Team Leader For Each Receiving Category In 2018?

the lone star

Which Current WR Will Be The #1?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which Current WR Will Lead The Team In Receiving TDs?

• Allen Hurns
    • Terrance Williams
    • Cole Beasley
    • Michael Gallup
    • Deonte Thompson
    • Noah Brown
    • Cedrick Wilson
  2. 2. Which Current WR Will Lead The Team In Receiving Yards?

• Allen Hurns
    • Terrance Williams
    • Cole Beasley
    • Michael Gallup
    • Deonte Thompson
    • Noah Brown
    • Cedrick Wilson
  3. 3. Which Current WR Will Lead The Team In Receptions?

• Allen Hurns
    • Terrance Williams
    • Cole Beasley
    • Michael Gallup
    • Deonte Thompson
    • Noah Brown
    • Cedrick Wilson

I don't understand why people think Beasely is going to morph back into 2016 production. 

The scheme last year was to double Beasely on 3rd downs or crucial downs. The opposing defenses made it a point to shut Beasely down and force Dak to throw to his outside guys.  That game plan REALLY f'd with Dak. Idk why opposing teams would go away from this until Dak proves he can win with his outside WRs. Which we don't really have anymore.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

I don't understand why people think Beasely is going to morph back into 2016 production. 

The scheme last year was to double Beasely on 3rd downs or crucial downs. The opposing defenses made it a point to shut Beasely down and force Dak to throw to his outside guys.  That game plan REALLY f'd with Dak. Idk why opposing teams would go away from this until Dak proves he can win with his outside WRs. Which we don't really have anymore.

He never morphed out of his 2016 form. The problem was multifaceted - cloud Dez, plant a linebacker in  Coles path, blitz the inside. We could not combat that on passing downs. Williams was not a threat enough, and Dak too slow to make another read. Combined with Linehan not providing an outlet a check down. And no Zeke.

But I do feel Cole will have an easier time this year. He is stellad at what he does. And with Zeke undistracted and  not suspended, Hurns not requiring cloud coverage, and Williams being pushed in camp by you g guys (hopefully making him step his game back up) should allow Cole to do his thing. 

If not, its unlikely Gallup takes the spot inside. It would likely be Austin. But thTs beside the point.

Cole didnt just suddenly become poor, and the scheming him out of the play cannot last with Zeke out there. Cant shift that backer to the split or Zeke will eat the D up with draws and hitches.

6 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

He never morphed out of his 2016 form.

Cole didnt just suddenly become poor, 

I never said that. I said his PRODUCTION changed. Not him, per say. I think it was evident in week 1 when he made that circus behind his head on the sideline catch that Bease was in fine form.

Just that teams stopped paying most of their coverage to Dez and started taking Beasely out of our gameplan instead. For the most part, it worked.

He went from 75 catches and over 800 yards to 36 catches and 314 yards.

Don't tell me teams weren't scheming Beasely in 2017. It was apparent they wanted to take Daks binky away and they did.

And I don't see why that changes. Especially now that Dez is gone. I'm sure teams were hesitant to leave Dez in 1 on 1 coverage at first, but when they took away Beasley it was clear that the Dak/Dez connection just wasn't right. It got some teams in trouble, like game two against the Giants, but for the most part it worked.

Now that there is no Dez type WR, AND NO WITTEN, I'm sure defenses are going to sell out on Zeke, and Keep doing Beasely the way they were in 2017. Force Dak to win with a bunch of new WRs. Why wouldn't they? 

I voted Hurns for everything except for receptions. I voted Twill for that. Hurns is going to get the opportunities that Dez got so he may well lead in everything. I just think Twill will be used more at first.

The scheme to stop this offense was painfully obvious because it exploited all of our weakpoints. And week after week we had no answer for it.

With Zeke out and, often at times, not playing the way we hoped, teams  could shift their linebacker from the front to the slot, adding an extra defender in coles path. Dez, meanwhile, was clouded (defenders playing the edges of their zones closest to Dez). And to boot, we couldnt protect Dak down the middle of the pocket, so an inside rush would collapse everything.

With an improved interior protection, with Zeke hopefullt back fulltime and full force, scheme away the entire offense in that way should hopefully no longer be possible. And if they try, hopefully, Zeke can gash them on the draw, chew them up.with short hitches over the middle as a dump off, and Williams can hopefully be a factor again when left on an island.

59 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Hopefully Linehan can adjust and hopefully counter somehow. Hopefully he leans on Zeke, who is hopefully focused. 

Im kind of pulling for one if these younger up and coming college coaches to take over Linehans spot soon. I know we have this habit of trying to promote from within, but a guy like Chryst or Cumbie or someone with a college offense pedigree could go a long way to helping blend what Dak is best at with the pro concepts he has been learning.

19 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Im kind of pulling for one if these younger up and coming college coaches to take over Linehans spot soon. I know we have this habit of trying to promote from within, but a guy like Chryst or Cumbie or someone with a college offense pedigree could go a long way to helping blend what Dak is best at with the pro concepts he has been learning.

Cumbie is from Snyder, Texas. A few grades above me but he used to umpire my baseball games.

5 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I think Gallup is going to be the best rookie receiver in the NFL this year stats-wise. I think he takes over as Dak's guy.

I would love for that to happen. Just dont see how he cracks the top 3 this year. 

Archived