2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

5 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

What do people think about Dwayne Haskins?

At least against Penn State, he looked dreadful when under pressure, most of his late game success came from Penn State forgetting how to tackle. I haven't watched any other games of his truthfully.

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The Carson Wentz comparison's will start soon.

Ā I have to agree with what some others have echoed, he's intrigued me, but I need to see him against some of the upper echelon teams like Washington, Stanford, USC.

Ā 

Fortunately he plays both USC and Washington in the next two weeks. If he continues to have success against them, he'll shoot up all the boards.

Edited by Danger

11 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

What do people think about Dwayne Haskins?

He's really good at throwing a pass less than 10 yards in the air when he has a clean pocket.Ā  Has a rocket for an arm but little accuracy down field.Ā  Athletic enough, but hates to run when pressured.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

He's really good at throwing a pass less than 10 yards in the air when he has a clean pocket.Ā  Has a rocket for an arm but little accuracy down field.Ā  Athletic enough, but hates to run when pressured.

Terrible, lazyĀ assessment of Haskins, so he can only throw 10 yard dimes? Pffffft

Ohio_State_deep_post.gif

oW6ClOD.gif1mB48i1.gifhaskthrow.gif

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Terrible, lazyĀ assessment of Haskins, so he can only throw 10 yard dimes? Pffffft

1mB48i1.gif

3 out of 4 are good here, but the placement of the one in the TCU game shown here isn't good tbh. He had to turn around and wait for the ball when he had his man beat. A good corner shuts that down in all likelihood.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

3 out of 4 are good here, but the placement of the one in the TCU game shown here isn't good tbh. He had to turn around and wait for the ball when he had his man beat. A good corner shuts that down in all likelihood.Ā 

Back....shoulder...fade....(perfect actually, if Hill doesn't get it nobody does)

Ā 

next....

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Back....shoulder...fade....(perfect actually, if Hill doesn't get it nobody does)

Ā 

next....

He had to turn around, if the Cornerback has the presence of mind he can interrupt that pass. You can see the Corners hands right next to the ball clearly within reach.

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

He had to turn around, if the Cornerback has the presence of mind he can interrupt that pass. You can see the Corners hands right next to the ball clearly within reach.

That was by designĀ but we'll agree to disagree, they do practice this every day in drills you know...

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Up to week 6 this is where I have them ranked:

Screenshot_2018-10-08_talkdraft_net_QB.p

I'm a big fan of Montez since last season and the tools are top of the draft caliber but he's still a neophyte. That spread offense and Shenault are helping him a lot. He could easily keep rising though if he continues to get better in the 2nd half.

Stidham's disappointed. He hasn't taken off like I thought he would.

Haskins is a #1 overall pick type talent. He's just way too inexperienced.

I don't think Murray is just benefiting from the system. He'll have a legit decision to make at some point whether it'll be football or baseball.

The complete surprise to me is Mineshew. He's running a stat inflating raid but his poise, accuracy, progression reads and mobility are eye popping. I'm not sure about his arm but it doesn't look disqualifying to me.

Lock has Derek Carr arm talent. But I'm not really a fan. Too mechanical and gets flustered. Really much of the same criticism of Carr but Carr had the benefit of advanced knowledge of pro def schemes and pro offenses. He's likely a 1st round pick in April and I've got him too low rn but I'm staying conservative on him for now.

Finley is Mannion with a weaker arm to me.