would love to see him back at Ohio State next year and see if he can be this good enough, clearly will not get that chance though.

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

None of them would take Haskins over Patrick Mahomes - even though Mahomes was a 2nd/3rd round type coming out of Tech.

Exactly my reasoning for not shying away from guys who may have some questions if the arm talent is there for us this year.

• Like 1