Rank These Linebackers Coming Out of College

brak86

Assuming they were all healthy going into the draft, how would you rank these linebackers as college prospects? Just interested to know because I remember hearing that these guys were so awesome, so I wondered how they stacked up against each other.

*Aaron Curry

*Tremaine Edmunds

*Myles Jack

*Luke Kuechly

*Rolando McClain

*Jaylon Smiith

*Roquan Smith

*Patrick Willis

This is how I would have it go for these guys coming out of college.  And very hard to disregard the injuries because yeah that was big issue at draft time for Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack.  Both would have been 1st rounders so hard disregard those injuries, especially Jaylon Smith because it was such a bad one and Myles Jack barely played his final year at UCLA.  

Luke Kuechly - Freak show tackling machine, loved him coming out of Boston College played with Kevin Pierre-Louis and Josh Keyes then as a sophomore and was with Mark Herzlich who was damn talented before the injuries and health issues.    He was 9 tackles away from 200 tackles his junior year which is insane, this past year the leader in total tackles only had 173 and second to that was 154.

Patrick Willis - Crazy athletic and tough, played with a club cast hand for awhile I think his last year and still was productive.  

Rolando McClain - Huge long kid and really was a productive 3/4 ILB, star from many years at Alabama.  

Aaron Curry - Is a bust now obviously but in college was good in pass coverage, got INTs, ran very well and was super productive and really helped that Wake team to new heights

Tremaine Edmunds - Obvious length and athletic ability, still raw and not as productive at times in college as some of the others but super talented

Jaylon Smith - Was very productive as a pass rusher getting tackles for a loss and had great athletic ability no doubt, helped where he played and all the attention that brought of course

Roquan Smith - This past year he really showed out, was not as productive early in his career but this past season was big time.  

Myles Jack - If he was healthy would have been a higher pick, big time elite level athlete who could do it all and played pretty damn well on offense at RB when he got the chances.  Good feet and fine in coverage as well and can hold his own in the box.  

On 5/6/2018 at 1:41 AM, brak86 said:

Assuming they were all healthy going into the draft, how would you rank these linebackers as college prospects? Just interested to know because I remember hearing that these guys were so awesome, so I wondered how they stacked up against each other.

*Aaron Curry - drafted high in one of the worst draft in the history of the NFL. A totally talentless group of which Curry got pushed up much higher than he would have ever gone in even an average draft.

*Tremaine Edmunds - A high ceiling pick who if he can fulfil his potential, could be special, but is still quite raw.

*Myles Jack - A decent pick with a high celing and a high floor.

*Luke Kuechly - A very special talent

*Rolando McClain - Just a decent talent but not real special.

*Jaylon Smiith - Ditto with McClain

*Roquan Smith - Ditto with McClain

*Patrick Willis - A special talent with a high ceiling and a high floor.

On 5/6/2018 at 1:41 AM, brak86 said:

*Aaron Curry

*Tremaine Edmunds

*Myles Jack

*Luke Kuechly

*Rolando McClain

*Jaylon Smiith

*Roquan Smith

*Patrick Willis

Patrick Willis

Luke Kuechley

Aaron Curry

Rolando McClain

Jaylon Smith

Roquan Smith

Myles Jack

Tremaine Edmunds

Everyone was high on Curry. He was the sure thing at the time with potential to be great, but in no way was he supposed to be a bust. Y'all are selling him short in hindsight. Some mocks had him at #1 overall.

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

Everyone was high on Curry. He was the sure thing at the time with potential to be great, but in no way was he supposed to be a bust. Y'all are selling him short in hindsight. Some mocks had him at #1 overall.

Absolutely. He was the definition of "can't miss." ?

Archived