2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

Justin Herbert is QB1

Dwayne Haskins and Steven Montez are fighting for QB2

Daniel Jones should be in the QB2 conversation, he broke his collarbone which at first made it seem like his season was mostly over but he returned to practice just 10 days later! He still hasn't played since the injury but he might be able to return in maybe 2-3 weeks. He's a tough SOB. He hasn't gotten any attention but he's one of the best QB's in this class if he decides to leave early.

Stidham is just like Trubisky so he'll probably get overrated and get legit 1st round consideration from teams because they always fall into traps like that

KJ Costello and Brian Lewerke have good tools and have flashed QB1 type of stuff but are far too inconsistent. These guys could be "late risers" if they have some good games late in the season

Drew Lock has potential, he'll probably be the hardest evaluation

Tyree Jackson is better at the things that made people fall in love with Josh Allen

Will Grier looks nice but he's old so don't fall into that trap

Shea Patterson and Jake Bentley should stay in school

Deondre Francois should transfer to a school (Wisconsin) that will give him a legitimate chance to develop

McKenzie Milton is probably a backup if he declares but he looks like the kind of guy that could eventually find himself being a decent bridge QB

Clayton Thorson and Ryan Finley are NFL backups

Eric Dungey looks like he could be a good backup, he isn't getting much attention

Jake Browning, Trace McSorely, and Kelly Bryant are CFL quarterbacks

Nick Fitzgerald hasn't improved enough, probably ends up as a backup, he's a legitimate candidate to convert to TE 

Justice Hansen and Easton Stick are the "small school" QB's you should have an eye on, both have real potential. Offseason games will be big for them (would be great if the Senior Bowl invited them) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Deondre Francois should transfer to a school (Wisconsin) that will give him a legitimate chance to develop

I was thinking the same, but if I think he shows out in the predraft games and combine, that'll be as good as playing on a stacked, well-coached Top 10 team. He had an impressive season as a RS FR already.

I'm not sold on Herbert or Haskins, but unfortunately I'm not sold on anyone in this class. Of anyone I think only Haskins, Castello, and Herbert have the potential to be franchise guys. I like what I've seen in the prelim. work I've done on Montez. Haven't dug too deep on Lewerke, Montez,  or Jackson though but from what I hear they have potential. I think Finley can be a decent starter in a West Coast system, but he'd be more of a Dalton type and not win you any games. 

I like Stidham, but I need to see more from this season before I can even rank him. 

Edited by YogiBiz

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's early in the game, but Jordan Ta'amu is impressing me. 

EDIT: Not as much anymore.

He's up and down, but that's going to come with the territory in that offense. Stud WRs and an offense that runs like 100% isolation routes/shot plays. If he hits the deep ball he looks great, if he misses then they're likely off the field. I liked what I saw last year and there have been some really good flashes this year. He shouldn't be taken early, but he's got upside. I can see him being a Dak Prescott-ish kind of guy (but with a better arm and more athletic).

• Like 1

Just now, pnies20 said:

So 2 or 3 QBs go in the first 3 rounds?

I'm not talking about the order these guys will be drafted, I'm talking about the order they should be drafted. The 2nd best QB might be the 5th taken. Tyree Jackson will be overdrafted if he leaves early. Stidham and Grier will be overdrafted. Lock is a tricky one, but he will probably be drafted a little early as well. Herbert, Montez, and Haskins are the only ones that really look like 1st rounders or guys who are close to being 1st rounders. Everyone else getting that hype is just being pushed too high because everyone always assumes that there should be "X" numbers of guys in the 1st round, and it's usually based on the number from the previous years draft. So, people are trying to find five 1st round QB's this year. Only one (Herbert) has actually clearly shown that. Two (Montez & Haskins) have come pretty close. One more (Lock) might be in the conversation but needs to prove himself more as the season plays out. Grier and Stidham are being pushed into the conversation because analysts are looking for five QB's to talk about and they haven't gotten to the Montez tape yet so they don't even know about him.

If Raiders continue to lose and are picking in the top 3 they will have to seriously consider Justin Herbert. Since being paid franchise QB money Derek Carr is 6-12 and if he is released or traded in the off-season the cap hit is minimal. Herbet is very impressive and I'm fully expecting him to go pick 1 or 2.   

10 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Haskins is fighting to be a 2nd day pick.

Lol I really can’t tell if this is serious at all, but why do you feel he’d only be a second day pick. When he’s following the same path as Trubisky, but putting up better numbers against better comp. I would not be surprised if he goes #1