Jump to content
AlNFL19

2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

Recommended Posts

QB

 

1. Kyler Murray Oklahoma

2. Drew Lock Missouri

3. Dwayne Haskins Ohio State

4. Tyree Jackson Buffalo

5. Daniel Jones Duke

6. Will Grier West Virginia

7. Clayton Thorson Northwestern

8. Jordan Taamu Ole Miss

9. Ryan Finley NC State

10. Trace McSorley Penn State

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the Denver Post's Mark Kiszla, the "worst kept secret at the Senior Bowl" was that Broncos GM John Elway is "smitten" with Missouri QB Drew Lock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

According to the Denver Post's Mark Kiszla, the "worst kept secret at the Senior Bowl" was that Broncos GM John Elway is "smitten" with Missouri QB Drew Lock.

Oh boy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Counselor said:

Don’t be surprised if he is the pick at 10. They believe Scangarello is some QB whisperer who only needs a QB with a strong arm. Because he “can fix everything else”. 

I try to never be surprised at how high QBs are drafted. My Chiefs shocked me out of a year's growth(about 6 pounds) when they traded up for an air raid QB from Texas Tech. 

That said, unless Lock becomes much better regarded in the coming months, 10 is a stretch.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I try to never be surprised at how high QBs are drafted. My Chiefs shocked me out of a year's growth(about 6 pounds) when they traded up for an air raid QB from Texas Tech. 

That said, unless Lock becomes much better regarded in the coming months, 10 is a stretch.

J

He’s a first round QB

if your a true first round QB it doesn’t matter if it’s 1 or 32 it’s all the same they expect you to lead the franchise. If your the right guy it doesn’t matter what pick it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't buy it. There is a big difference between the top half of the round and the second half. Those in the top 15 picks are expected to succeed more often than fail. Those from 15 on are crapshoots. 

If you say he's clearly first-day now, fine. That's a change but change is what we look to find. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

According to the Denver Post's Mark Kiszla, the "worst kept secret at the Senior Bowl" was that Broncos GM John Elway is "smitten" with Missouri QB Drew Lock.

Sorry @Broncofan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I don't buy it. There is a big difference between the top half of the round and the second half. Those in the top 15 picks are expected to succeed more often than fail. Those from 15 on are crapshoots. 

Such an antiquated way of thinking

And Im sure most will see it as Homerism, but every Mizzou Fan has known he wont get past Denver in this class. Elway and Kubiak are in love with him, and have been for a while now.

Im not going to break everything down right now, but he has alot of the tools you look for. But the thing that will most entice NFL teams will be his jump in Football IQ from his Junior to Senior years. And that was just with Derek Dooley as his OC. The thoughts of what steps he could make with a real NFL QB guru will push him farther up the Draft than anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Such an antiquated way of thinking

And Im sure most will see it as Homerism, but every Mizzou Fan has known he wont get past Denver in this class. Elway and Kubiak are in love with him, and have been for a while now.

Im not going to break everything down right now, but he has alot of the tools you look for. But the thing that will most entice NFL teams will be his jump in Football IQ from his Junior to Senior years. And that was just with Derek Dooley as his OC. The thoughts of what steps he could make with a real NFL QB guru will push him farther up the Draft than anything else.

It's the lack of football IQ that concerns me. What throws to make is as important as how well he makes the throws. The speed of decision making is almost as important. Lock certainly looks the party and the arm is first-rate. The speed he works through progressions, the throw/run/eat-the-ball decisions, ability under adverse conditions are all important. Lock is one of the top three or so QBs on the board but we need to differentiate among them. 

You are correct that it comes across as homerism. Don't sweat it. Who else can you get passionate about.

 

4 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I don't really understand some of the Lock hate on these boards. 

It is NOT hate, see above. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I don't really understand some of the Lock hate on these boards. 

it's not hate if he's legitimately not good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

it's not hate if he's legitimately not good

He's better than not good. He would not be this controversial if he wasn't at least intriguing. The question I have is whether he's a poor man's Jay Cutler, the same thing, or something better.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

He's better than not good. He would not be this controversial if he wasn't at least intriguing. The question I have is whether he's a poor man's Jay Cutler, the same thing, or something better.

J

Something worse unless that footwork gets retooled 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Something worse unless that footwork gets retooled 

That is coachable. If it's a coachable fix he really could be top-half of the round. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×