Who is your "Surprise" cut and why?

vegas492

Seems to be one every year.....  (Guion doesn't count)  Maybe there isn't one this year, but let's think about it....

Who is yours and why?

I'll go with Cobb.  We take a dead cap hit, but still clear a little more than $6M of cap space.  But that isn't why you cut him.  You cut him because he doesn't have his quickness anymore and quickness, not speed, was his game.  Jordy operates better in the slot right now and as he ages more, he should be in the slot more often.  Jordy is just flat out better.  And we have a lot of young WR who all show some kind of promise.  Oh, and slot guys are relatively easy to come by.

Why not to do it?  Aaron really likes him.  Don't really need the cap space right now.  Has special teams value.

Again, who you got and why?

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I honestly don't see anyone being a surprise cut. Would Gunter be a surprise? Maybe Allison? But prolly not.

These two.

Aaron Jones isn't gonna make this team either I don't think.

48 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Morgan Burnett.

19 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

The list of players who could be cut are so few right now, but here goes....

Bryan Bulaga

Lay off the drugs man.

At least Cobb slot vs Jordy slot I can feel. I know Cobb would go have a good year somehow and we'd freak.

Jahri? So Don Godclay can start?

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Lay off the drugs man.

At least Cobb slot vs Jordy slot I can feel. I know Cobb would go have a good year somehow and we'd freak.

Jahri? So Don Godclay can start?

Well who else would be surprising. Gunter isn't surprising

Only other name I can think of is Clay. But that'd be suicide for the Defense.

Clay, with his big contract, stupid hair, injury history, and declining play.

Your my least likable but simultaneously loved player, Clay.

freaking Clay...

6 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Well who else would be surprising. Gunter isn't surprising

I guess I think those two are 0.0% chance. I agree the gunter and Allison aren't surprising.

Gosh I don't know. Was my Jahri one bad? That's my best one that makes some sense and doesn't seem impossible. Cobb would break my damn heart. But I would get it.

Only time a guy I was totally in love with actually went here. I'll never forget buying like 80$ in a round of beers and shots after that lol.

Me: if this is Randall Cobb I'll buy the bar a drink and a shot.

Then it happens...expected to be mad at round price. Nah still ecstatic.

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Only other name I can think of is Clay. But that'd be suicide for the Defense.

Clay, with his big contract, stupid hair, injury history, and declining play.

Your my least likable but simultaneously loved player, Clay.

freaking Clay...

If we had anyone else to actually start...

He's been such a bummer after being so great.

14 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Was my Jahri one bad?

No, that's a good one, though I would guess it will be cut due to injury if that's the way it happens.  Which I guess would make it less surprising.

How about Kentrell Brice?  I think people have him pegged as playing a decent role.  He's a guy I could see being secretly lapped.  

Quentin Rollins?  Not buying ANY of this "he's the best CB right now" BS.

Rodgers, Hundley
Montgomery
Ripkowski
Bennett
Bakhtiari, Spriggs, Bulaga
Taylor
Linsley
Nelson, Cobb, Adams

Daniels, Clark, Lowry
Ryan, Martinez
Matthews, Perry, Fackrell
Randall, Rollins, King, House
Clinton-Dix, Burnett, Jones

Those are the only players I see as sure bets to make the final roster, and the only players on that list that I think could possibly get cut would be Ripkowski, Bulaga, Taylor, Cobb, Ryan, Matthews, Fackrell, Rollins, Burnett. 

Out of those "possibilities," I'd say considering depth and contract, Burnett and Cobb are the only two legitimate surprise cut candidates this year. 

Showing Aaron highlights on the Pregame show. 

Oh. My. Lord. It's not the arm--even though the arm is elite. It's not the vision or the legs--elite and elite again.

It's like he has a second brain linked to a three second see-the-future program. He glides around the backfield wearing out D linemen and changing angles to re-set his own linemen while his first brain finds someone to throw open.

Man we have been blessed.

Archived