Harrison Smith/Xavier Rhodes vs Janoris Jenkins/Landon Collins

TENINCH

Wow the Giants duo is being SEVERELY underrated here. The team was AWFUL last year and the defense was worn down due to the Giants offenses inability to generate first downs and ultimately points. But Collins and Jenkins were both All-Pro the year before. Collins was also a legit top 3 DPOY candidate - putting together a season better than Rhodes or Smith have ever had. This is a close call and if the Giants tandem gets back to their level of play from 2016 then I'm taking them. But to say it's "easily" one over the other is a joke.

12 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

Wow the Giants duo is being SEVERELY underrated here. The team was AWFUL last year and the defense was worn down due to the Giants offenses inability to generate first downs and ultimately points. But Collins and Jenkins were both All-Pro the year before. Collins was also a legit top 3 DPOY candidate - putting together a season better than Rhodes or Smith have ever had. This is a close call and if the Giants tandem gets back to their level of play from 2016 then I'm taking them. But to say it's "easily" one over the other is a joke.

No they are being rated pretty accurately in this scenario. This is one of the rare times on this website where I see people saying they would easily take a combo "easily" over another, and it is actually fitting. Harrison Smith is considered by many to be the best Safety in the NFL, and at worst top 3 by the the vast majority of people. He was the highest rated player by PFF at any position last season with a 98.8 rating, which is by far the highest Safety grade they've ever given. He's also coming off a 1st Team All Pro season. I'd take Smith over Collins without hesitation.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-harrison-smith-the-pff-dwight-stephenson-award-winner

Xavier Rhodes is also considered by most to be a top 3/top 5 CB in the NFL. I'd take him over Jenkins every time. Rhodes is also coming off a 1st Team All Pro season.

13 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

Maybe, I think Rhodes is the better corner by a decent margin and CB is the more valuble position. I'd take Collins over Smith if I were building a team but I think they are closer to each other than Rhodes is to Jenkins.

15 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

Is Harrison Smith better than Landon Collins? Yup.

Is Xavier Rhodes better than Janoris Jenkins? Yup.

Rhodes is way better than Jenkins, where it's closer between Smith and Collins.

It's not a joke at all to say it's easily the Vikings. They clearly have the better player at CB and 95% of people would tell you they have the better player at S too.

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

No they are being rated pretty accurately in this scenario. This is one of the rare times on this website where I see people saying they would easily take a combo "easily" over another, and it is actually fitting. Harrison Smith is considered by many to be the best Safety in the NFL, and at worst top 3 by the the vast majority of people. He was the highest rated player by PFF at any position last season with a 98.8 rating, which is by far the highest Safety grade they've ever given. He's also coming off a 1st Team All Pro season. I'd take Smith over Collins without hesitation.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-harrison-smith-the-pff-dwight-stephenson-award-winner

Xavier Rhodes is also considered by most to be a top 3/top 5 CB in the NFL. I'd take him over Jenkins every time. Rhodes is also coming off a 1st Team All Pro season.

PFF is not the end-all-be-all... but if it were, Jenkins was the #40 ranked player by PFF in 2016 and Collins was #8. Rhodes and Smith were both UNRANKED for 2016. If you want to pick the Vikings duo, fine. They were better last year. But to sit back and say they easily better is just false. Collins also dealt with some injuries last year. This year the Giants should have a much improved offense and they brought in a new defensive coordinator. I will expect this to be a close match-up throughout the season.

28 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

PFF is not the end-all-be-all... but if it were, Jenkins was the #40 ranked player by PFF in 2016 and Collins was #8. Rhodes and Smith were both UNRANKED for 2016. If you want to pick the Vikings duo, fine. They were better last year. But to sit back and say they easily better is just false. Collins also dealt with some injuries last year. This year the Giants should have a much improved offense and they brought in a new defensive coordinator. I will expect this to be a close match-up throughout the season.

No you really can say the Vikings duo easily over the Giants. Harrison Smith was in the conversation for Defensive Player of the year last year, and was EASILY the best Safety in football last year. He also has had much more sustained success than Collins, and has had a higher peak than Collins has shown thus far in his career. Smith's 2017 is better than any season Collins has had to date. Xavier Rhodes has been an absolute beast, Jenkins has not had the peak that Rhodes has had. Rhodes 2017 is better than Jenkins best season. 

17 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

rhodes and smith are far and away better than the giants duo. rhodes >>> Jenkins and Smith >>>>>>> Collins. it really isn't close

Archived