FIX your team thread.

resilient part 2

10 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

The salary situation for mediocre teams like Washington, Miami and Portland remind me of those Knicks teams ran by Isiah.  He just paid everyone.

Still completely shocked by Riley's decision making. Figured he would want to put himself in a position to get a star.

This would be my remain-competitive and sorta-rebuild idea for PDX:

CLE trades Kevin Love, #8 for CJ McCollum, Caleb Swanigan, #24 (CLE makes a move for a guy that can really score in bunches and both create and play off ball; PDX gets a complimentary piece to Nurkic and a higher pick to build for the future)

NYK trades Courtney Lee for Mo Harkless (NYK has interest in Harkless dating back a few years, and with Timmy at SG can afford to move him for a 3/D wing; PDX gets a complimentary 3/D SG who requires low usage and can handle the ball well)

HOU trades Eric Gordon for Allen Crabbe TPE (Houston needs to create cap space for LBJ/PG3 and this trade gets them immediate room, they only do this if absolutely necessary but IMO it will be near impossible to offload Ryan Anderson; PDX gets an elite 6th man to help replace CJ's loss of scoring load)

ORL trades Bismack Biyombo for Evan Turner (Contingent on ORL also moving Evan Fournier, but if they take Trae Young at #6, Turner looks like a nice backcourt compliment as he can handle the ball and allow Trae to play offball and run around screens. PDX declines to resign Ed Davis and with the SG/SF positions full move ET for a 15-18mpg hideously overpaid backup Center)

Draft Michael Porter at #8

Resign Jusuf Nurkic

PG - Damian Lillard (32) / Eric Gordon (16)

SG - Courtney Lee (32) / Eric Gordon (16)

SF - Al-Fariq Aminu (28) / Michael Porter (20)

PF - Kevin Love (28) / Zach Collins (20)

C - Jusuf Nurkic (28mpg) / Bismack Biyombo (16mpg) / Zach Collins (4mpg)

On 6/10/2018 at 10:46 PM, devils1854 said:

Agreed. As a Hawks fan, I got to see a lot of Dennis as the starter these past two years, and he has come a long way in a short time, and will only be 25 when this season starts.

• 17.9 PPG, 6.3 APG, .451 FG%, .340 3P%, .855 FT%
  • 19.4 PPG, 6.2 APG, .436 FG%, .291 3P%, .849 FT%

Now he shouldnt be putting up close to 20 shots a game like he did this past season. You see his percentages were hurt by him basically doing whatever he wants, but he is a pretty dang good PG already, and can get even better with a good cast around him. The Clippers are probably going to take a PG with either 12 or 13, and do you really think that there are great odds that either Sexton or SGA will be a better player than he is in their prime? The Atlanta front office just seems to want to deal him for assets and move on, and build the roster differently.

That's my stance as well, people tend to overvalue draft picks but there's a slim chance that LA is going to land a better guard than DS at 12 or 13. 

For the Lakers

Sign

LeBron James

Paul George

Nerlens Noel

Tony Parker 

Jamal Crawford 

Joe Johnson 

Resign:

Channing Frye 

Tyler Ennis 

Trade:

Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Luol Deng, 2020 first round pick (unprotected) for Kawhi Leonard and Derrick White

Draft:

#25: Mitchell Robinson, C, U.S.A

#47: Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, SG, Kansas

PG: Ball | Parker 

SG: George | Crawford | Hart

SF: James | Johnson | Mykhailiuk 

PF: Leonard | Frye 

C: Noel | Robinson

@YoungJefe I don't think the Lakers have that sort of money to sign all those players and keep all the players they have on roster unless LeBron and George take paycuts.

I don't htink you'll end up seeing LeBron/George/Leonard on the Lakers.  Now I could see a situation where LeBron/George/Noel all find their way to the Lakers while keeping Randle.  For example if the Cavs decide to rebuild and let LeBron know that they'll trade him to the Lakers after he opts in if they'd send over Ingram in the package, I could see the Cavs being willing to take on Deng's contract for the next 2 years to get Ingram, especially if they end up trading Love + pieces for the #4 pick and Parsons.  Having the ability to dump both Deng and Parsons's contracts in the same offseason would be useful while having the #4, #8, and Ingram to build around.

