2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

41 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

He's better than not good. He would not be this controversial if he wasn't at least intriguing. The question I have is whether he's a poor man's Jay Cutler, the same thing, or something better.

J

I mean, you say that, but there have bren plenty of not good quarterbacks hyped this high with just as much controversy surrounding their evaluation. 

That is coachable. If it's a coachable fix he really could be top-half of the round. 

Is it though? To me I dont see a guy that just has bad footwork in the pocket. His footwork falls apart under pressure, and thats a whole other issue and a much harder one to correct.

I see footwork under pressure and accuracy as two of the hardest to improve on traits for a QB, and Lock is pretty poor in both regards.

12 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Chubb and 10 for Kyler.  Elway played baseball too. ;)

So you're offering 2.1 or 3.1 so we can get Kyler?  Seems a little off for the 1.10 pick.  :D

(On a serious note - Kyler doesn't fit Elway's mold - if he's falling for a guy, it's going to be Haskins / Lock types.  ARI isn't a match at all.  Honestly, your best bet is someone falls hard to get Bosa at 1.1).

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Is it though? To me I dont see a guy that just has bad footwork in the pocket. His footwork falls apart under pressure, and thats a whole other issue and a much harder one to correct.

I see footwork under pressure and accuracy as two of the hardest to improve on traits for a QB, and Lock is pretty poor in both regards.

That is the question. Perhaps I should have said potentially coachable.

Lock's footwork is no worse than Patrick Mahomes was (few are). Obviously, Mahomes learned but he's successful in spite of it. When all is said and done, will and processing speed are more important.

J

15 hours ago, Broncofan said:

So you're offering 2.1 or 3.1 so we can get Kyler?  Seems a little off for the 1.10 pick.  :D

(On a serious note - Kyler doesn't fit Elway's mold - if he's falling for a guy, it's going to be Haskins / Lock types.  ARI isn't a match at all.  Honestly, your best bet is someone falls hard to get Bosa at 1.1).

Maybe he should change his “mold” of a QB.  Not necessarily trading up but you think he’d pass on Murray for Lock?

21 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

That is the question. Perhaps I should have said potentially coachable.

Lock's footwork is no worse than Patrick Mahomes was (few are). Obviously, Mahomes learned but he's successful in spite of it. When all is said and done, will and processing speed are more important.

J

This is laughable. Locks footwork is worse than Mahomes coming out. Lock back pedals in the face of pressure and doesn’t set his feet on throws with pressure. He also doesn’t keep his feet active in a clean pocket. His feet come to a dead stop and then when there is pressure he back pedals. If his feet were active he could step up in the pocket.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Blaine Gabbert syndrome.

No Daniel Jones is more likely gonna be your Blaine Gabbert our of this class 

Lock is good man he’s a baller 

I’d compare him to a middle class Matthew Stafford. With the right surrounding cast he’s going to be a player.