2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

On 5/9/2018 at 1:53 PM, Classic said:

Who are the teams that will be looking for a QB next year? It's no longer the usual suspects of Jets, Browns, Cardinals and Bills. Giants maybe?

A lot of good teams will be in the market for a QB.

Broncos, Dolphins, and Giants are the bad teams that will be looking for QB's. 

On 6/10/2018 at 12:07 PM, BleedTheClock said:

A lot of good teams will be in the market for a QB.

Broncos, Dolphins, and Giants are the bad teams that will be looking for QB's. 

I'd bet on the Fins going over 8-8 rather than below. 

*As long as RT17 comes back healthy.

Edited by freak_of_nature

Surprised to see Lock winning this poll. I'm not a fan at all. He's like a bazooka armed Bryce Petty.

@reamer Completely agree on Stanley. Big fan of his upside. I nearly put him as my #1 going into the season.

Another darkhorse is Sindelar. I'm really looking forward to see how he progresses.

My pre season QB rankings...

Screenshot-2018-6-14_talkdraft_net_QB.pn

52 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Surprised to see Lock winning this poll. I'm not a fan at all. He's like a bazooka armed Bryce Petty.

@reamer Completely agree on Stanley. Big fan of his upside. I nearly put him as my #1 going into the season.

Another darkhorse is Sindelar. I'm really looking forward to see how he progresses.

To me guys like Elijah Sindelar, Steven Montez and Manny Wilkins they are not NFL ready QBs.  They are system guys who would struggle a lot in a pro system, especially Montez and Wilkins both would have to greatly improve to be considered NFL prospects.  At no point did I watch Stanley or Sindelar and think wow these two are really great players.

Thorson and Finley are better than a lot of the guys you listed ahead of them.  And no mention of these players all who have ability as well.

Brett Rypien Boise State
Justice Hansen Arkansas State RS
Easton Stick NDSU
Andrew Ford UMASS
Kyle Shurmur Vandy

Point black it is a wide open QB race and obviously no one is near the top at the moment.  Especially compared to last year with so many proven elite guys coming into the season.  Every single one of the QBs have big question marks, and it will be interesting to see how they do this up coming season. 

What happens at QB in terms of who is the starter at Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama, Stanford and Florida State will be very interesting.  Many of those schools have two if not three pretty legit options at QB and they have to beat each other out.  All arguably have no one that is really proven however in terms of consistency over time.  Talented sure but still some work to do no question.

Edited by Ozzy

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

To me guys like Elijah Sindelar, Steven Montez and Manny Wilkins they are not NFL ready QBs.  They are system guys who would struggle a lot in a pro system, especially Montez and Wilkins both would have to greatly improve to be considered NFL prospects.  At no point did I watch Stanley or Sindelar and think wow these two are really great players.

Thorson and Finley are better than a lot of the guys you listed ahead of them.  And no mention of these players all who have ability as well.

Do you have concerns that Finley is already like 62 years old and a grandfather? Okay that maybe a little hyperbolic, but isn't he like a 6th year senior / 24 or 25 years old? 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Do you have concerns that Finley is already like 62 years old and a grandfather? Okay that maybe a little hyperbolic, but isn't he like a 6th year senior / 24 or 25 years old? 

Finley was a freshman redshirt at Boise State in 2013 so yeah he has been around for a little while.  But the kid has graduated once already from Boise State and moving on and not earning one but two Masters degrees for NC State after this year!  Not to mention threw 339 passes without an INT, 2nd only in NCAA history to Russell Wilson.  He is a damn good leader I think, has good poise in the pocket and a good strong throwing arm.  Makes accurate passes and is a pro style passer and has brought that NC State offense to become something special, sure has a ton of weapons to throw in terms of WRs but he sure can get those guys the ball consistently so they can make plays.  He to me is ahead of guys like say Josh Jackson, Bo Powers, Sindelar, Montez and Nathan Stanley easily.

