Worst places for visiting teams in the NFL

NeptunePenguins

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Helps that they are downtrodden franchise. Mostly downtrodden by, as well as their own self capitulations; us. If they get really good and own the East, it would probably become a nightmare place to go to for us.

I guess. 

But even the NY crowd as a whole I feel don’t really warrant some crazy reputation. Suppose it would change if the Jets-Pats was some sort of age old rivalry. 

The vitriol usually comes with the Yankees, but like you said, that’s probably because they’re good/have actual rivals. 

Oakland.  I have been to a dozen stadiums, this was the worst. 4 big dudes in front of me glared at me and wife and another couple we were with as we sat down. We were all in our packer gear. They sneared and made a few snarky comments. I patted the biggest ugliest one on the back and point to an elderly packer couple in front of them. Told em "if they gave you problems, I got your back". They looked at me like i was an idiot for a moment and then started laughing.  We were buddies after that.

I saw probably 20 fights just in my section and the one nearby. Guys in front of me just laughed and talked about how far the blood flew. Tough crowd.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:14 AM, DutchFalcon said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned Mile high yet. It might be because I live in a pretty flat country but going from near sea level too a place that is that high would take some getting used too. 

The thing about Mike High is the people are really nice to you. Even in my powder blues I had a great time. 

Packer fans have a tradition of mooning the opponent bus after the game...and for former Lions Center, Dominic Raiola, it pissed him off. And I'm guessing the ample-asssed Packer fans aren't a pretty sight

Raiola also talked about how seeing someone’s bare rear-end is the last thing you want to see after a tough loss.

“Well, usually you’re (ticked) off when you leave there because you don’t win. Let me out of this (bleeping) bus.’ Yeah, you get mooned. It’s like, ‘Get me the (expletive) out of this bus so I can go kick somebodies ***.’ ”

16 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Packer fans have a tradition of mooning the opponent bus after the game...and for former Lions Center, Dominic Raiola, it pissed him off. And I'm guessing the ample-asssed Packer fans aren't a pretty sight

Raiola also talked about how seeing someone’s bare rear-end is the last thing you want to see after a tough loss.

“Well, usually you’re (ticked) off when you leave there because you don’t win. Let me out of this (bleeping) bus.’ Yeah, you get mooned. It’s like, ‘Get me the (expletive) out of this bus so I can go kick somebodies ***.’ ”

They'll be some pretty pale cheeks up there :ph34r:

On 6/2/2018 at 12:09 PM, Shanedorf said:

I remember Randy Moss mocking the tradition, and Joe Buck was just SO outraged - like someone went and kicked his mom or something. 

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I remember Randy Moss mocking the tradition, and Joe Buck was just SO outraged - like someone went and kicked his mom or something. 

According to Moss, he was more upset at Packer fans who were mocking his injuries all year during that season and the mooning was only icing on the cake.

While Buck, Bradshaw, Howie, GB players, Packer fans(and everyone else) were calling Moss "classless" for his antic. Packer fans seemed to get a pass for what is the most disgusting and unsportsmanlike antic that a person could display - wishing and/or praising injury on a player.

Mooning, traditional or not, always seemed childish to me, but whatever- that's more understandable.  But making light of any player's injury though is a line that no fan or anyone else should ever cross, IMO - or at the very least kept within boundaries made with very few exceptions ofcourse (extremely dirty players, like Burflict for example, are perfectly justified).

On a side note though. I will say that when I was going to alot of games and tailgating around those times. I saw some crazy stuff when tail-gaiting (well before it became more controlled) but I personally never saw fans mooning the opposing team players bus either. Not saying that it didn't happen, because it obviously did, but I don't think the majority were doing it and certainly not as many as the media portrays either. 

https://www.nbc26.com/news/randy-moss-explains-why-he-mooned-packers-fans-at-lambeau-field

According to Moss, he was frustrated with the atmosphere at Lambeau Field and how Packers fans taunted him throughout the season for missing games due to injuries.  He vowed revenge and was waiting for the perfect opportunity. 

That opportunity came later that year in a highly anticipated wildcard matchup between the young Vikings and Bret Favre's Packers. 

"That whole week I was determined, not knowing that I was going to moon the guys and go behind the field goal posts," Moss said

When the Cards were at Sun Devil Stadium ASU wouldn’t let them use their home locker room.  The Cards used the visiting locker rooms and the visiting pro team would use a landscaping facility storage room with no showers, a/c or actual lockers.  They had to walk up a hill to get to the tunnel on to the field.  They were basically treated like a high school team.

Archived