On 6/12/2018 at 4:11 PM, YoungJefe said:

That's my stance as well, people tend to overvalue draft picks but there's a slim chance that LA is going to land a better guard than DS at 12 or 13. 

I much, much, much rather take a chance on SGA than Dennis Schröder. There's really no question about it.

4 hours ago, Raves said:

@YoungJefe I don't think the Lakers have that sort of money to sign all those players and keep all the players they have on roster unless LeBron and George take paycuts.

Couldn't they sign Frye, Crawford, Parker, and Ennis on vet minimum deals? Noel is coming off of a very poor season and they could bring him in on a 1 yr/prove it kind of deal. Come play for the best team in the league and prove you're worth a big contract the following summer.

8 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

Couldn't they sign Frye, Crawford, Parker, and Ennis on vet minimum deals? Noel is coming off of a very poor season and they could bring him in on a 1 yr/prove it kind of deal. Come play for the best team in the league and prove you're worth a big contract the following summer.

Several of those players won't because they can get more in FA, and some of them might just retire if they don't stay with their original team, like Tony Parker, who I doubt would accept a vet min for a team other than the Spurs.  With Noel even if you were to try to offer him a 1 yr prove it deal, someone else will likely offer him a bigger deal as although he had a bad season they know what he can do and would.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers get PG + LeBron, but it will be hard for them to get Kawhi, since even if the Spurs do trade him I don't think Pop would trade him to the Lakers.  A better option would be to sign PG, make an offer to LeBron/Cavs for him to opt-in and have the Cavs take on Deng's contract for Brandon Ingram and/or Kuzma as that would allow the Lakers to not have to waive Randle's cap hold and resign him.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:54 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

HOU trades Eric Gordon for Allen Crabbe TPE (Houston needs to create cap space for LBJ/PG3 and this trade gets them immediate room, they only do this if absolutely necessary but IMO it will be near impossible to offload Ryan Anderson; PDX gets an elite 6th man to help replace CJ's loss of scoring load)

why on earth would we trade Eric Gordon for Crabbe, who makes 5 million more than Gordon if we are needing room. Secondly, how does Gordon end up on Portland when Crabbe plays for the nets

why on earth would we trade Eric Gordon for Crabbe, who makes 5 million more than Gordon if we are needing room. Secondly, how does Gordon end up on Portland when Crabbe plays for the nets

The Crabbe TPE. Basically Gordon for pure cap space to help facilitate a LBJ deal.

5 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

The Crabbe TPE. Basically Gordon for pure cap space to help facilitate a LBJ deal.

But the Cavs would probably want Gordon, either for themselves or to be packaged to another team if they were going to do a deal with Houston.

On 6/17/2018 at 5:48 PM, Raves said:

I don't htink you'll end up seeing LeBron/George/Leonard on the Lakers.  Now I could see a situation where LeBron/George/Noel all find their way to the Lakers while keeping Randle.  For example if the Cavs decide to rebuild and let LeBron know that they'll trade him to the Lakers after he opts in if they'd send over Ingram in the package, I could see the Cavs being willing to take on Deng's contract for the next 2 years to get Ingram, especially if they end up trading Love + pieces for the #4 pick and Parsons.  Having the ability to dump both Deng and Parsons's contracts in the same offseason would be useful while having the #4, #8, and Ingram to build around.

Other than Joe Johnson, I don't think it's overly crazy.  Obviously LeBron James and Paul George get their max deals, and then Nerlens Noel gets their room exception.  I don't see Tony Parker being the ring chasing type.  I think he either re-signs with San Antonio for a modest 1 year deal, or he retires.  But in terms of money, he's not going to get much given his age and recent injury history.  Jamal Crawford probably is in that ring-chasing phase given that he just opted out of his $4.5M player option, he probably isn't getting more than that.  Maybe he gets a 2-3 year deal, but I think he's going for a ring.  Maybe Joe Johnson ring chases.

Why would the Lakers deal Ingram just to get rid of Deng?  The only thing that dumping Deng in a LBJ deal would be to create cap space to re-sign Julius Randle.  So you're essentially valuing Julius Randle more than Brandon Ingram.  I don't see how the Lakers (or anyone else) could justify that.  Especially if they're going to turn around and sign Nerlens Noel.

Archived