2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

A LOT of hindsight going on here, especially with the 2009 class.  That was a class a LOT of people liked.

Were they!? I thought it was pretty rancid at the time, but yes you are correct - it's a hindsight exercise, but a lot of what we do around here is projection/hindsight etc. Just wondering how people see this year's class in relation to others. What do you say?

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Where would Murray rank out of the past 2-3 draft classes?

I'd have him around 10th or so amongst QBs. If Baker struggled as a rookie this guy goes like third round. Hes not nearly the talent Mayfield was but gets to leverage all his success. 

Are we counting 2016? 

My own perception, yes even at the time, not just because my team took him.

1. Wentz
2. Darnold
3. Jared Goff
4. Josh Rosen
5. Baker Mayfield
6. DeShaun Watson
7. Josh Allen
8. Mitch Trubisky
9. Kyler Murray (Only because I have no faith in him being able to stay healthy)
10. Dwayne Haskins
11. Patrick Mahomes (I knew nothing about the kid really)
12. Drew Lock
13. Daniel Jones

If you mean pre-draft day, then:

1. Darnold

2. Wentz

3. Rosen

4. Goff

5. Mahomes

6.  Mayfield

----gap----

7.  Murray

8.  Haskins (neck and neck, so different IMO)

9.  Watson

10.  Allen

11.  Jackson

I'll own that I whiffed hard on Watson's intangibles of pocket awareness and anticipation making his average arm and only above-average raw traits play up at NFL speed.   Allen's flaws still scare me, and Lamar was known to need at least a year to really be ready to be a NFL passer, if not 2 - just his mobility and elusiveness and BAL's ability to fit the O to him have accelerated the learning curve (and I say that with a belief he has the passing toolset, but I had no problem seeing him go 5th last year).

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If you mean pre-draft day, then:

I'll own that I whiffed hard on Watson's intangibles of pocket awareness and anticipation making his average arm and only above-average raw traits play up at NFL speed.   Allen's flaws still scare me, and Lamar was known to need at least a year to really be ready to be a NFL passer, if not 2 - just his mobility and elusiveness and BAL's ability to fit the O to him have accelerated the learning curve (and I say that with a belief he has the passing toolset, but I had no problem seeing him go 5th last year).

Trubisky?

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Trubisky?

Ah, knew I forgot someone, but to be transparent, yeah, I had him as 3rd behind Mahomes/Watson (I ate so much crow in year 1 for saying Mahomes well above Watson, funny how things change after 2 full seasons).

I might very well be in the same boat with Darnold/Rosen over Mayfield, but still think the situation/cast/OC are maxing out Mayfield's ability, whereas we have yet to scratch the surface in NYJ and OMG-bad ARI.

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

Ah, knew I forgot someone, but to be transparent, yeah, I had him as 3rd behind Mahomes/Watson (I ate so much crow in year 1 for saying Mahomes well above Watson, funny how things change after 2 full seasons).

I honestly didn't even know Mahomes existed until his name was called on stage LOL