2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

5 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

traits do have to do with draft status. Also Kyler is not as thick as I thought he would be. I felt he was built more like a RB, I mean if he was like an extra 15-20lbs of muscles maybe I’d be more comfortable placing him in an NFL offense. I just can’t justify spending a first on a guy who is probably going to start breaking down halfway through his second contract. He’s going to run into the same issue that plagues RG3 and Cam they can’t stay healthy cause of their style of play. Now remember, Murray is nearly half a foot shorter than RG3 with about 30lbs of difference. 

I think he knows this and is just trying to force the A’s to pay him. If someone traded up for Kyler, history points to it being a franchise altering mistake. 

Cam Newton having a shoulder injury shouldn't make you scared of Kyler Murray. Newton invites contact, Murray is fantastic at avoiding it and actively attempts to avoid it. Comparing Kyler Murray's style of play to Cam Newton's style of play is weird because their style of play is nothing alike. Robert Griffin III suffered injuries because he has valgus knees, not because he's too skinny or ran around a lot. Griffin's injuries were a result of a biomechanical issue that isn't applicable to Murray because he doesn't have valgus knees.

Murray is projected to measure in at 5906 195-200lbs. Russell Wilson is 5105 and weighed in at 204lbs at the combine. If Murray weighs in at 200 his BMI will be damn near identical to Wilson's who, by the way, is a far better comparison in regard to style of play, size, and body type. Adding 15-20lbs would be unnecessary because he's already at a comparable size to a borderline elite NFL QB who hasn't had health problems.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I'm not "anointing" him I'm giving him the proper credit for putting up the most efficient season for a quarterback in the history of college football. I don't care that he only started one season, he was sitting behind a Heisman winner before winning a Heisman of his own. The idea that a quarterback has to start for multiple years is antiquated and dumb. Is it unusual? Sure. But it's only unusual because most QBs like Kyler Murray don't usually have to wait behind a QB like Baker Mayfield. Also, of course, I saw the game against Alabama. One game doesn't make up an evaluation.

When it is the biggest game in a career of 14 games, I think it means a lot. In the face of a stiff defense, he wilted.

And he sure is waffling on the baseball/football questions... Not someone I would risk a Day 1 or 2 pick for that alone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

When it is the biggest game in a career of 14 games, I think it means a lot. In the face of a stiff defense, he wilted.

And he sure is waffling on the baseball/football questions... Not someone I would risk a Day 1 or 2 pick for that alone.

for one, you're exaggerating his performance. Kinda sound like a fan that still hasn't gotten over taking an L. And two, the body of work is what matters. His body of work, including that game, says he's the best QB in the draft.

10 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

o.O  I don't even think this and I am a Sooner alum and fan. 14 games and people want to anoint him with this? Must not have watched the 'Bama game...that was ugly. Yes, the D was bad but we knew that was going to happen. Did not know Murray was going to get so rattled and confused. smh

I mean, this speaks more about the QBs in than Murray himself.

16 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

for one, you're exaggerating his performance. Kinda sound like a fan that still hasn't gotten over taking an L. And two, the body of work is what matters. His body of work, including that game, says he's the best QB in the draft.

xD 

So, because I'm a fan it seems I don't count to you...wow. Way to dismiss someone, dude. ¬¬ But I bet I watched more of him than you did, BECAUSE I am a fan. Might make my view a bit more legit, you never know. 

How am I 'exaggerating' his performance? Didn't score until the 2nd quarter was well under way and only 10 points then. Missed some wide open receivers several times and because of that, had to settle for FGs...at least twice. Lamb looked at him several times as if to ask "WTH?". 52% completion when his average was 70+. He was rattled, big time.

You are more than welcome to say he's the best QB in the draft. And I have every right to disagree with you. Opinions: everyone has got them and only time will tell who is correct.

Edited by Chrissooner49er

The more I think about the specific teams looking for a quarterback in this draft and the decision-makers in those front offices, the more I think those teams are going to talk themselves out of Haskins (inexperienced) and Murray (Baseball, Size) and into Drew Lock as the first QB taken. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

The more I think about the specific teams looking for a quarterback in this draft and the decision-makers in those front offices, the more I think those teams are going to talk themselves out of Haskins (inexperienced) and Murray (Baseball, Size) and into Drew Lock as the first QB taken. 

I don't really see a huge reason why Lock isn't being taken more seriously, TBH. It's like the media has gone out of the way to look for a sexier number one QB. Daniel Jones is tall and was tutored by Cutcliffe, Haskins is from a fabled program, and Murray is the Heisman winner as well as a first-round baseball pick.

Next year, everyone in the media will be talking about how they all loved Lock. I rate the QBs:

1. Lock

2. Murray

3. Haskins

4. Thorson

5. Tyree Jackson

6. Jones

7. Finley

8. Grier

And I see all of the above having starting potential. It's all about where they land and how they're developed. I'm an Auburn fan, and I'm not sold on Stidham to be a pro starter.

Obviously, Murray is risky and neither Thorson nor Jackson will be first rounders, where Jones almost certainly will be a top-16 pick. I evaluated these QBs on how someone can build a team around them. These are by no means a projection of how they will play.

12 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Giants - Gettleman is an old school BPA selector, if the best player on his board is a QB then he'll take one. If he didn't take one in last year's class, I can't see how any of these guys will tempt him. I think they'll ride one more year with Eli. 

Jaguars -  I just don't see Murray as a fit for a team that has Tom Coughlin running the operation. Haskins will likely be deemed too inexperienced from someone with an old-school mindset and I can't see them wanted to invest it all in another Missouri QB with a patchy college resume. I think their man is coming via FA, especially as they will believe they are sufficiently well stocked elsewhere to make a run soon

Broncos - The only player who fits what Elway covets at the position is Lock, if he's there I think they take him

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 6:12 PM, IDOG_det said:

Yup. You can google "Robert Griffin valgus knees" and a bunch of articles will actually show up

What other players have valgus knees so that I can avoid them in fantasy football next year? Lol

11 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Giants - Gettleman is an old school BPA selector, if the best player on his board is a QB then he'll take one. If he didn't take one in last year's class, I can't see how any of these guys will tempt him. I think they'll ride one more year with Eli. 

Jaguars -  I just don't see Murray as a fit for a team that has Tom Coughlin running the operation. Haskins will likely be deemed too inexperienced from someone with an old-school mindset and I can't see them wanted to invest it all in another Missouri QB with a patchy college resume. I think their man is coming via FA, especially as they will believe they are sufficiently well stocked elsewhere to make a run soon

Broncos - The only player who fits what Elway covets at the position is Lock, if he's there I think they take him

I wouldn't make the assumption that just because the Giants took Saquon Barkley in the first round last year that they'll not take a QB in the first this year.  They were rumored to be enamored by Saquon very early in the process.  And they've been rumored to be looking into QBs this year.  Not saying it's a foregone conclusion, but I wouldn't rule them out simply because they passed on QBs last year.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't make the assumption that just because the Giants took Saquon Barkley in the first round last year that they'll not take a QB in the first this year.  They were rumored to be enamored by Saquon very early in the process.  And they've been rumored to be looking into QBs this year.  Not saying it's a foregone conclusion, but I wouldn't rule them out simply because they passed on QBs last year.

That's not what i'm saying at all. If you listen to everything Gettleman says he looks for in a first round draft pick, you won't find it in any of the quarterbacks in this class. 

• Like 1