DeShone Kizer

Golfman

17 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm not falling for the "he's on my team now he must have potential" trap. DeShone Kizer is likely to be an awful QB his entire career but excuses will continue to be made until we cut him.

I'll keep saying this, if I proposed this trade, even knowing Randall was an issue that had to go, people would have laughed me off this website for it. I'm not anti Kizer or even pro Randall but it feels like that same thing we all fall into at times where we trust the team ( I do) and have hope for the move. That's fine, that's fandom. But I'm still ticked off

3 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

Agree on the reason to move Randall. But he was a Safety at Arizona. Doubt the learning curve would be that high even though he had 3 years at CB for GB.

It’s not just the learning curve, it’s also learning fast and well enough to supplant Haha/Brice/Jones for snaps.

He most likely will not beat any of those guys out, so why hold onto him if you can get Kizer and some draft capital?

Something for nothing IMO

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Randall played through a ton of injuries as a Packer. Probably would've been higher regarded by fans if he'd just stayed down a few games. 

Possibly, but either way if you’re missing games or not playing well because of injury it’s a detriment to the team overall.

I don’t hate the guy or anything but glad to move on.

6 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'll keep saying this, if I proposed this trade, even knowing Randall was an issue that had to go, people would have laughed me off this website for it. I'm not anti Kizer or even pro Randall but it feels like that same thing we all fall into at times where we trust the team ( I do) and have hope for the move. That's fine, that's fandom. But I'm still ticked off

At the time it was a leap of faith, but if you pretend we still have him after the off-season we had, I'd move him in a second for Kizer and the Browns 4-5. Just like I said at the time, Gute would make it work, and he did.

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If Kizer is still as unreliable in year three I'll agree with you, to write him off now just seems dumb but you've seemed to write off our entire 2017 class already so I'm not surprised.

Yet the only guy you laughably seem to be fond of was probably the most unreliable guy on the team who no one on the coaching staff nor in the locker room was really a fan of. A guy who was often hurt, inconsistent and had a bad attitude.

Nelson, Adams and Rodgers can sit out because they're stars. Something Damarious thinks he is, but never was. They play by different rules.

I haven't written off anybody in the 2017 class. Just because I don't think Josh Jones is better than Kentrell Brice does not mean I'm writing off the entire class no matter how much you like Jones.

I'm a fan of a lot of guys on this team, I just don't have ridiculous expectations for Rookies. Something like 50% of first round draft picks are busts. It gets down to about 75% and 85% in rounds 2 and 3 and in rounds 4-7 you're basically lucky to pull two roster spots out of the 5 picks most teams have. It's been a few years since I looked at the numbers but I can't imagine they've changed too much.

For all of Randall's problems, he also was the best CB on the team last year. 

I just don't want to be sitting here three years from now when packfanfb is typing out:

This whole thing started to unravel in 2017 with the trade of Randall. The guy showed potential, got traded and is now a good CB in Miami. 

Because we traded Randall and didn't sign a slot CB in Free Agency, we had to draft the way too short and injury prone Alexander just to have someone in the slot.

Gute seeming to forget that he had an aging Franchise QB and two injury prone pass rushers, because he traded back, passing on the borderline pro bowl edge guy in Davenport, just to get the 31st pick in next year's draft. This is a contending team, not a rebuilding team.

But Thank God we got three preseason's out of Kizer before he left for the Jets in Free Agency because we didn't want to pay a backup QB 7 million dollars with Rodgers still playing at a high level. 

4 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

I hate this kind of logic but the way the CB position worked out I don't think Randall would have provided much this year.

A ton of faith in Alexander both being good and staying healthy? Slot CB looks ugly behind the rook.

Overall I'm fine with how it all turned out, we replaced him arguably with a lot of talent at CB. It sucks things didn't work out, but that's how this league works sometimes. Some teams barely trade guys to teams for anything, at least we got a developmental 2nd round pick from a year ago we were really high on. Gotta remember not all QBs start off hot in their NFL career, Peyton Manning threw a Whopping 28 interceptions his rookie year. I hope at least the guy turns out better than Hundley, he's got all the tools, just needs to put it all together. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

At the time it was a leap of faith, but if you pretend we still have him after the off-season we had, I'd move him in a second for Kizer and the Browns 4-5. Just like I said at the time, Gute would make it work, and he did.

Or keep Randall and draft Davenport and we're not sitting here on bended knee praying to get minimally 25 healthy games out of Clay and Perry.

I haven't written off anybody in the 2017 class. Just because I don't think Josh Jones is better than Kentrell Brice does not mean I'm writing off the entire class no matter how much you like Jones.

I'm a fan of a lot of guys on this team, I just don't have ridiculous expectations for Rookies. Something like 50% of first round draft picks are busts. It gets down to about 75% and 85% in rounds 2 and 3 and in rounds 4-7 you're basically lucky to pull two roster spots out of the 5 picks most teams have. It's been a few years since I looked at the numbers but I can't imagine they've changed too much.

For all of Randall's problems, he also was the best CB on the team last year. 

I just don't want to be sitting here three years from now when packfanfb is typing out:

We got two real CB prospects this year that come with 4/5 years of team control to go along with another promising guy from last year. 

Randall had no future here, everyone doubted Gute and the CB position and here we sit, better off in 2018 than we were in 2017, with a ton of healthy cap room and 2 first round picks. 

I'm no blind follower by any means, but Gute has me 100% sold.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Or keep Randall and draft Davenport and we're not sitting here on bended knee praying to get minimally 25 healthy games out of Clay and Perry.

I would rather have Jaire and the Saints first for next year.  Davenport was an interesting prospect but not worth two first rounders.

Pettine has made defenses work before with average bookends.  

Even the Browns are moving him to safety, I doubt he’s worth much next year so why not move him for something instead of just letting his contract expire next year?

Just now, Blink said:

I would rather have Jaire and the Saints first for next year.  Davenport was an interesting prospect but not worth two first rounders.

Pettine has made defenses work before with average bookends.  

Even the Browns are moving him to safety, I doubt he’s worth much next year so why not move him for something instead of just letting his contract expire next year?

You would get a comp pick for Randall, probably a 5th or 6th round comp pick. This isn't the NBA.

Davenport was jacked up the board because of a weak class. Look at next year's DL/EDGE class. He's not in the same league as most of the guys we're talking about as 2019 1st round guys.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

You would get a comp pick for Randall, probably a 5th or 6th round comp pick. This isn't the NBA.

I understand about comp picks, but I can’t be the only one who would take Kizer and moving up in rounds four and five over such a late comp.

Archived