Here is a starting point for the 2019 draft!

Iamcanadian

Guys, I appreciate the heads up & links - but as feedback, the misleading titles need to change.   This should be simply titled "GBN's 2019 Draft List".   To call any one resource as the definitive starting point, it's just trying to get hits.   FF doesn't allow teasers in NFLGen & NFLNews, just the facts.    The Draft Forum isn't going to have facts, but the title should say what the Q/link is going to be.  Same as with other FF subforums.

If it's a rank list someone was doing, they'd be saying "PosterX's rank list" - not "Here's Where You Start".   It's great to link it, more tools can only help - but no need to sell it any more than that.  If it's good, it will stand on its own merits.  Take it FWIW.

Either way, though, thx for the link, will add to my list.    @CalhounLambeau's list, much respect.  

IMO, this is just one site's starting point for the 2019's draft, I did not intend it to be anything else. GBN is just a site I respect and usually offers solid draft info. I do not think my title is that off the charts to suggest anything but a place where you can find a starting point for the 2019 draft??

I cannot see how this title or yours would make a whole lot of difference in wanting to look at the info which is all I care about anyways.

PS I have absolutely no interest in promoting GBN or any site, I am not affiliated with them or with any other site. I often quote useful info from any site where I find it, in order to share with my fellow draftniks valuable information, so we can have informed discussions. 

I already stated that the list would likely undergo massive changes by the time the 2019 draft rolls around, so I am hardly calling the list much of anything but a starting point!!!

My title was designed to help draftniks have a starting point from which we could talk about the 2019 draft and had absolutely nothing to do with promoting hits for a site, IMO, it is common courtesy to post a link for the site that has done all the research and work. I do it for NFL.com and any other site I quote from and I kind of resent the suggestion that my title was used to promote hits for a site I have no association with. If you really think that is what I am all about, I will gladly move on to another draft site and you won't have to worry any longer about my titles. I am not going to sit here and worry that my titles, for heaven's sake, just might offend you!!!

8 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

IMO, this is just one site's starting point for the 2019's draft, I did not intend it to be anything else. GBN is just a site I respect and usually offers solid draft info. I do not think my title is that off the charts to suggest anything but a place where you can find a starting point for the 2019 draft??

I cannot see how this title or yours would make a whole lot of difference in wanting to look at the info which is all I care about anyways.

PS I have absolutely no interest in promoting GBN or any site, I am not affiliated with them or with any other site. I often quote useful info from any site where I find it, in order to share with my fellow draftniks valuable information, so we can have informed discussions. 

I already stated that the list would likely undergo massive changes by the time the 2019 draft rolls around, so I am hardly calling the list much of anything but a starting point!!!

My title was designed to help draftniks have a starting point from which we could talk about the 2019 draft and had absolutely nothing to do with promoting hits for a site, IMO, it is common courtesy to post a link for the site that has done all the research and work. I do it for NFL.com and any other site I quote from and I kind of resent the suggestion that my title was used to promote hits for a site I have no association with. If you really think that is what I am all about, I will gladly move on to another draft site and you won't have to worry any longer about my titles. I am not going to sit here and worry that my titles, for heaven's sake, just might offend you!!!

Take it FWIW, from FF's News Section below.  The accurate title is "GBN's 2019 Draft Tool/Database" - it's not "here's where you start".     Take it from a guy with no skin in the game here.    It doesn't give the accurate info one needs to see - so they have to look in the thread.  That's the very definition of a teaser.    You don't see anyone else here do that. 

I'm not trying to bag on you, just pointing out the title's difference.  I have no reason to judge your intent or motivation, that wasn't the point.  Maybe you can see it now.   It's pretty obvious to me & I suspect others, only trying to help.  Your call how you choose to use this for the present & future.

• Create a subject title that accurately describes the topic. Titles like ‘Wow, big trade’ or ‘He got cut’ won’t help anyone and will lead to duplicates. 

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Take it FWIW, from FF's News Section below.  The accurate title is "GBN's 2019 Draft Tool/Database" - it's not "here's where you start".     Take it from a guy with no skin in the game here.    It doesn't give the accurate info one needs to see - so they have to look in the thread.  That's the very definition of a teaser.    You don't see anyone else here do that. 

I'm not trying to bag on you, just pointing out the title's difference.  Maybe you can see it now.   It's pretty obvious to me & I suspect others, only trying to help.  Your call how you choose to use this for the present & future.

I just do not see it??? I titled the post for what it contained, 'A starting point for the 2019 draft", it is not a teaser, it simply stated what was in the post and nothing more. What you call the accurate title tells me nothing and I doubt I ever look at that post even though I am looking for a starting point for the 2019 draft. So if you are suggesting that it is better to use titles so that people will ignore reading the contents, yours will work, I prefer to use titles that will get viewers excited to find the information they may be looking for. If this is a crime on this site, tell me and I will move on. I made over 2000 posts in 2 months talking about the 2018 draft and have been a draftnik for around 65 years and I am not going to waste my time worrying about whether or not my titles are incorrect. I simply want to share info which I think draftniks will find useful. semantics is not something I waste my time on and if you are the semantics police force, I apologize for crossing the semantics law, but I will be damned if I will make an effort to change my ways!!! If banishment is my punishment for crossing the semantic's law, so be it.

18 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I just do not see it??? I titled the post for what it contained, 'A starting point for the 2019 draft", it is not a teaser, it simply stated what was in the post and nothing more. What you call the accurate title tells me nothing and I doubt I ever look at that post even though I am looking for a starting point for the 2019 draft. So if you are suggesting that it is better to use titles so that people will ignore reading the contents, yours will work, I prefer to use titles that will get viewers excited to find the information they may be looking for. If this is a crime on this site, tell me and I will move on. I made over 2000 posts in 2 months talking about the 2018 draft and have been a draftnik for around 65 years and I am not going to waste my time worrying about whether or not my titles are incorrect. I simply want to share info which I think draftniks will find useful. semantics is not something I waste my time on and if you are the semantics police force, I apologize for crossing the semantics law, but I will be damned if I will make an effort to change my ways!!! If banishment is my punishment for crossing the semantic's law, so be it.

Methinks thou doth protest too much.    

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 5:15 PM, SteelKing728 said:

I'm rooting for Trevon Diggs to really stand out this year, and join the Vikings in the draft!

He has good quick feet like his brother.  Did have two INTs in the Alabama spring game but came off of Jalen Hurts throwing so that helped.  Both were he laid off in zone coverage, let the receiver release freely then went underneath to pick it.  He did not show much at all last year, should really get a chance to start this season but will see.  Will also see if Patrick Surtain Jr. does not beat him out as the starter.  Saivion Smith should be the starter on the other side.  Diggs has great ball skills of course, good feet but I do question his tackling ability, but in coverage he could be solid but does tend to get beat deep and is not as feisty as he should be or as physical at times.  Still has time to develop though, could be really interesting as a prospect with his great ball skills.  

Archived