DeShone Kizer

Golfman

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There is every reason to believe that Randall would be a better slot CB this year than a rookie Jaire Alexander. There is every reason to believe that Damarious Randall would be a better safety this year than Kentrell Brice/Josh Jones. Purely in terms of ability, it is entirely correct to label Randall a "starting caliber" player on this football team in 2018. 

I don't know how anyone views jettisoning Randall for fighting with Capers and the Defensive Staff, jettisoning the defensive staff, and then bringing in a worse locker room guy (and a guy who has played worse in the last two years at a less needed position) in Wilkerson as a logical development. It's hard for me to look at that situation and think anything other than that McCarthy got his feelings hurt.

Even if Randall isn't playing in the slot, and the slot CB spot is a mix of Safety and boundary CB, do you think this team is any any position to be sticking their nose up at a solid safety prospect with upside?

Randall is a FS not a SS, so starting over Jones or Brice...wrong.

I'll believe it when I see it.  So far, we have seen Hundley good, bad, and ugly. We have seen bad and ugly from Kizer, with a larger sample size.  There are some QBs that were awful in their first exposure who became good.  There are more that have all the tools but just can't put it all together.  At this point in time, I have equal faith in Kizer and Hundley.  And it is less faith than I had in Matt Flynn.

15 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Randall is a FS not a SS, so starting over Jones or Brice...wrong.

Randall has proven he can play effectively in the slot against the run. What does Brice do that Randall can't? Pairing him with HHCD wouldn't have been an issue.  

I'm never been super confident that MM is the scout he thinks he is.  But, he thinks he knows QB's, and Kizer has some qualities that could make him good.  It would be nice if management evaluated correctly and has the kid work out great.  Whatever Kizer does not have, he does have a major-league arm.  Whether he can throw it straight and accurately, and if he'll ever have the decision-making speed to know where to throw it, who knows.  

But, Packers haven't had a backup with a starter-caliber arm for some time.  Certainly not Flynn, and Hundley not very strong, or Callahan.  Would be really nice if Kizer works out, I'm pretty hopeful. 

In a sense, things aren't going to work if management is wrong in all their evaluations.  I kinda want to hope they weren't wrong on Kizer either.  

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Randall has proven he can play effectively in the slot against the run. What does Brice do that Randall can't? Pairing him with HHCD wouldn't have been an issue.  

Where is this coming from?

Nobody talked about moving DR to Safety during his three years in GB. Nobody. Now its "Oh, well....he'd have kicked *** at Safety if only he'd have been given a try, He's better than half the true Safeties we've got"

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Where is this coming from?

Nobody talked about moving DR to Safety during his three years in GB. Nobody. Now its "Oh, well....he'd have kicked *** at Safety if only he'd have been given a try, He's better than half the true Safeties we've got"

Are you really wondering or are you just interjecting an opinion you don't really want to debate?

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nobody talked about moving DR to Safety during his three years in GB.

Well this is just not factual. And even if it was, it wasn't because they didn't think he could do it. It was we had jack **** at corner lately and plenty of safety help at most points.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Are you really wondering or are you just interjecting an opinion you don't really want to debate?

Ha! No - I'm not interested in "debating" people or "making a case or argument" over football. Its not worth the time or effort.

I made a valid comment. Nobody was talking about moving DR to Safety till he was gone. Now people are talking like he'd be the next best Safety since sliced bread.

Just now, Leader said:

I'm not interested in "debating" people or "making a case or argument" over football.

Then why did you join a football msg board?

Your point isn't valid anyways, there were a trillion people who thought he could play safety. All you ever hear is we drafted a safety and converted him to CB, do you think those guys didn't think he could play safety??

If we needed safety help and had corners you would have heard it a lot, but we didn't. So people understood that we needed him at CB. If you really think because it wasn't discussed it means that people didn't think he could play it, I think you're very wrong.

5 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Well this is just not factual. And even if it was, it wasn't because they didn't think he could do it. It was we had jack **** at corner lately and plenty of safety help at most points.

So people were having discussions about a position move that wasnt necessary or going to happen.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

So people were having discussions about a position move that wasnt necessary or going to happen.

IDK what we're even talking about anymore.

But as far as I can tell, you're saying that since nobody talked about him moving to safety that meant that they didn't think he could be a good safety. Since now you're bothered by the idea that people think he will or can be a good safety for Cleveland. I never got the impression that there were many people that didn't think he would be a good safety, it was just not discussed because of the way our team was constructed at the time. Not the player. How the GB Packers are constructed is irrelevant to whether or not DR can be good at the safety position. IDK why you're so hung up on that. Just seems you're annoyed people think he was a better asset that what we got back instead of just being a company man.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Then why did you join a football msg board?

Your point isn't valid anyways, there were a trillion people who thought he could play safety. All you ever hear is we drafted a safety and converted him to CB, do you think those guys didn't think he could play safety??

If we needed safety help and had corners you would have heard it a lot, but we didn't. So people understood that we needed him at CB. If you really think because it wasn't discussed it means that people didn't think he could play it, I think you're very wrong.

IMO its a discussion board.

IMO discussion differs from debate and arguement.

I have absolutely zero thinking that all my points are valid. None. I dont need them to be "correct" or for me to be "proven right" over some aspect of football.

I sign on here to discuss things. To enjoy the camaraderie and community which discussing a topic I enjoy.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

IDK what we're even talking about anymore.

But as far as I can tell, you're saying that since nobody talked about him moving to safety that meant that they didn't think he could be a good safety. Since now you're bothered by the idea that people think he will or can be a good safety for Cleveland. I never got the impression that there were many people that didn't think he would be a good safety, it was just not discussed because of the way our team was constructed at the time. Not the player. How the GB Packers are constructed is irrelevant to whether or not DR can be good at the safety position. IDK why you're so hung up on that. Just seems you're annoyed people think he was a better asset that what we got back instead of just being a company man.

Drop it Norm. You're beating a simple matter to death with words.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Drop it Norm. You're beating a simple matter to death with words.

lol

If you're "not interested in "debating" people or "making a case or argument" over football, then don't make any posts. If you're going to whine when someone doesn't agree with everything you say, maybe posting on a discussion board isn't for you?

I disagree with you. I told you why. That's beating a simple matter to death I guess, or maybe what you said is silly and I had a good point.

Archived