DeShone Kizer

Golfman

2 hours ago, Donzo said:

That's an awful comp.... Moving up from the middle of round 4 to the to first pick of round 4, and more importantly, the first pick of day three... The move up in round 5 was ignored.

2 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

True, we got like 45 points of value and the first pick in the 5th is only worth 35.

I stand corrected. I thought it was really close to a high five, that's what I read after it happened but I'm too lazy to pull up the chart and ever check

On 5/12/2018 at 2:09 PM, NormSizedMidget said:

So I started to edit my post but I will reply to this. Using the Jahri line last year, 2.25 per, this is who signed in 2017

8ba0c25242fb927e507eff2bf168d3b5.png

This gives us some actual frame of reference. How many of those guys had any impact on their teams actual success? How much money was spent there on low level players compared to the actual production out of all of them...I don't think it's as good as it seems when you look at the whole picture.

Evans, Adams, Tramon. Those are the three that stand out. I don't know as much as I once did so I'm sure i missed some other productive guys. I know Mills was a starter.

EDIT. Missed Keenum, derp

Say what you will, but Marshall Newhouse started 14 games last season.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Does that say more about Newhouse, or or the state of the Raiders' OL?

Dude's a career back-up that can start in a pinch if necessary. Someone got hurt and their OL is aging. What can you say?

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Dude's a career back-up that can start in a pinch if necessary. Someone got hurt and their OL is aging. What can you say?

That's he a byproduct of circumstances.  I mean, Justin McCray started 8 games for the Packers but I wouldn't rush to justify using him as my argument that an UDFA can be reasonably expected to start.

On 5/7/2018 at 6:20 PM, Leader said:

Apparently the locker room wanted DR gone - or werent broken up when he was shipped out. Come on guys, their opinion has to count for something no?

Yeah, we won't likely ever know the whole situation.  Why I don't think it makes sense to get all hot an bothered over it.

1 hour ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Yeah, we won't likely ever know the whole situation.  Why I don't think it makes sense to get all hot an bothered over it.

Nor anything football related tbh lol. I probably got too annoyed over it. But I was scared of the hole there before but I'm good now. I'm still not a huge fan of the QB but Mac gets his clay to mold. I know he likes those. It'll be interesting to watch. I've said that since day one. I just would have rather had something that plays without a Rodgers injury, that's really all.

A highly subjective opinion not based on anything but pure observational bias but the thing I like about Kizer over Hundley is that he comes across a lot more cerebral, well spoken, educated and smart. I like his interviews on Packers.com.  He seems to have the athletic tools, arm and with good coaching, I feel he could be something special.

I really hated that Hundley would chew gum. 

Hello Packer fans - Brooksie here - womb to the tomb Browns fans. I know I was in the minority in Cleveland when the trade happened - but I wish we could have kept DeShone. I thought the wrong decision was made to start him week one. I am showing a clip of the Steeler game I found from week one. I think a very fair assessment of this game is that, to me, it is clear that Kizer's head is spinning because the game is just way too fast for him. Did he hold onto the ball way too long? Yes, he did - a common rookie error. But you can also see that Kizer attacked this game with a vengeance, relying on his God given athletic talents. Then Kenny Britt was Kenny Britt. Had Britt been the veteran leader the Browns thought they were getting and the security blanket Kizer needed - things would have been way better for DeShone in Cleveland.

Kizer will now get the opportunity to sit back and absorb the knowledge of the Packer coaches and Aaron's experience. I still think Kizer's best football is ahead of him. Hopefully this will be one of those trades that is beneficial to both teams.

Archived