DeShone Kizer

Golfman

3 hours ago, N4L said:

The statement 'would be a first round pick if he came out this year' is pretty comical. So he went in the second round in a weak QB class, but somehow he would have gone in the first in one of the strongest QB classes in the past 10 years? 

Kizer has some serious accuracy issues. QBs with accuracy issues don't last long in the NFL. Not always that simple but I think this may be one of those times where it is. 

I’ll let Bucky explain...

3 hours ago, N4L said:

The statement 'would be a first round pick if he came out this year' is pretty comical. So he went in the second round in a weak QB class, but somehow he would have gone in the first in one of the strongest QB classes in the past 10 years

Kizer has some serious accuracy issues. QBs with accuracy issues don't last long in the NFL. Not always that simple but I think this may be one of those times where it is. 

Who says this is one of the strongest classes in the last 10 years? I am willing to bet the QBs in the 2017 draft have better careers than the ones this year. Kizer would also have another year under his belt. 

I don't think MM is crazy at all saying he would be in the 1st. He arguably should've went in the first last year. 

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not really.  Given another year of development and production at Notre Dame, it's not really a stretch.  The Packers were rumored to be high on him last year, no reason to think that's changed since then.

Always difficult to assume the extent of the development you're going to see. 

11 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I’ll let Bucky explain...

When the hell did it become the standard to assume that because a QB is bad as a rookie he's going to become a good QB? Did I miss this memo.

Watson was a stud as a rookie, hopefully he can keep it up.

Mahomes started one game last year and threw 0 TDs and 1 pick. I'm not even saying he's going to be bad, I'm just not sure how anyone's opinion of him has changed since the draft.

Trubisky was bad as a rookie. 7TDs and 7INTs in 12 starts is terrible. 

+++

If we're bypassing production and playing style, what the hell are we evaluating players on?

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Always difficult to assume the extent of the development you're going to see. 

That's why the draft is so much of a crap shoot. It it weren't difficult, no one would miss on first rounders and all 7th rounders would be cut. It is anything but an exact science, but given what we know, Kizer would have compared pretty nicely to the QB's in this draft. 

Just an FYI, Baker Mayfield was thought to be a 3rd, 4th round guy going into the last month of the season last year. 

Kids develop at different rates. Anyone who give Kizer ZERO chance is a fool Anyone who thinks he's a can't miss is a fool as well. Guess what, the same can be said for every QB taken in the first few rounds of this years draft for sure. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

When the hell did it become the standard to assume that because a QB is bad as a rookie he's going to become a good QB? Did I miss this memo.

Mahomes started one game last year and threw 0 TDs and 1 pick. I'm not even saying he's going to be bad, I'm just not sure how anyone's opinion of him has changed since the draft.

+++

If we're bypassing production and playing style, what the hell are we evaluating players on?

Let me and Websters help you out! 

Definition of could for Students

• past tense of can
  •  
1used as a helping verb in the past 
  • Her daughter could read at the age of five.
2used as a polite form instead of can 
  • Could you help me?
3used to say something is possible 
  • You could win.
  • You could have been hurt.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

+++

I think what Bucky is saying is this class all has flaws. But teams are overlooking them to go Boom/Bust.

- Mayfield: Height. Character.

- Darnold: Turnovers.

- Allen: Completion%

- Rosen: Character/Ego. 

- Jackson: Height. Completion%.

I don’t agree with MM that Kizer woulda went round 1, but with another year at ND it’s possible. The biggest knock on Kizer was immaturity and wasn’t ready for NFL. If he doesn’t declare early I see where MM’s version is backed up. Kizer probably goes higher this year than last IMO. Not sure if before or after Jackson. But the demand on QB felt higher in ‘18.

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

+++

Still stuck on production and ignoring surrounding cast in May I see.

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Let me and Websters help you out! 

Definition of could for Students

• past tense of can
  •  
1used as a helping verb in the past 
  • Her daughter could read at the age of five.
2used as a polite form instead of can 
  • Could you help me?
3used to say something is possible 
  • You could win.
  • You could have been hurt.

And I could hook up with Alison Brie, but I don't think that's very likely. 

Look at this video. This isn't like there's one issue that needs fixing. He has every bad habit that NFL QBs can have when it comes to throwing interceptions. He throws late, he throws high, he misreads coverages, he panic throws, he lacks touch on short throws, if you can think of it, it's there. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Still stuck on production and ignoring surrounding cast in May I see.

What was the excuse in college when he had a bunch of talent around him?

Obviously it doesn't tell the whole story, but the only guy he beat out at not throwing the ball to the other team was Sam Darnold who also had a bad time throwing the ball to the other team. 

Att/INT

Josh Rosen: 45.2

Josh Allen: 45.0

Sam Darnold: 36.9

Baker Mayfield: 67.33

Lamar Jackson: 43.0

Deshone Kizer: 40.1

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And I could hook up with Alison Brie, but I don't think that's very likely. 

Look at this video. This isn't like there's one issue that needs fixing. He has every bad habit that NFL QBs can have when it comes to throwing interceptions. He throws late, he throws high, he misreads coverages, he panic throws, he lacks touch on short throws, if you can think of it, it's there. 

You are entirely too invented in being 'right' in this thread. So I'm going to concede your point. "Any rookie who sucks will NEVER have a chance to become anything and should automatically be cut," said NO GM EVER! 

On the other hand there was that Manning guy, who threw 28 picks in his rookie year. Oh forget it, he never amounted to anything anyway. 

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What was the excuse in college when he had a bunch of talent around him?

Obviously it doesn't tell the whole story, but the only guy he beat out at not throwing the ball to the other team was Sam Darnold who also had a bad time throwing the ball to the other team. 

Att/INT

Josh Rosen: 45.2

Josh Allen: 45.0

Sam Darnold: 36.9

Baker Mayfield: 67.33

Lamar Jackson: 43.0

Deshone Kizer: 40.1

So he's in a similar range to 4 guys who just went in round 1?

Which is just what Mac said.

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You are entirely too invented in being 'right' in this thread. So I'm going to concede your point. "Any rookie who sucks will NEVER have a chance to become anything and should automatically be cut," said NO GM EVER! 

On the other hand there was that Manning guy, who threw 28 picks in his rookie year. Oh forget it, he never amounted to anything anyway. 

Since you're so good at the dictionary, go look up what a "small sample size", thank god we were able to pull one example from 20 years ago. 

List of guys who have led the league in INT% since the turn of the decade:

2017: Deshone Kizer

2016: Ryan Fitzpatrick

2015: Zombie Peyton Manning

2014: Josh McCown

2013: Eli Manning

2012: Matt Cassell

2011: Josh Skelton

2010: Zombie Brett Favre

That is a grisly *** list.

Archived