DeShone Kizer

Golfman

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

He said "and what equaled roughly to a high 5th round pick. " How did he ignore the trade up part?

I wouldn’t pay any attention to Donzo - he shows up every now and again in message boards and usually contributes nothing except to antagonize.

Wilkerson will play hungry this year and I'm glad we're giving him a chance.

Kizer just might turn out, NOBODY knows.  I look forward to him learning from ARod.

Randall was a talented asshat. Sometimes it's addition by subtraction.

1 minute ago, Jaegybomb said:

I'd rather have a guy show up to games imo.

Randall missed half a game for his behavior, and we still don't know what that was. As far as we know it was only that he was sent to the locker room for the argument. The story of him leaving the stadium were never substantiated IIRC.

Wilkerson missed a full game for his behavior. 

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There is every reason to believe that Randall would be a better slot CB this year than a rookie Jaire Alexander. There is every reason to believe that Damarious Randall would be a better safety this year than Kentrell Brice/Josh Jones. Purely in terms of ability, it is entirely correct to label Randall a "starting caliber" player on this football team in 2018. 

I don't know how anyone views jettisoning Randall for fighting with Capers and the Defensive Staff, jettisoning the defensive staff, and then bringing in a worse locker room guy (and a guy who has played worse in the last two years at a less needed position) in Wilkerson as a logical development. It's hard for me to look at that situation and think anything other than that McCarthy got his feelings hurt.

Even if Randall isn't playing in the slot, and the slot CB spot is a mix of Safety and boundary CB, do you think this team is any any position to be sticking their nose up at a solid safety prospect with upside?

You have no idea that Wilkerson is a worse locker room guy than Randall. It was word that the Packers considered cutting him after veteran players approached the staff about him. Sounded like the Packers want d him gone ala Sitton. ANYTHING they got for him was worth it. 

3 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Obviously the fact that he left on his own accord is reading between the lines and I can't prove that. If I'm right though there is a hell of a difference between getting suspended and leaving a game.

The Jets ate a $9,000,000 cap hit to make Wilkerson go away. They fined him three times for being late to seperate events. They then suspended him for a quarter. They then suspended him for a full game. He showed up out of shape this year. He wouldn't listen to coaches at all. He refused to play his responisbility on called plays. 

Wilkerson was a genuine legitimate locker room cancer. I've heard nothing like that from Randall. Even at his worst, Randall losing his temper and storming off isn't anywhere near as bad as phoning in two entire years. 

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

You have no idea that Wilkerson is a worse locker room guy than Randall. It was word that the Packers considered cutting him after veteran players approached the staff about him. Sounded like the Packers want d him gone ala Sitton. ANYTHING they got for him was worth it. 

And even if we accept that, asking for Kizer instead of more draft capital was still a stupid thing to do.

Obviously we needed a new backup QB.  Now we have a new backup QB.  Hopefully his only stats this year will come from 4th quarter garbage time, or after game 13 (by which time we'll have home field locked).

By the way, you need to have a decent backup QB.  I know you all wanted that guy from Mich. State who will be wearing purple this year.  But, this way is better.

Thought this was a Kizer thread.  Heard some saying he was drafted in the first round.  He wasn't #52 in last years draft.  Sure MM says he would have been a 1st in this years draft.  Well maybe considering how hungry teams are at the moment.  Don't really care it's all just noise.  Hundley pretty much sucked.  Think that's why Van Pelt was shown the door.  How the Packers missed so badly is beyond me.  It was pretty clear the kid couldn't throw the ball.  Glad we got Kizer in early so he can learn the offense.  Hopefully he'll also learn from Aaron.  Unlike Hundley Kizer can throw the ball.  He has to work on his reads.  Well hope he can at least be a decent back up for a few years.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And even if we accept that, asking for Kizer instead of more draft capital was still a stupid thing to do.

Why? The staff believes he can play. They considered him last year in the draft too. The kid is young and has great tools. Payton Manning threw like 28 INT’s as a rookie too. 

Edit: hind sight being 20/20 I might rather have had a second round pick but then we have issues at backup QB unless there is a QB with Kizer’s tools available there. 

I see and accept the Packers logic with the trade. 

39 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Jets ate a $9,000,000 cap hit to make Wilkerson go away.

Really has no bearing at that point. Just means they didn't want to pay his 17 mil base. We nearly cut Randall with a 1 mil base.

Geeeeezzz AG. You sure are ripping it up on this thread eh? Nobody can say anything w/o you providing all sorts of comebacks filled with certainties and guarantees - or to put it another way - "theres every reason to believe...you've cracked this thing for sure."

Archived