Who is your "Surprise" cut and why?

vegas492

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

It's been said many times by this staff that you draft for future needs more than current ones.

It has likewise been said mine times (though perhaps not explicitly by the staff) that this is a really tough defense for safeties to learn.  So Jones having a slow start is not remotely surprising.

On 9/1/2017 at 2:11 PM, Shanedorf said:

I just don't see where Josh Jones is gonna get many snaps, unless its at ILB.

And I don't think the Packers spent a 2nd for an ST demon....B|

Seems like they drafted him to fill Hyde's rover DB spot formerly filled by Woodson. He may not quite be there yet, but I think that was the plan when he was drafted. Not sure if Rollins maybe slides in there now. 

Just now, ziggy19 said:

Cowboys trading for Jayrone Elliot and picked up Brian Price off waivers. 

Price was somebody I wanted us to keep, but Elliot I only wanted us to keep because we were thin at pass rusher before the Brooks signing.  Our players used to call Elliot Shakespeare because "he kept making plays."  He got on the field a bit in 2015, where he did make some nice plays for us, but then 2016 he basically admitted he didn't try because he knew he was going to be behind Peppers/Matthew/Perry.  He flashed a ton in preseason games, but hasn't really done much other than that, so don't expect too much but potential and promise from him. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Price was somebody I wanted us to keep, but Elliot I only wanted us to keep because we were thin at pass rusher before the Brooks signing.  Our players used to call Elliot Shakespeare because "he kept making plays."  He got on the field a bit in 2015, where he did make some nice plays for us, but then 2016 he basically admitted he didn't try because he knew he was going to be behind Peppers/Matthew/Perry.  He flashed a ton in preseason games, but hasn't really done much other than that, so don't expect too much but potential and promise from him. 

thanks, is he a DE in a 4-3?

On 8/21/2017 at 4:22 PM, NormSizedMidget said:

Davis has only fumbled once right?

He went for lock to afterthought in one play?

It's the Hunt for Immediate Returns. 

Everybody here desperately wants the best ever receiver ever in the history of ever, and if you're not that in year one, you must be cut.  I've seen at least a dozen people here desperately hint at, suggest or downright state that they wanted Dupre or Yancey over either Davis or Janis.  Norm, you're good at this.  Go back and find out what people were saying about Jordy Nelson before the playoffs of 2010.  Wouldn't be surprised if you saw people suggesting we "move on" from him. 

Archived