Sure might get over looked because he has been around for awhile, but to me there is a lot to like about his game.  Sure might not be this super high 1st rounder but whoever gets him has a potentially very solid QB talent who could play right away.  Has back to back 3000+ yard passing season on NC State and soon to be possibly three, gets the ball out on time and accurately to a variety of players.  Kid can play I think.

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Brett Rypien Boise State
Justice Hansen Arkansas State RS
Easton Stick NDSU
Andrew Ford UMASS
Kyle Shurmur Vandy

Point black it is a wide open QB race and obviously no one is near the top at the moment.  Especially compared to last year with so many proven elite guys coming into the season.  Every single one of the QBs have big question marks, and it will be interesting to see how they do this up coming season. 

What happens at QB in terms of who is the starter at Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama, Stanford and Florida State will be very interesting.  Many of those schools have two if not three pretty legit options at QB and they have to beat each other out.  All arguably have no one that is really proven however in terms of consistency over time.  Talented sure but still some work to do no question.

I see Montez and Wilkins as big time tools guys that have the physical skill set to play in the pros. Wilkins reminds me of Kaepernick and Montez is like another Logan Thomas. The question is how well they process. But I remember kind of writing off Kaepernick and Dak Prescott earlier in their college career ..but both were savvy enough to learn how to be pros.

Just disagree on Stanley and Sindelar. Both look like pro prospects to me with a good amount of upside. Thorson and Finley will play in the NFL, but I'm not sure what their ceiling is. Of the guys you listed, I don't think I've watched Ford & Hansen yet. The others I see as UDFAs.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, BrownLeader said:

That's a pretty bad rankings list, where did this come from?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

I see Montez and Wilkins as big time tools guys that have the physical skill set to play in the pros. Wilkins reminds me of Kaepernick and Montez is like another Logan Thomas. The question is how well they process. But I remember kind of writing off Kaepernick and Dak Prescott earlier in their college career ..but both were savvy enough to learn how to be pros.

Just disagree on Stanley and Sindelar. Both look like pro prospects to me with a good amount of upside. Thorson and Finley will play in the NFL, but I'm not sure what their ceiling is. Of the guys you listed, I don't think I've watched Ford & Hansen yet. The others I see as UDFAs.

Well Stanley, Sindelar and Montez are all going to be juniors correct.  Again to me in no way are they guys at QB where it is like ok yeah I could see them declaring early for the NFL draft as underclassmen.  They are just no where near that level and if they do declare they either really need money badly or are just simply not that smart or good in school.  Because on the field they are not ready players, maybe they will make these huge jumps this up coming season but to me they all have a long ways to go.  Will see how they end up developing after showing a few flashes.

Kaepernick was a great prospect in college and has a much stronger arm I feel, he could really spin it.  Also was a taller longer kid and better overall athlete than them all I think.  What as a freshman he played a great game against a very good Boise State team on the road at Boise State, and had many other impressive performances throughout his career, and even he was only a 2nd rounder.

With Stanley, Sindelar and Montez really what they all have is good solid build to them and good size, are not thin and have some height.  Other than that there is a lot missing in their games.  Will see how they end up developing.  I could argue KJ Costello of Stanford as a RS SOPH has more of a chance to declare early based on talent and potential than these guys, and Costello only played on and off to start last season before eventually becoming the starter.  Sure he did not put up huge numbers but has more pro style passing potential than some of these guys you listed, and has the build to go with it along with the intelligence and leadership ability.  

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Jimmy Austin said:

If Winston regresses or doesn't seem to be improving. I can see TB being a team who needs a new signal caller. I like what I'm seeing out of Justin Herbert. 

I don't see Tampa thinking QB at all barring more off-the-field issues - the 5th year option is going to be available for 2019, and then a franchise tag.  Given what QB's are making nowadays, those are no-brainers to just go year-to-year for 2019-20, and not even worry about QB until 2020 or even 2021 (I think Winston will be fine, if he can avoid more off-the-field issues).  Given how meh the 2019 class looks, it's not like a team who has a young QB will feel compelled to reach.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2018 at 10:14 AM, BrownLeader said:

Why are you so high on Nate Stanley? Just asking, not trying to be rude or anything.