Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

And if there's proof and shown, as I've previously mentioned, I'm entirely willing to admit I am wrong.

But bringing shoe examples and sob stories of how you wish you had done things differently just comes off as "I wasnt thorough in understanding and others should have to conform".

Like I said, neither of us are demanding lol. Might seem that way somehow(not exactly sure how, but maybe its because you're the outsider looking in). And for me I still have time to tag Cunningham if I want to if the rules are as such. Bucs obviously would have preferred to do things differently... but I cant imagine hes too upset that he got a top 3 rb out of the ordeal. Certainly not sobbing as you're implying.

We're both just saying we believed the rules to be as such because we believe we remember Nacho saying so.. and if we're wrong in that regard then darn, kinda wish we didn't assume that.

bucsfan333 wrote:
Would the rookie scale be limited to two (preferably the two "least expensive" keepers) so it's not abused? That way someone can't tank with a rookie QB and and keep him for a tag, while keeping two other rookies at the same time. You'd pay the four tags for the QB but pay one tag for the other two.

I figure limiting it would prevent the possibility of someone abusing it to keep an exorbitant amount of guys, so we don't see even more tanking. I don't want the league to become even less competitive.

I suppose I could limit it to two, like the PS keeper rule. Of course, in order to truly abuse this, someone would have to be in a position where they have several really good rookies, which I'm not convinced would be easy. I actually don't see the harm in letting it be unrestricted... we are talking about rookies, after all. Even after NFL season one, its very rare for a rookie to have elite attributes. I don't quite see the advantage in "Tanking with a rookie QB" unless that rookie QB is worth keeping in the first place.. In which case, are you truly tanking?

"After much internal debate, I decided to go forward with a modified version of the Rookie concept I had in mind earlier. Instead of making all rookies 1-tag keeper status, I decided to change "Practice Squad Players" to "Practice Squad or Rookies". The rule of no more than two players who played a game in the previous year will still apply, however. So if you play three rookies for 16 games each, you'd only be able to keep two for 1 tag. Furthermore, you wouldn't be able to keep any practice squad players for a single tag who played in a game. Basically the only difference is rookies can maintain "practice squad" eligibility despite starting all 16 games, while veterans have the old max of 7.

If that is confusing to anyone, have questions, or concerns, let me know. I tried to take what everyone said into consideration here, and I think this will be a positive change moving forward."

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=588288&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=375

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Yeah there’s no way Osemele should cost 3 tags 

Nacho we want answers! I’ll change my keepers if that’s the case. Think trade abd draft resets the prices

I agree with you in this case. You've played him at guard for the last two seasons. That's a two tag keeper. The rule is stupid.

However, the rule is easier for everyone to follow and uphold without making exceptions. We all already adhere to it. And changing it would make tag manipulation even easier.

Blame Sabo, in my opinion. Or draft guys and play them out of position like Gmen (Kerrigan) and Pwn (Bennett) have, so you can keep good players but get less out of them.

Archived