Worst places for visiting teams in the NFL

NeptunePenguins

If I were a player I think I'd least like to visit Lambeau or Mile High for the reasons already stated in this thread. Just in terms of fans being raucous or intimidating, though, I have only hearsay to go by, having only been to a handful of games in three different stadiums. I've heard some pretty ugly things about the Jets stadium, and Oakland fans (when the team was in Oakland) are fairly notorious. I suppose I've been pretty lucky with the experiences I have had at games, because the only problems I've ever run into have been at college games.

Side note: I would like nothing better than to come in this thread and trash the Saints stadium and fans, but when I was there (in Panthers gear no less) the jerks treated me with nothing but respect. Darn southerners and their hospitality!

4 hours ago, KuechTheCat said:

Just in terms of fans being raucous or intimidating, though, I have only hearsay to go by, having only been to a handful of games in three different stadiums. I've heard some pretty ugly things about the Jets stadium, and Oakland fans (when the team was in Oakland) are fairly notorious. 

I go to every Pats-Jets game in NJ - dressed to the nine in Pats gear - and the worst that’s happened to me is somebody yelling “Brady sucks!” or “**** Tom Brady!”

So I guess it’s all relative. I never really found the NY crowd to be all that rambunctious but I might just be used to it having grown up here.

I think their needs to be a distinction between the field itself and the team that plays on the field.

Obviously going into Gillette and playing the Pats is going to be a nightmare, because the Patriots are really freaking good. And have been for almost two decades now.

Will it still be one of the most difficult places to play if Brady and Belichick retire and the Pats go back to being an average franchise? I'm not so sure. Obviously it's still a Boston team, but I don't think there is anything else inherently difficult about playing in Gillette besides the weather in January.

Anyways I would probably consider all of these stadiums:

- Denver (Altitude)

- Kansas City (Really loud)

- Seattle (Really loud)

For me it's Denver though. Regardless of how good or bad the Broncos are on any given year, going into altitude and asking players to adjust to that is always giving the Broncos a big advantage. And as a fan of another AFC West team, I hate it.

On 5/7/2018 at 2:10 AM, Nabbs4u said:
On 5/7/2018 at 1:12 AM, JustAnotherFan said:

As of late, I would say, without a doubt, Philly and Boston are the worst places to visit for opposing teams. 

Eagles have had a legit home field advantage the past two seasons. Whether that continues moving forward post SB remains to be seen?

I'm not suggesting they will get complacent in any way but with the Bulls Eyes firmly on their backs, things could change? There are worse atmosphere's out there in general for players and fans to deal with but the Linc does have it's advantages.

It's crazy to think we turned it around so fast...I'd openly root against us getting big games at home a couple years ago because we'd always lose them at home.
I think having an easy team to root for the last couple of years helped

2 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I think their needs to be a distinction between the field itself and the team that plays on the field.

Obviously going into Gillette and playing the Pats is going to be a nightmare, because the Patriots are really freaking good. And have been for almost two decades now.

Will it still be one of the most difficult places to play if Brady and Belichick retire and the Pats go back to being an average franchise? I'm not so sure. Obviously it's still a Boston team, but I don't think there is anything else inherently difficult about playing in Gillette besides the weather in January.

Anyways I would probably consider all of these stadiums:

- Denver (Altitude)

- Kansas City (Really loud)

- Seattle (Really loud)

For me it's Denver though. Regardless of how good or bad the Broncos are on any given year, going into altitude and asking players to adjust to that is always giving the Broncos a big advantage. And as a fan of another AFC West team, I hate it.

That's kinda how I feel. In all truth playing home games in Denver is like cheating. 

On 5/15/2018 at 4:56 AM, BullsandBroncos said:

There was another 2 or 3 players that also had sickle cell that dealt with this when coming to Denver.

Yeah scary situations with those guys, altitude is no joke.  I live here and it is definitely harder on the body than at sea level, in general.  

1 hour ago, JLambert58 said:

Yeah scary situations with those guys, altitude is no joke.  I live here and it is definitely harder on the body than at sea level, in general.  

I was in Devil's Tower, Wyoming on a hunting trip and my fiancée ended up getting really sick because the elevation there is also very high.

On 5/15/2018 at 6:00 PM, TENINCH said:

rw3yM.gif

because the media loves a story and drama... other fan bases want something to cry about .  all the crying i heard how bad us Eagles  fans are.... you don't see this talked about

On 5/17/2018 at 4:51 PM, TENINCH said:

One of these worst stadium in the NFL and they share a name with their rival :D

I don't really know the statistics but I get the feeling you are basing your assumption on the 'Lights Out' Superbowl and the stigma that goes with New Orleans. It's not really a bad stadium and they do regular upgrades.

And sharing a name? We had it first. Ask Atlanta why they copied us ;)

On 17/05/2018 at 6:37 AM, Yin-Yang said:

I go to every Pats-Jets game in NJ - dressed to the nine in Pats gear - and the worst that’s happened to me is somebody yelling “Brady sucks!” or “**** Tom Brady!”

So I guess it’s all relative. I never really found the NY crowd to be all that rambunctious but I might just be used to it having grown up here.

Helps that they are downtrodden franchise. Mostly downtrodden by, as well as their own self capitulations; us. If they get really good and own the East, it would probably become a nightmare place to go to for us.

On 5/24/2018 at 2:44 PM, BossierWhoDat said:

And sharing a name? We had it first. Ask Atlanta why they copied us 

Because Mercedes Benz was giving away a ton of money and both teams said "I like money..."

Archived