Who is your "Surprise" cut and why?

vegas492

Eeyeah...wrong thread above.

I agree with AG20's suggestions.

None of the WRs can be a huge surprise other than Cobb. Allison, Janis, and Davis are fighting to keep a rook from grabbing one of their spots.

Barclay's lack of upside could be pushed out by Geoff the Canuck Grey.

4 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Only other name I can think of is Clay. But that'd be suicide for the Defense.

Clay, with his big contract, stupid hair, injury history, and declining play.

Your my least likable but simultaneously loved player, Clay.

freaking Clay...

never diss the thor hair! shameeeeee! xD

This year's crop of UDFA FAs isn't last year. I don't think any of them make it, other than Vogel of course. And maybe the long snapper

From last year, I think McCaffrey sticks another year on the PS, maybe signed mid year by another team. Gilbert has a shot to make the team. 

I'd say that yes, Allison would be a surprise cut.  Just because he'll be on the suspended list and not count against the 53 initially.

I'd say that a drafted running back getting cut would be a surprise.  Albeit a small one.

Gunter?  I'd call that a surprise as well, given his playing time last year.

How is Burnett even a consideration? He'd rank right after like Rodgers, Bakh, Perry and Daniels for cutability this year...

So I guess that would make him a surprise, but less of a surprise of those other 4 I suppose. Just seems like an odd choice because he's as likely to be cut as them, but would be less surprising than them :)

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I heard his middle name was Thomas.  Jake Thomas Martinez.

I read that he goes by his middle name, Jake.

His first name is actually Alejandro, that's why you sometimes hear people calling him AJ Martinez. B|

I just like seeing the word shenanigans in a post.  For that I"ll try to up vote.

But speaking of shenanigans...who is most likely to commit said shenanigan?  Thinking it will be a rookie, one who isn't used to the locker room culture.  Just for funs sake, I'll throw out Yancey.  No rationale thought behind the name, just that he is a rookie who may not know better yet.  

16 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I just like seeing the word shenanigans in a post.  For that I"ll try to up vote.

But speaking of shenanigans...who is most likely to commit said shenanigan?  Thinking it will be a rookie, one who isn't used to the locker room culture.  Just for funs sake, I'll throw out Yancey.  No rationale thought behind the name, just that he is a rookie who may not know better yet.  

One of the kid DBs, not necessarily the rookies but any of them on a rookie contract. I base that on nothing more than my own experience playing football. The rankings that someone will do something dumb off the field goes:

CB

DL/EDGE/RB

S

WR

ILB/TE

OL

QB (If QBs weren't protected and there wasn't 5x more offensive lineman, they would be higher)

Archived